Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiplayer Modes?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a full confirmed list of multiplayer modes?

Except rally cross and land rush, will it feature real time rally stage multiplayer like in Dirt 3 with cars on the same rally stage, or is it just boring leader boards like Dirt Rally?

Thanks

Not a loaded question at all there...

The answer is "somewhere in between".

There will be real time rally stages, I believe, and I'm really looking forward to that. You won't see the other cars on stage though, but will compete against their live splits and times.

Personally I'm a fan of this approach. Cars setting off at 15 second intervals or whatever D3 had isn't for me.

There will be real time rally stages, I believe, and I'm really looking forward to that. You won't see the other cars on stage though, but will compete against their live splits and times.

Personally I'm a fan of this approach. Cars setting off at 15 second intervals or whatever D3 had isn't for me.

I kinda hope it is 15 second intervals, or it could be an adjustable feature. It would make for a more realistic way to read the splits while you drive. But it depends on how they do splits. If everybody starts at the same time it would be more demotivating if the times get's displayed as your competitors pass the split. It would be better if you get the times of everybody after you pass the split yourself. But again we need to see it in action first to judge that.  

Maybe I wasn't that clear, but what I meant is that you would know that you're already behind before you hit the split because somebody else reached it before you. It would be better to know that you're behind after you hit the split.

I imagine that you will get updates as you pass the split, which is how it works in real life, or used to in the wrc anyway. I will probably turn them off as I have done in dirt rally as I find them distracting 

I imagine that you will get updates as you pass the split, which is how it works in real life, or used to in the wrc anyway. I will probably turn them off as I have done in dirt rally as I find them distracting 

You and me both - I improved at DR so much by turning off the HUD.

I kinda hope it is 15 second intervals, or it could be an adjustable feature. It would make for a more realistic way to read the splits while you drive. But it depends on how they do splits. If everybody starts at the same time it would be more demotivating if the times get's displayed as your competitors pass the split. It would be better if you get the times of everybody after you pass the split yourself. But again we need to see it in action first to judge that.  

Imagine a 10 car lobby, the last guy would have to wait 2 and a half minutes. 

1) All single player modes will be available for online mode?
2) How many players will have in a lobby?
3)How many players per mode online? (rally , RX , land rush etc)
4)Text chat is possible for PC version?
5) Will be playlist or just custom lobbies (i would prefer not to be playlist , just custom)

3)How many players per mode online? (rally , RX , land rush etc)

I think for landrush it was said to be 8, don't know about the rest of them

I asked most of these questions a while back and got official answers surpassing my expectations:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/256826/#Comment_256826