Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Make History in F1 2017

Recommended Posts

and most important handling... Track road feel, bumps, elevation changes, I will keep on bugging on this till they listen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naeemali007 said:


and most important handling... Track road feel, bumps, elevation changes, I will keep on bugging on this till they listen. 


No use they'll just close the thread or something annoying. Just waiting as patiently as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drew8711 said:

@Codemasters 

Can we have the 2004 and 2005 Ferrari instead? They were both faster cars than the F2002. Also, could we have the 2005 v10 Renault and 2005 v10 Mclaren Mercedes. Thanks!  :)


I think the F2002 was chosen as it was the most dominant of the early 00's Ferraris. Sure the F2004 was the faster but 2002 was just utter domination. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DRno3 said:



Drew8711 said:


@Codemasters 

Can we have the 2004 and 2005 Ferrari instead? They were both faster cars than the F2002. Also, could we have the 2005 v10 Renault and 2005 v10 Mclaren Mercedes. Thanks!  :)




I think the F2002 was chosen as it was the most dominant of the early 00's Ferraris. Sure the F2004 was the faster but 2002 was just utter domination. 


Im excited for it as i havnt driven the F2002 since the f1 2002 game xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Very pleased with what I've seen. 2013 made me very happywith the extra content, 2017 already made me happier with classic content of the greatest drivers ever. Sounds perfect and the sound is perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
this is great news. But im worried about the rest of the game more then ever. Also the lack of historic track info. Only alternate layouts to current tracks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This news is good.. but not amazing, also im worried what the rest of the game will be like.  (yes i know there is more info to come, but look at Codemasters record before 2016, not very good) Also the lack of historic tracks, only alternate layouts to current modern tracks. Not very appealing. Lets see what else comes in time. As of now. (personally for me) Not enough for me to pre order. And thats coming from someone who has pre ordered every title but 2015. And maybe now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm more hyped than I have ever been for an F1 game. Look forward to seeing what the other classics are. Hoping for the Brawn. 12 just doesn't seem like enough though, Didn't 2013 have 12? It would've been nice to have all of 2013's, with the addition of the new ones. Though it does seem like you've brought some over from 2013, like the Williams FW14B.

No mention of classic tracks though? Is there any particular reason for this? :( 

I'm hoping one of those alternate layouts are pre-2010 Silverstone and 90s Hockenheim.. :P Though Hockenheim isn't on the 2017 calendar because it's an alternate year, so... Unlikely. lol

Anyway, onto career mode now. Is anything going to be done about the practice programmes? I got bored of them like half way into my first season, can't even be bothered anymore. 

One thing I noticed is that Championship mode has been renamed to Championships (plural). I'm going to assume that we can do championships with the classic cars?

What would be cool is if we had fantasy liveries like Project CARS and Assetto Corsa do loosely based off real liveries for that season, and that way PC modders can customise them and we can have a full grid of the 1988 McLaren for example. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm calling on everyone to boycott this game if they don't include VR and I'm not joking! No VR, NO SALE! C'mon Codies you've had a full year to get this right, don't screw it up. VR is a HUGE demand for this year's game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sorry but I'll still buy it. IMO VR is a useless gimmick so that's not gonna be a make or break until it's a more mainstream and complete technology than the current experimental nature of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
^^ Have you tried it? Only people who haven't tried consider it a "gimmick"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

isamu99 said:

I'm calling on everyone to boycott this game if they don't include VR and I'm not joking! No VR, NO SALE! C'mon Codies you've had a full year to get this right, don't screw it up. VR is a HUGE demand for this year's game!

There is many other issues people wanted fixed first. Classics is the plus. There has been polls in the past conducted by members here. I suggest you take a look at them before you say such stupid things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good news I guess. I still wish they gave us a classic early 90's full season instead of random classic cars from different years. How is multiplayer going to play out with the classic cars? Will it be 20 cars with the exact same livery? Also, Tiametmarduk description of how the classic cars are incorporated into career mode sounds pretty far fetched, almost comical. I really hope CM doesn't go that route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

isamu99 said:

I'm calling on everyone to boycott this game if they don't include VR and I'm not joking! No VR, NO SALE! C'mon Codies you've had a full year to get this right, don't screw it up. VR is a HUGE demand for this year's game!


VR is a minority mate don't kid yourself 90 percent of people dont have VR. VR is waaaaaaay down on the list of demands for 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

isamu99 said:

I'm calling on everyone to boycott this game if they don't include VR and I'm not joking! No VR, NO SALE! C'mon Codies you've had a full year to get this right, don't screw it up. VR is a HUGE demand for this year's game!


Yea so I don't have nor am I interested in VR but I will boycott the game for somebody that does! Does that makes sense to you? No I thought not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is great news! But I was hoping for at least a couple of classic F1 tracks to race these legendary cars on as well. I'm hoping that will be in the "We’ve got plenty more news to share with you,"  bit! But yeah, I'm getting the game now because of  mention of  these classic cars! 

Is pre-ordering be available through Amazon in the future? 

Image result for amazed images


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

isamu99 said:

I'm calling on everyone to boycott this game if they don't include VR and I'm not joking! No VR, NO SALE! C'mon Codies you've had a full year to get this right, don't screw it up. VR is a HUGE demand for this year's game!


Because you want it everyone should boycot this game if you don't have it your way. C'mon. get real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I hope that we are able to drive on some old tacks. Because that is what I liked about the 2013 game. Racing in Imola or Estoril. Would be great to have 3 to 4 "old" tracks. Maybe Indianapolis, Imola or the Nürburgring? 

Edit: And I hope that there will be no DLCs, except of the pre-order bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i've read this whole topic now and im a little flabberguested............
1st of all, YES im excited about the game and the historic cars, BUT

And thats the thing what im missing in all of this, how is this exiting in the career?!
I want to play F1 17 as a career but not with (guessing) flashbacks to the past, i want to play a deep carreer in 2017 with all extra's en seasons after that.
Historic cars are awesome but next to the carreer and not IN it.....

Is nobody agreeing with me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

larryl said:

i've read this whole topic now and im a little flabberguested............
1st of all, YES im excited about the game and the historic cars, BUT

And thats the thing what im missing in all of this, how is this exiting in the career?!
I want to play F1 17 as a career but not with (guessing) flashbacks to the past, i want to play a deep carreer in 2017 with all extra's en seasons after that.
Historic cars are awesome but next to the carreer and not IN it.....

Is nobody agreeing with me?


The classics in career are just historic invitational events, I don't think you even have to do them if you don't want to. They're just a breath of fresh air between races if you choose to do so, grinding career mode races does get boring after a while so I think they'll make it work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JamesG said:



larryl said:


i've read this whole topic now and im a little flabberguested............
1st of all, YES im excited about the game and the historic cars, BUT

And thats the thing what im missing in all of this, how is this exiting in the career?!
I want to play F1 17 as a career but not with (guessing) flashbacks to the past, i want to play a deep carreer in 2017 with all extra's en seasons after that.
Historic cars are awesome but next to the carreer and not IN it.....

Is nobody agreeing with me?




The classics in career are just historic invitational events, I don't think you even have to do them if you don't want to. They're just a breath of fresh air between races if you choose to do so, grinding career mode races does get boring after a while so I think they'll make it work. 



Thats a good possibitily thanks, if you could skip it theres no problem at all indeed.
But if they make some kind of story mode in the carreer i dont know how to think about it.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

isamu99 said:

I'm calling on everyone to boycott this game if they don't include VR and I'm not joking! No VR, NO SALE! C'mon Codies you've had a full year to get this right, don't screw it up. VR is a HUGE demand for this year's game!

Riiiiiiiiiight. We'll boycott a game because you don't like that a small aspect isn't in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




isamu99 said:


I'm calling on everyone to boycott this game if they don't include VR and I'm not joking! No VR, NO SALE! C'mon Codies you've had a full year to get this right, don't screw it up. VR is a HUGE demand for this year's game!


Riiiiiiiiiight. We'll boycott a game because you don't like that a small aspect isn't in the game. 


yea, I just don´t care about VR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×