Sign in to follow this  

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

gfRally said:
Any news/breakthroughs?

Nefs editor is already released and also PSSG editor supports DiRT4 now (see page 12 of this topic). You can edit most of all vehicle textures if you only have paint tool what BC7-format supports. But it exposed only for Ryder25's Discord server members now because the nefs editor is still in alpha and not obtained auther's permission to re-upload other communities yet. Anyway if you go Discord server and you'll get the tools, but it's for people with some modding skills.

keep in mind that the current version of the pssg editor does not have support for sRGB for BC5 and BC7 DDSs, i will explain why sRGB matters on a guide im going to write

https://github.com/victorbush/ego.nefsedit/releases

NeFS editor binaries and source in link above. Not much is supported; see readme for general idea. Lots of development left to do. Play around as much as you'd like - it's basically experiment at your own risk right now. Let me just reiterate again: this is far from production ready software. Have fun :)

NeFS editor binaries and source in link above. Not much is supported; see readme for general idea. Lots of development left to do. Play around as much as you'd like - it's basically experiment at your own risk right now. Let me just reiterate again: this is far from production ready software. Have fun :)
You're the man @GeneralNoCents. Thanks so much again for your work. You've breathed life into the community  <3

Isn't that Hyundai livery already in the game?
Yes but luck of rally plates, driver name and some sponsors sticker.
In-game livery is concept design before the seasons starts.

Eeee, it's working! TNX!!!
My first test

Thanks to all involved!
Rallygamer has everything uploaded:
http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/tools/texture-design-tools.php

Thanks to all involved!
Rallygamer has everything uploaded:
http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/tools/texture-design-tools.php

Tnx, but NeFS Edit versoin in you site pls!

hey does anyone from codemasters would like to share, or someone else know, what maps are the 3 RGB color channels on the main_s  textures, maybe @urgaffel knows? if they are specular maps or metallic maps or something else

hey does anyone from codemasters would like to share, or someone else know, what maps are the 3 RGB color channels on the main_s  textures, maybe @urgaffel knows? if they are specular maps or metallic maps or something else
I think they are object space normal maps (or tangent, world). The s in main_s stands for space. I think they are used to create illusion of bump in video games. Bump maps create the illusion of depth on the surface of a model using a very simple lighting trick. But then again i could be wrong.

So, I want to change rim color.
PSSG is showing me dxt1_sRGB setting for that file.
How do I have to save this one with photoshop?
I have DDS and intel plugin installed. But I can only save as DDS. But DDS is not offering me any sRGB.
The intel plugin readme doesn't really help, as it says
"2. Select **Intel&reg; Texture Works (\*.DDS;\*.DDS)** as type (to the right of "File name" field)"
I don't see any intel&reg option.

How do we save files using the intel plugin anyway and when do we have to use it?

Is it normal for the NEFS compression to take 20 minutes?
So, I want to change rim color.
PSSG is showing me dxt1_sRGB setting for that file.
How do I have to save this one with photoshop?
I have DDS and intel plugin installed. But I can only save as DDS. But DDS is not offering me any sRGB.
The intel plugin readme doesn't really help, as it says
"2. Select **Intel&reg; Texture Works (\*.DDS;\*.DDS)** as type (to the right of "File name" field)"
I don't see any intel&reg option.

How do we save files using the intel plugin anyway and when do we have to use it?

I haven't tried the Intel plugin, but the Nvidia DDS plugin gives you an options page when you save the file. One thing I noticed is that when I save the file, it saves it as a DXT1 instead of DXT1_sRGB (well, DXT1 for the main skin, DXT5 for the rest of them, but that's not the point). In the Nvidia plugin, when I save it, it says DXT1_ARGB (I'm pretty sure the A stands for Alpha), in the PSSG editor it shows up as just DXT1. But the thing is that it wasn't really a problem in DiRT Rally, and doesn't really seem to be a problem here, because I was able to get the livery in the game even without the sRGB. I think the DXT1 or DXT5 is still important though. You should try that Nvidia plugin (and you don't need nvidia hardware, it's just made by nvidia)

I know, DDS has lots of options to save. But as you pointed out, no sRGB.

So, I just tried saving it with DXT1 no alpha. And it seems like sRGB is missing.
The whole texture is way too bright and pale.
I guess sRGB is related to the new intel plugin?

What do I have to do?

im already writing the texture guide that has info on
-basic maps
-which maps dirt 4 uses
-how to make better spec maps
-you want to make bumpy stuff
-how to save maps
after that i will finish converting my D:R liveries to D4(will include read-me teaching to install them with the nefs edit tool), then will finish my two new liveries, Hoonigan Racing Division 2017 (bakkerud and block 2017 skins) and the Hyundai 2016 liveries for the i20 R5, then will start on the big project of making 8 new patterns for all the 55 cars of the game

Ok, I got it working.
Had to switch to my gaming-pc to get the intel plugin to work.
Seems like my work station is missing a sufficient grahics card.

Saving the DDS as BC1 sRGB  DX10+ didn't work, PSSG could not import the file.
Saving it as BC7 Fast sRGB DX11+ worked.

@YorAlcoholicDad does that mean u won't be making Loeb's 208 R5 or maybe after the pattern project?

sqdstr said:
@YorAlcoholicDad does that mean u won't be making Loeb's 208 R5 or maybe after the pattern project?
i still don't know if i will make that livery all i could find as reference for that was some rendering of a prototype livery, nothing with enough detail to make it the way i usually do

sqdstr said:
I did the one of loeb;), I made the neuville i20 R5 also, but it must be converted