Sign in to follow this  

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

edgenz said:

For you @thecraicbear

I guess you've been faster :P 

versedi said:                                                      
I guess you've been faster :P 
Haha I did this a week or so after launch - couldn't help myself :P you should definitely create your own variant though - the more ways we can replace it the merrier haha

i had asked here suggestion about patters because i am already working on a pack of realistic patters, but it will take some time because its the same as doing 440 simple liveries at once because its 8 patters for 55 cars 8*55=440, i still have som "slots" of undecided patters so put your suggestions if i think its doable and fits i will add it to the pack, also i could change the colors of the wheels of the cars but they cannot be changed by the branding suite so i will leave them stock to be more neutral, there is also a possibility to change the menu files to show the new patters when going to the menus

i had asked here suggestion about patters because i am already working on a pack of realistic patters, but it will take some time because its the same as doing 440 simple liveries at once because its 8 patters for 55 cars 8*55=440, i still have som "slots" of undecided patters so put your suggestions if i think its doable and fits i will add it to the pack, also i could change the colors of the wheels of the cars but they cannot be changed by the branding suite so i will leave them stock to be more neutral, there is also a possibility to change the menu files to show the new patters when going to the menus
Tell us which slots are free, I mean which cars, and I put my suggestions here...!

as promised here are some of the wireframes, i know most of you guys don't really care about some of these cars but these are the ones i had handy, i need to get to work on converting my liveries and learning to make proper spec maps (the name of the cars are on the filenames) i will post more as i have them

LutzM said:
Tell us which slots are free, I mean which cars, and I put my suggestions here...!
is not which cars, is 8 slots total 8 patters, i want suggestion of simple famous paint schemes like martini, falken tire ...
keeping in mind they would have to be 4 colors at maximum, and possibly look cool in different colors beside the original ones, i was looking to do 4 classic e 4 modern for now i have, martini that's definitive and gulf alitalia rothmans marlboro as other posibilities for classic and for modern falken tire redbull and repsol as definitive

also i could change the colors of the wheels of the cars but they cannot be changed by the branding suite so i will leave them stock to be more neutral
Just get rid of those horrid goldies and we'll be good :D 

Didzis said:
also i could change the colors of the wheels of the cars but they cannot be changed by the branding suite so i will leave them stock to be more neutral
Just get rid of those horrid goldies and we'll be good :D 
i might make the gold wheels white then to go along with all the other cars

is not which cars, is 8 slots total 8 patters, i want suggestion of simple famous paint schemes like martini, falken tire ...
keeping in mind they would have to be 4 colors at maximum, and possibly look cool in different colors beside the original ones, i was looking to do 4 classic e 4 modern for now i have, martini that's definitive and gulf alitalia rothmans marlboro as other posibilities for classic and for modern falken tire redbull and repsol as definitive
I would love to see something like this.
A stealthy modern look.
And I would very much appreciate black/dark grey rims. They fit anything.

Some suggestions:
Advan

Renown

BMW M (maybe not this exact one, but they usually involve 3 stripes, often diagonally over the body)

Marlboro (there pretty much are just 4 big regions)

white wheels fit anything too, i will most likely do white because most of the cars already have white wheels i would have to do just some of them, because i already have to make 440 liveries in total

white wheels fit anything too, i will most likely do white because most of the cars already have white wheels i would have to do just some of them, because i already have to make 440 liveries in total
I have to disagree on this one. Dark rims fit dark/black liveries as well as white ones. But white rims look quite off on black/dark liveries.

Anyway, I guess I will change the rims myself, once the tool is out.

I have to disagree on this one. Dark rims fit dark/black liveries as well as white ones. But white rims look quite off on black/dark liveries.

Anyway, I guess I will change the rims myself, once the tool is out.
sure but the problem is what i want to do will already be a lot of work and will have to be split in parts to be uploaded to racedepartment and changing the colors of every wheel on every car would make it even bigger because is 4 textures for every car so it would be 4*55 which is another 220 textures, and 220 pssgs to upload making it even larger, i might do some wheels colors pack at a later point where they would be separate downloads but for now i already have a lot to do with the patterns

A good camo pattern would be good to have.  

Splinter camo is good a versatile too.

Red Bull Dazzle:

Really any of the test liveries that have been used over the past several seasons (mostly black/white) would be good, you can split the patterns into color groups (like the RB one there are 4 distinct patterns that can be separated into different colors).  

They are all random enough that they wouldn't need much play to fit every car (maybe) 

gfRally said:

Where is this Subaru from (the picture)?  I never saw a render of the SRTUSA car before.
Found it on google.
It's probably from here:
http://abstraxi.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/3Subaru-Rally-Team-USA-from-Vermont-SportsCar.jpg

gfRally said:

Where is this Subaru from (the picture)?  I never saw a render of the SRTUSA car before.
Found it on google.
It's probably from here:
http://abstraxi.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/3Subaru-Rally-Team-USA-from-Vermont-SportsCar.jpg

This was not some random render, Look here: 

http://abstraxi.com/portfolio/

They are pretty serious

I like the idea of the BMW M Stripes pattern suggested by @Didzis because, with a 4 stripes pattern, this can be used to do Opel, BMW, Audi and Peugeot ( i might be forgetting some other Manufacteurs ) " Official " Livery colors.

I do strongly put a +1 to the David Higgins Subaru Pattern:

Still not sure though, if the 2017 or 2016 would be better... maybe the sides more 2017 and the front more 2016 if it looks good together....

Any news/breakthroughs?

Anyone willing to share the beta DiRT4 tool with me so i can create and test some liveries and mods in advance until the tool is officially released ? Thanks in advance.