Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Make History in F1 2017

I must say its a nice plus to vr support, but no game braker for me. 

Its a rather harsh reaction but okay ;)

isamu99 said:

I'm calling on everyone to boycott this game if they don't include VR and I'm not joking! No VR, NO SALE! C'mon Codies you've had a full year to get this right, don't screw it up. VR is a HUGE demand for this year's game!

I would absolutely love for VR to be in F1! It would be an amazing experience I'm sure. But VR is very pricy and still in development, saying to boycott the game on a device that an average person couldn't afford to just throw money onto is a bit much isn't it?

I think there is little to no use to have  different years cars from the last 25-30 years.. To me,  and talked it out with a few other people, they said. " It would be better, to have one fix year and all the cars and drivers in that specific year, than this random 'iconic' thing... That 2002 Ferrari is as sure as hell to be the quickest, then what is the point playing  with the slower cars againts people, who will use the 2002 Ferrari, and be easily the quickest.....
Also, I am more interested in this 2017's cars and handling, etc.   Classic is a "nice bonus", but  the main thing is  as always, the current years cars, handling,  audio,  Damage model,  Fix Engine Number (4) with the Energy Recovering Systems and if you run out of them, penalty for the extra changes,  better multiplayer, etc.... 
Driving with All Assist Off  be equal or at least be closer for those, who are driving  with them. (F1 2013 was the perfect game in that aspect)... 
And the main thing..  F1 Drivers driving with WHEEL,  not keyboard, not Joystick so please...  Is there a question to this day which one should be the quickest?....

I hope we get a career like fifa17 where you can make your own choices en stuff like that
That woul be awsome!!

Ok great but I found classic tracks way more entertaining than classic cars. You could race a full grid of modern cars on the classic tracks too.

also... coop mode? Please!

isamu99 said:

I'm calling on everyone to boycott this game if they don't include VR and I'm not joking! No VR, NO SALE! C'mon Codies you've had a full year to get this right, don't screw it up. VR is a HUGE demand for this year's game!

Yes it would be cool en more immersive if VR was supported. However, boycott the game if you want to, Like some others already said: VR is in development.
In the meantime, I am going to race the living sh*t out of this game!
Well done Codies, keep up the good (developement) work upcoming months and release a hell of a game the 25th of August!

Looks fab.  2016 was a very solid game.  This franchise needs more gameplay elements though and more manual control in the pit lane and during the starting procedure would go a long way towards providing that.

Full manual pit lane control is a must, I don't need my hand to be held.

Did I mention that I'm disappointed at the August 25th release date, smack in the middle of the F1 summer break and just days away from the release of  Forza Motorsport 7. Again, why so late with the release date when you already have a code base from 2016?!

Did I mention that I'm disappointed at the August 25th release date, smack in the middle of the F1 summer break and just days away from the release of  Forza Motorsport 7. Again, why so late with the release date when you already have a code base from 2016?!

Because it takes time to make a game?!
Also they don't "upgrade" last years game...every game is made from scratch...

You're always disappointed with the release date. No need to mention it, mate.

Also, I didn't know you work for Microsoft? Last I checked we didn't have a release date on Forza 7.

You're always disappointed with the release date. No need to mention it, mate.

Also, I didn't know you work for Microsoft? Last I checked we didn't have a release date on Forza 7.

Glad im not the only one who thought this like seriously we normally have a september release anf your complaining that theyre giving it to us in august and in the middle of summer break is great means we dont get bloody bored after SPA

When you're disappointed then keep it for yourself. Nobody wants to know it. Have you ever made a F1 game? No, because you don't know how complicated it is, also Codemasters is not the biggest company! And it's 2017. Many regulations changed this year. Faster cars, more complicated cars and also many new features will be in the game! August is really early to be honest. Before F1 2015 it came always in October/Novemeber. I would just looking forward.

McLaren MP4/4 has had a manual Weismann-McLaren 6-Speed H-pattern transmission. It can be really good seen on this onboard video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFqsWWG1qE

Will we get a clutch and H-pattern shifters in F1-2017 as well? I hope so, makes no sense for me to drive a beast like the MP4/4 with paddles .... :'(

1) U dunno what they have implemented yet, could be massive.

2) Would u rather  mid October like they used to? So it's even closer to forza, forza coming ofc usually towards the end of September.

I think most of us are a bit dissapointed cause we didnt see a 2017 model, but they must build up the hype train!;) 

about the release date, i agree it seems late cause they announced the beta rather early this year, but just hoping its worth the wait! 
I rather have a good game with a smaller amount of bugs then an earlier release full of ...;)

I would have hoped for an earlier release date, but watching how F1 2015 turned up releasing in July I am perfectly fine with the 25th August...

I just hope that all the bugs from the last game don´t "come back" with the new one

JP072 said:

I think most of us are a bit dissapointed cause we didnt see a 2017 model, but they must build up the hype train!;) 

about the release date, i agree it seems late cause they announced the beta rather early this year, but just hoping its worth the wait! 
I rather have a good game with a smaller amount of bugs then an earlier release full of ...;)

I know exactly what you mean. Last year they started the beta in June (sign up was April/May) and this year the sign up started in February and still no beta now... Also I can fully understand that our patience is going to be empty very very soon. The hype is very very big. Bigger than ever!

isamu99 said:

Yeah, NO. Go play assetto corsa and get your facts right.

Sector4 said:

I wonder what the Championships mode is all about...

I'm probably gonna be miles off, but I get a feeling it's gonna use some incorporation of those classic cars, and then 2017 cars. I've had some more specific ideas but not gonna say them, cause ik i'm gonna be wrong.

McLaren MP4/4 has had a manual Weismann-McLaren 6-Speed H-pattern transmission. It can be really good seen on this onboard video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFqsWWG1qE

Will we get a clutch and H-pattern shifters in F1-2017 as well? I hope so, makes no sense for me to drive a beast like the MP4/4 with paddles .... :'(

Highly highly doubt it cars in 2013 had clutch and H pattern but we still had to paddle shift