Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Make History in F1 2017

Maybe a scenarios mode where it'll be title deciding moments of each of the classic cars? 

Sector4 said:

I wonder what the Championships mode is all about...

hopefully a revamped "online championship" mode for the league racers to actually use. Online Championship was a step in the right direction, but it had a lot of bugs and flaws, and really just scratched the surface of what some of the big leagues are capable of doing on their own. 

McLaren MP4/4 has had a manual Weismann-McLaren 6-Speed H-pattern transmission. It can be really good seen on this onboard video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFqsWWG1qE

Will we get a clutch and H-pattern shifters in F1-2017 as well? I hope so, makes no sense for me to drive a beast like the MP4/4 with paddles .... :'(

All they need is a clutch and the ability to map each gear individually. So I hope they do. 

Would be interesting to see if they animate the driver hands to shift gears. We'll see how fair their attention to detail goes.

Please CodeMasters, be sure that the Engineer knows how to handle ANY situation, including one if a player IGNORES PITTING...DURING A SAFETY CAR SITUATION! Watch and prevent THIS from happening in F1 2017..PLEASE! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqNoNwYsrTc   

I am expecting a DEVELOPER to respond! 

Codemasters F1 said:
 “After an extremely successful year with the highly acclaimed F1 2016, we are delighted to be announcing F1 2017 and re-introducing classic F1 cars back to the series” said Paul Jeal, Game Director here at Codemasters. “Classics were incredibly well received when we included them in F1 2013, and in F1 2017 they are back and better than ever. With so many great cars to choose from, it was hard to decide on the final twelve, but we are delighted with our selection of some of the most successful and iconic fan favourites from the past 30 years.”
I'm kind of glad classics are back, but I'd have preferred to know more effort was put into resolving known issues that you "didn't have time to address" before you had to start on the next game. When developers only focus on positives and fail to address any of the known issues they have ignored (Did they ever add a custom browser on XBL?) I find it hard to take them seriously. 
Seriously said:

When you're disappointed then keep it for yourself. Nobody wants to know it. Have you ever made a F1 game? No, because you don't know how complicated it is, also Codemasters is not the biggest company! And it's 2017. Many regulations changed this year. Faster cars, more complicated cars and also many new features will be in the game! August is really early to be honest. Before F1 2015 it came always in October/Novemeber. I would just looking forward.
Guy's just said he is kind of disappointed its coming so late in the year - his opinion shouldn't count and he should just shut up? You're giving them a pass before the game is even released because:
  •  They are not a Big Company.
  • Because 2017. Just Because.
  • Regulation Changes.
  • August is really early.
  • Some previous games were October/November
  • You have made F1 games.
  • You know how complicated they are to make.
Seriously, wise up.
nexus1011 said:
Also they don't "upgrade" last years game...every game is made from scratch...
Every game is from Scratch? You know the tracks and driver models mostly stay the same yeah? So are we on an upgraded version of the EGO engine this year?
Operator1 said:
Yup. Not meant to inform. Just meant to build hype & prime the pre-order pump.

For sure. There isn't really any news of substance regarding any updates or corrections for the game. Just "Free MP 4/4 for pre-orders" buy buy buy buy buy.
Some people are probably a little nervous about this game now. Adding classics could be perceived as a way to generate stupid amounts of hype and take people's minds away from those things in 2016 which they would have preferred to see fixed, corrected, abolished - whatever. It would be nice if prior to this announcement they had provided a list of things they were able to correct or improve. How many threads in technical assistance for '15 & '16 did we see where a Codemasters community or staff member said "we are aware of this but will not be patching with this years game" or "we have found the issue but its too deep in the code to be updated at this time"

Have those items been ironed out?

Anyways, hopefully you have a perfect game because I have forgotten what an F1 game even feels like.I'd like nothing more than to get back to league racing this year, but adding classic content makes me feel like we're going to be seeing the same issues as previous games.

Seriously said:

When you're disappointed then keep it for yourself. Nobody wants to know it. Have you ever made a F1 game? No, because you don't know how complicated it is, also Codemasters is not the biggest company! And it's 2017. Many regulations changed this year. Faster cars, more complicated cars and also many new features will be in the game! August is really early to be honest. Before F1 2015 it came always in October/Novemeber. I would just looking forward.
Guy's just said he is kind of disappointed its coming so late in the year - his opinion shouldn't count and he should just shut up? You're giving them a pass before the game is even released because:
  •  They are not a Big Company.
  • Because 2017. Just Because.
  • Regulation Changes.
  • August is really early.
  • Some previous games were October/November
  • You have made F1 games.
  • You know how complicated they are to make.
Seriously, wise up.

Lol, you should wise up! Who said they're not a big company? You. I said they're are not the biggest (in the world). Also the last 2 points are completly bullsh*t. F1 is complicated, maybe you just don't know it.

Seriously said: Lol, you should wise up! Who said they're not a big company? You. I said they're are not the biggest (in the world). Also the last 2 points are completly bullsh*t. F1 is complicated, maybe you just don't know it. 

The last two are recognized to be complete BS, yet you used them against the other guy, so...
He's disappointed, you're looking forward. Neither is wrong.

Don't the quotes get really annoying though, I hate how often I have to start over because it forces my text into the other persons quotebox :( 

judging by what happened last year, the way every question about VR is being ignored means they won't support it

i'll check back next year then i guess

It would be great to get one classic season, for example 1994. with all Cars and Tracks. 

I'm pretty sure that season had 13 teams that could actly race. So we know that one's out the window.

We need improvements in online championship:
- Possibility to change the host
- Possibility to put warnings
- Possibility to change the grid positions
- Subtract points from a pilot
Sadly, in our league (Torneo Nocturno from Spain) we use to create custom lobbies in order to a Championship for our races.

And for me I prefer Gp2 or F3 in order to F1 classic contents which is not complete.

Finally I would like to see VR in F1 2017

So I have some good news for some of you. According to someone in RyanL83's discord the beta codes will go out on Tuesday. have no clue where he got this info and i'm not even 100% sure if he's on about f1 2017 lmfao. But meh

haydn23 said:

So I have some good news for some of you. According to someone in RyanL83's discord the beta codes will go out on Tuesday. have no clue where he got this info and i'm not even 100% sure if he's on about f1 2017 lmfao. But meh

Seems to be very interesting, but I don't really believe in this. Even though it would be awesome if this is right.

yeah jenny said on twitter that they would be out on tuesday

Awesome :) Thanks. I feel so blind now, because I follow her and missed it lol

I hope the beta has the 2017 model( i dont mean handling model But the shape of the cars) I understand that the beta for 2016 had the 2015 model But this Year the cars look too different from last year

Well, my guess was kinda correct - I was expecting it to be next week, since last year it was the same after announcing (I was making notes testing everyday, I still have them...) Looking forward!

Seriously said:

yeah jenny said on twitter that they would be out on tuesday

Awesome :) Thanks. I feel so blind now, because I follow her and missed it lol

so did i but i was shown it. I think was in response to someone so thats maybe why

The biggest question for me about the 2017 game is, will the online multiplayer continue to be player to player connection or will it be dedicated servers that many have been asking for a few years now?

so you take the Classic Cars out after we have paid for them. Now you're making out like you're doing everyone a favour by putting them back in. What a rip-off. 

I hope the beta has the 2017 model( i dont mean handling model But the shape of the cars) I understand that the beta for 2016 had the 2015 model But this Year the cars look too different from last year

Tbh I'll be worried if theres anything 2016 even in the beta this late in the game they shouldhave 2017 models done by now and any further visual updates are on launch updates or within the firat few weeks and if beta is driving 2016 handling model then theres literally no point it would be 2016 with a new skin theres nothing new

Really hope to see car handling improvements, wish I could feel the track bumps like Assetto Corsa. All tracks in F1 2016 are flat! Also CM has to bring a new car engine sound. Sound never seemed real in all F1 games from CM

ffigueir said:

Really hope to see car handling improvements, wish I could feel the track bumps like Assetto Corsa. All tracks in F1 2016 are flat! Also CM has to bring a new car engine sound. Sound never seemed real in all F1 games from CM

I have been contacting Dan gurney and he says that they have worked on the sounds a lot.  All the you tubers have said that the tracks have character now

ckevinc1 said:

so you take the Classic Cars out after we have paid for them. Now you're making out like you're doing everyone a favour by putting them back in. What a rip-off. 

They did the exact same thing with the career mode last year. Lol.