DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[Dirt4] Please add VR support from Day 1

I've been playing Dirt Rally for some time on a regular monitor and always liked the game, but recently got myself a Rift CV1 and oh boy....it's incomparable to the monitor.
It makes you feel like you're really in a car. You can see the road better, hit apexes better, when drifting you can sense where the road limits are better....it's just so good I'm never playing it on monitor again.
The rush it gives you while playing is as if you're in a real car. I was properly sweating when I played in the Rift for the first time.

Now, I know VR users are still a "niche" audience, but it's growing big time and some of us already have the headsets.

So, if there's any chance that you give us VR support from Day 1...that would be...we'd be very grateful :blush:
I'm buying Dirt 4 for sure, but I won't play it until the VR support is in, that's how much I like it in VR, not willing to spoil the experience with 2D anymore  B)

Thanks for listening

They've already said it won't be day 1 but I don't doubt that we will see VR support in the future, hopefully soon as I agree that in the Rift, the immersion is just incredible

The game has already gone gold, meaning the disks are being printed and the code is locked. They cant really just add it in now, takes some development time too and I guess they wanna use that to make a solid day1 patch.

i think it will definitely happen when who knows.i know quite a few who played dirt rally in VR and rate it as one of the best games to use VR. so while it is a little niche still it is worth the effort for later titles to get in early now . so maybe the next game it is in for launch.

Etirion said:

The game has already gone gold, meaning the disks are being printed and the code is locked. They cant really just add it in now, takes some development time too and I guess they wanna use that to make a solid day1 patch.

:(
Ok then, I guess I'll wait...

VR support never came in F1 2016 and there nothing mentioned about for Dirt 4 or F1 2017. 

I hope codemasters are sensible enough to add VR support.  Even though if it's a high priced DLC add-on, i will buy it, But without VR support, i will not be buying any codemaster game. 

Once you go VR, you simply just can't go back to racing on simple 2d screens.  (no mather how big they are or how good the game is)