Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YourStage lengths

Hi community,

I was wondering to what kind of stages everyone is looking forward to creating/rallying. I am not the kind of person who likes 15 minutes stages. I like them rather short. Feel free to express.

I'm interested to see how those high speed stages is going to be. One of my favorite stages in a rally game was a highspeed stage in the first DiRT So i wanna see if I can replicate the same scary feeling of going flat out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiDl47mSxUs&index=57

Keep it long and complex, we aint no mincy circuit-racers :p 

I'll enjoy all sorts. But mainly long and max complexity.

When they say 'complexity' I know it includes a lot of different factors, but I find corners after long straights when I'm at top speed far trickier than a never ending series of corners. Wondering which of these approaches 'complexity' takes.

When they say 'complexity' I know it includes a lot of different factors, but I find corners after long straights when I'm at top speed far trickier than a never ending series of corners. Wondering which of these approaches 'complexity' takes.

I remember it includes factors like stage width. Especially in something like michigan it shall apparently not make a lot more corners, but instead create very fast, very narrow sections which makes it more difficult than wide width michigan.

I hope complexity isn't equal to twitchyness but rather to difficulty of being fast on that stage. The less room for error there is, the more fun I tend to find it.

Short tracks with medium complexity is what I will be using mostly for my offline play sessions.  To take a few snaps I could use all kinds of settings. In Dirt Rally I played (exception Pikes Peak) mostly the short tracks which suit my time I can play. 

I could see myself adjusting opinion after actually creating and playing those stages. I imagine it could very well depend the location I am at.

Just give me El Chocolate.

or a procedurally generated equivalent, in any location :) 

I'm worried I'm going to spend more time messing with the stage generation than actually playing the game. I want to see all the combinations!

There's plenty of those in Michigan and Sweden! Flat out 100mph+ into a flat 6right and then acute hairpin left :D

BadD0g said:

I'm worried I'm going to spend more time messing with the stage generation than actually playing the game. I want to see all the combinations!

Same. And messing with liveries. And messing with cinematic slo-mo replays. And messing with set-ups. And hunting the Classifieds...

There's plenty of those in Michigan and Sweden! Flat out 100mph+ into a flat 6right and then acute hairpin left :D

Sounds like fun, as long as Nicky calls it nice & early! lol

KevM said:

Sounds like fun, as long as Nicky calls it nice & early! lol

Depends on your settings! That's why I was there in February anyway, had many late calls at that speed lol

If you like short stages, you shouldn't care if Your Stage is capable of making long ones since that won't affect your short stages ;)

I'll probably enjoy the long super complex stages the most but honestly I'm probably gonna enjoy them all as long as the pace notes work right.

I'm wondering about the point of this poll and who cares about OP preferences. Really.

MaXyMsrpl said:

I'm wondering about the point of this poll and who cares about OP preferences. Really.

Maybe people want to have a light-hearted chat before the game is released? You know, for fun. You should try it sometime, it's nice.

MaXyMsrpl said:

Well you see, this is what you call a forum. Now this is really going to blow your mind but people talk to other people and have discussions on forums. I know crazy concept am I right?

MaXyMsrpl said:

Makes me wonder that when you don't even care, you took your time to read and even post in this thread.

Yes, I simply created this poll because it is the Dirt forum where all kinds of motoring enthusiast gather. I am simply interested in what makes the game/YourStage attractive to other players. @KickUp mentioned a few time in the gossip thread that D4 give the player a lot of choice so I think as well that with all those choices it is nice to see what ticks everyones boxes. I am sure that Codemasters will / can gather those stats in the background once the game is out and it would be really interesting to see what most will be playing about 6 months ahead.

Scyy said:

MaXyMsrpl said:

Well you see, this is what you call a forum. Now this is really going to blow your mind but people talk to other people and have discussions on forums. I know crazy concept am I right?

Indeed. All he wants is to bitch about things. I don't think I've seen a single positive post from this person.

MaXyMsrpl said:

I'm wondering about the point of your comment in this poll.
Who cares about your opinion, it's just like your opinion you know?

BadD0g said:

MaXyMsrpl said:

Maybe people want to have a light-hearted chat before the game is released? You know, for fun. You should try it sometime, it's nice.

I give you all a clue: a forum is not a chat.
Forum is kinda knowledge base. place to ask meaning full questions, discus it, store set of valuable answers. This way any other user who wants to get access to information doesn't need to maneuver through the thickets of trash.
Want to chat? seriously I suggest to go outside, make some friends and chat.