Sign in to follow this  

Liveries for DLC Cars?

I was thinking of getting the DLC car packs but I was put off from getting it as the cars from the DLCs does not even have one livery other than the stock factory paint. There is not Kicker, Ravenwest or any other fictional liveries for these cars. To be honest, this feels very unpolished and pretty unfair for people who bought these DLCs for single player.

I am just wondering, would it be possible to have liveries patched in for these cars? As having stock factory colours in offline single player cups does break the immersion. I would appreciate of Codemaster could patch one liveries into each car in both of the DLC packs. I wont mind if all of them are just Ravenwest liveries.

At this time there's nothing planned. I've asked the question for you and will keep you posted but don't think it's likely to happen at this time.

The cars in the mini-expansions are a bit different, they do come with liveries.

Loore said:
At this time there's nothing planned. I've asked the question for you and will keep you posted but don't think it's likely to happen at this time.

The cars in the mini-expansions are a bit different, they do come with liveries.

Thanks, Loore. Appreciate your prompt reply but wont it be fairly easy for Codemaster to quickly create a Ravenwest livery for each car in the DLC car packs?

It felt pretty odd to drive a stock factory color car among the other cars that has different team liveries that gives an unpolished feeling to these car packs for single player cup racers. Or at least allow the modders to make their own liveries for the DLC cars.

I am put off by the lack of livery for these cars in SP since I dont play MP much and driving a plain car among properly livery cars feels odd. From what I know, the Mclaren F1 GTR came with 1 livery but last I checked all the other cars doesnt have any livery on it. I find it rather odd that the BMW Z4 GT3 is released without its factory livery as seen on Steam store page. 

I hope Codemaster will add 1 livery for these road cars or release a template out for the community to make one. I'm going to assume the Nissan GTR R35 wont have any livery due to license restriction like back in GRID 2 but I hope the others could have at least one livery to make it look like it is part of the game. 

Its about the only thing I didnt like about Forza 4. Racing against liveried cars in a stock road car with full interior. Mind you, the mirrors worked back then.

Making a skin for a 3D model doesn't take two minutes, so it would take some time to make them. Even if some teams' liveries are pretty simple (Ravenwest, Intel) some others (Monster, mostly) take a lot more time.

Oscar97 said:

Making a skin for a 3D model doesn't take two minutes, so it would take some time to make them. Even if some teams' liveries are pretty simple (Ravenwest, Intel) some others (Monster, mostly) take a lot more time.

They should have the template for these cars as most of them are existing assets from other games while there are numerous teams like Intel, Ravenwest or Kicker that are fairly easy to make. It doesnt take 2 minutes but it isnt a major undertaking like adding working virtual mirrors.

This should be done easily in a team like Codemaster. I do contribute liveries to Project CARS. Even as a beginner in texturing liveries for cars, it isnt a horribly difficult thing like modelling a 3D model. A professional should be easily skin a few cars easily, especially if its skinned to Ravenwest cars which I prefer that than having stock factory colors.

It is all about polish with these DLC as these car's quality are inconsistent with the quality of other cars. If other cars that comes with the game have the option to choose between stock factory colours or fictional team liveries, these DLC cars should offer the same options which is why I raised this issue. Even the Black Edition SLS has both options so why cant these content from the 2 car packs doesnt have any?

C'mon honestly is it really a big deal ?

Why is it not a big deal? I play a lot of custom cup single player and I dislike driving stock factory cars when everyone else around me has liveries. The content feels unpolished. If I am going to pay for this content, is it wrong to expect it to be polished?

I made a similar thread not too long ago. While I would be pleased with said liveries, obviously there are more pressing matters at hand,  like ooh I don't know, maybe that I can't even drive these cars because my save is corrupted. Appalling that this critcal issue STILL hasn't been rectified.  

no but it's a livery .

Just because it means nothing to you doesnt mean that it is nothing for other people.

I dont give a crap about multiplayer but I did not want Codemaster to stop working on it cause there are people who enjoys it.