Sign in to follow this  

QUALITY CONTROL

I've just read the massive post by Loore detailing the patch. 

I've got to say that's an awful lot of fixes for a finished game. 

I would like to know exactly what issues were fixed by quality control testing?  

There needs to dramatic improvement in the way you are testing your software. 

Some of the "Console - Date TBC" patch notes are repeats from the "Xbox 360 Patch - 24th June // Day 1" fix list. Did the same issues need to be fixed twice? Or were they never truly "fixed" in the first patch?

The patch list for PC proves that proper testing was not done. And no doubt there are still MORE things that need to be patched! Loore can say they tested the game all he wants but the proof is in the patch list. This is the last game im going to buy for the 360 and definately the last Codemasters game after the problems with ALL of their driving games over the last decade.

You want patch notes...we give them and you moan.

We don't give them...you moan. Any game that has patch notes will receive significant changes, whether or not they are documented is another story - we prefer to let you know what we've changed though.

There are many thousands of issues over the course of any game's development that are thoroughly reported and fixed. Posting the list of stuff that was reported and fixed would be impractical as it would be a hundred or so times the length of the patch notes.

tbh @loore it is an awful lot of fixes for a game released on old tech, we'd think codies would be on top of old tech by now as you have been using that same engine for how long now? what i think people struggle to understand is that codemasters put the same bugs in almost every game and when its released to the paying public these bugs surface from week 1 and it takes so long to fix. take the corrupt save file error, look at it from a gamers view, i bet a lot have traded in g.a.s because its so frustrating.

Loore said:

We don't give them...you moan. Any game that has patch notes will receive significant changes, whether or not they are documented is another story - we prefer to let you know what we've changed though.

Still not getting the point are you?These problems should not have been in the game if proper testing had been done,putting up a patch list just proves to people there are a lot of problems with the game.Its made worse by the fact that it was released as a "finished product".

All patch notes tell me is that there are other problems with the game that I didnt know about!

How were none of these problems found by the Q&A team yet a majority of players found them within a week of the game being released?

Brand new cars that come off the production line which have been built in the thousands still have problems that have to be rectified by the manufacturers, quality control can only do so much, problems will always arise, to err is human!

I also don't like bugs, but can imagine that no testing could simulate how the game would work when thousands of players get their hands on it. Every game has childhood issues. 

Loore said:

The arrogance of this company is off the charts. We pay you, we don't get a game that works properly, then we moan! Just because most other companies are using this method of putting out broken games and not supporting them doesn't mean Codemasters should follow the same business model. How about just sucking it up there CM and take your medicine and fix the product we paid for and keep us informed on what is going in.

You do this and maybe we will continue to buy your products in the future.

This is coming from a 48 yr. old who runs his own company, successfully. Gaming companies today are just not getting it right? Naughty Dog is about the only one.

I also don't like bugs, but can imagine that no testing could simulate how the game would work when thousands of players get their hands on it. Every game has childhood issues. 

I played the Destiny beta and alpha, both of which I assume were played by thousands more than this and I played it for several days both times.  Never found a single glitch in the game.  Just saying.

I'd hazard a guess that 100's maybe even 1000's of players have had the corrupt game save issue.  It first surfaced within a week of the game's launch, across all platforms, so I find it hard to understand why the problem wasn't found during testing. 

MLT24 said:
Loore said:

The arrogance of this company is off the charts. We pay you, we don't get a game that works properly, then we moan! Just because most other companies are using this method of putting out broken games and not supporting them doesn't mean Codemasters should follow the same business model. How about just sucking it up there CM and take your medicine and fix the product we paid for and keep us informed on what is going in.

This is coming from a 48 yr. old who runs his own company, successfully. Gaming companies today are just not getting it right? Naughty Dog is about the only one.

You talk of arrogance but your post is very arrogant, that is no way to get things done is it? Do you talk to your customers that way?

I agree the game has bugs but people are just really nasty sometimes, being arrogant won't get them fixed any quicker but it will raise your blood pressure, not good at your age.

I think people forget that there is an actual person responding to them sometimes and some of the posts I have seen are just vile!

It is really easy to use a keyboard as a weapon but would people actually talk to someone face to face like this?

Sit back, chill out, take some time out and come back when the game is fixed, there are plenty of other games out there.

Loore said:

If your games weren't glitchy, bugged out and poorly optimized half-ass efforts with constant game-breaking issues such as crashes, freezes and corrupt game saves, players wouldn't be here in the first place to examine your latest (but incomplete) list of supposedly "coming soon" patches.

Get it right the first time and you wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

I'd hazard a guess that 100's maybe even 1000's of players have had the corrupt game save issue.  It first surfaced within a week of the game's launch, across all platforms, so I find it hard to understand why the problem wasn't found during testing. 

They didn't even need to look! It has existed in almost every one of their games in the past three years.

MLT24 said:
Loore said:

The gaming industry is an unregulated mess.  The only time US federal regulators and politicians look at "video games" is when they hear a rumor of nudity or excessive violence that they can publicly condemn to justify their bureaucratic existence or to shore up their commitment to "family values."

Loore said:
You want patch notes...we give them and you moan. We don't give them...you moan...

@Loore: Please try not to take it personally. Most of us are not slinging personal insults at any individuals at CodeMasters - I'm expressing my disappointment & frustration in buying a broken game. And the patch notes provided appear to have some inconsistencies that cause me to have even further doubts about CodeMasters' capabilities & intentions.

How would you feel & what would you do if you bought something that doesn't work & its creators were slow to fix it while being tight-lipped, defensive, & seemingly misleading about it?

It's nothing short of deception to say "we've released a game for sale" when you know full well that the game is loaded with so many problems that it can't reliably function as advertised/expected...

...and CodeMasters cannot honestly claim that they did not know about many of Grid AutoSport's technical issues when the problems are so numerous & apparent that customers discovered them quickly & easily through normal play shortly after launch.

You have to expect to hear from customers that you've swindled, and you have to expect that they won't be happy... and you have to expect that you will continue to hear from them until you've rectified the situation - which CodeMasters has not yet done.

I'm not saying it was your own direct personal choice to directly rip people off. Maybe some employees wanted more time or more resources to polish the game more before launch. Maybe some conditions weren't good enough to produce the kind of quality you had hoped. But the bottom line is that somebody with decision-making authority at CodeMasters made a conscious decision to sell the game as is, regardless of its known unsuitability.

Behaving defensively towards those that you (CodeMasters) have wronged just pours gasoline on the fire that you (CodeMasters) started & further damages your reputation.

And you havent even seen a Blizzard game's patch notes. Here are an examples.

Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.1: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014

So Blizzard also does not care about QC? All because its so lengthy with a lot of fixes and rebalancing as that patch note (just one of them, mind you) is by far longer than all the Codemaster's game add together.

As long as there are fixes and new additions with the game getting better, I am happy. Bugs will slipped during QC and they need to be fixed post release which is by far better than leaving it there unfixed.

@Loore, please dont take that ridiculous opinion to the heart. Personally, I like to see patch nodes as I know what has changed or added. It is a good way to communicate with the fans who cared about it.

Releasing a beta would help find these problems that are tough for QA to find.

Also having a set release date a game got to get release by, make it tougher to give QA more time to find and fix problems with a game and to add important online features like text chat.

Good thing the The Crew got delayed 5 months and there will be a second beta test for PC this month and next month the console get a go at a beta.

Bugbear Next Car Game ( working title ) does not have a set release date. Between alpha and beta testing, most the bugs will be work out when final version get release next year.

And you havent even seen a Blizzard game's patch notes. Here are an examples.

Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.1: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014

So Blizzard also does not care about QC? All because its so lengthy with a lot of fixes and rebalancing as that patch note (just one of them, mind you) is by far longer than all the Codemaster's game add together.

As long as there are fixes and new additions with the game getting better, I am happy. Bugs will slipped during QC and they need to be fixed post release which is by far better than leaving it there unfixed.

@Loore, please dont take that ridiculous opinion to the heart. Personally, I like to see patch nodes as I know what has changed or added. It is a good way to communicate with the fans who cared about it.

Sorry cheesenium... but to say the opinion is ridiculous, is ridiculous in itself.  RTA is not complaining about the fact Loore has posted patch notes (I think we're all grateful for the info).  The issue is about why there are so many problems in the first place.  IMO people have an absolute right to be annoyed about all the technical issues and to question the CM processes that have led to such a bug filled game being released.  I think the majority of us can live with some of the lesser issues but the corrupt game save is a game breaker.

Most of us are being very patient in waiting for the fix but there will be a point when that patience runs out.

Operator1 sums it all up nicely in his post on page 1

Post patch fixes for other games all you want. Look at Gran Turismo 5. Had something like 15 patches in the 1st few months. Yeah, GT5 wasn't finished/perfect but do you want to know the difference? The game was still playable. The fact that the main problem is corrupted saves makes it unplayable for some people and made worse that previous titles had this issue