Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Make History in F1 2017

I don't want to sound negative but I don't see the excitement with classic cars, does nothing to the game.

If there is no VR mode in this version then I can't see the benefit

Will there be classic tracks like last time?
Also will we be able to run 2017 cars at them if there are?

Classic Cars !!!!! All we need is Scenario Mode and I won't leave the house LOL.

Sounds great on the Classic Cars side of things but it seems like in 2013, they might have done little to the Career itself aside from track days, which sound nice but Career needs attention as well. I  feel like they would have mentioned a little bit more. 

I'm guessing Championships is a championship involving all the classic cars. 

Anyone else not care about classic cars? If you're gonna release a classic edition I'd much prefer a full series. For example, the first f1 game, with the old Benetton etc Rather than random cars from different periods.

Just my preference but I would like a more immersive career mode to add longevity in the game

I'm pretty sure this announcement was mainly focused on announcing the game, release date and Classic Cars content (with a few mentions of other features). I'm pretty sure we'll get more in-depth announcements about some features (like Career Mode, or Multiplayer, or the new "Championships") later.
For now, I'm quite excited.

mantazzo said:

I'm pretty sure this announcement was mainly focused on announcing the game, release date and Classic Cars content (with a few mentions of other features). I'm pretty sure we'll get more in-depth announcements about some features (like Career Mode, or Multiplayer, or the new "Championships") later.

Correct, and correct ;)

I'm glad you like it!

mantazzo said:

Correct, and correct ;)

I'm glad you like it!

Beta codes?Please? At least an update please!!

Please let the 2009 Brawn be one of the 12 classic cars. Also they are only going back 30 years so it's mostly going to be gems from the 90's/00's, probably based on the survey results

Would be nice if one of the Jordan's is in the final twelve but I doubt it will happen

I hope we see a couple more cars from the 00s in the final 12 cars. Alonso's 2006 Renault, Hamiltons 08 McLaren or Buttons 09 Brawn would be fun to drive. I look forward to the classic cars as I didn't get the chance to play much of 2013 and I'm excited to see what the new Championships mode has to offer as well. 

Seems nice (but as often with announcement). However, only 3 months left for beta testing, I hope it will be enough.

I am in Love and very excited...... first new is great one for 2017.........    Great Intro CM .....  Yessssssssssssssssssss

First of all, may I thank Codemasters for bringing us closer to the sport we enthusiasts have required for the past several years...thx! ;)

Secondly, this latest announcement has somewhat ignited the old flame I first experienced when F1 2010 was announced for the first time...and boy does it feel good!

Initially, when the changes were first introduced and implemented for the following 2014 season, I have to say I was both sceptical and quite saddened with the demise of the v8's....until the 2016 season arrived!

I really became accustomed to the changes and 2016 brought back the excitement which had been lacking from previous years. 

This year feels even better...with only a few races in! - what a year year it's going to be! :smiley:

Codemasters 2016 was/Is a very good depiction of which I still enjoy to this very day! - albeit the handling I felt still needed tweaking...

F1 2017 can only be a refinement of it's predecessor;  which isn't a bad thing by any means, tbh I'm just glad we have the game coming at all!

I've really taken a shine to this season, but please 'codies'....improve the sounds of the engines! ;)

NOISE...WE NEED THE NOISE!!! :wink:

By the way....

@jennyannem - What rough timeframe can we expect some images of the 2017 cars?

Monaco GP weekend perhaps...? 

Thanks Jenny!

https://youtu.be/MHdjrBumzVs?t=49s

So does that mean we're gonna get it soon then? I hope so.

So far from watching that I have gained is, short-shifting is fixed.
Engine braking is now fixed, but 1st gear is shit and sometimes 2nd.
Braking is super super hard, and the acceleration is easier.
Cornering on pad is a lot better, and u can actly push the car to it's limits, and u can feel that limit!

Tomi1997 said:

Disappointed. Happy for everyone being happy but was expecting more of the '2017' content. To get nothing about F1 2017 as opposed to classic cars was disappointing 

This was a teaser trailer... to tease the game, not a trailer for the entire content of the game. :lol: I'm 100% we'll see much more content soon.

mantazzo said:

I'm pretty sure this announcement was mainly focused on announcing the game, release date and Classic Cars content (with a few mentions of other features). I'm pretty sure we'll get more in-depth announcements about some features (like Career Mode, or Multiplayer, or the new "Championships") later...

Yup. Not meant to inform. Just meant to build hype & prime the pre-order pump.

@Codemasters 

Can we have the 2004 and 2005 Ferrari instead? They were both faster cars than the F2002. Also, could we have the 2005 v10 Renault and 2005 v10 Mclaren Mercedes. Thanks!  :)