Sign in to follow this  

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

So are you guys able to ADD skins or just over write existing ones?  Doesn't really matter either way since you can now see what skin you are actually picking instead of waiting for stage to load.

gfRally said:
So are you guys able to ADD skins or just over write existing ones?  Doesn't really matter either way since you can now see what skin you are actually picking instead of waiting for stage to load.
basically the same thing as previous Dirt games just replacing existing ones

here is my guide on making better liveries on DiRT4
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4dyoraln81fusw7/The+%E2%80%9CMake+better+liveries+for+DiRT4%E2%80%9D+guide+by+UDegani.pdf
includes information on:
how maps works
how to edit the spec maps
what each map does on DiRT4
what sRGB means and when to use it
how to save your textures

Hey guys, Im wondering if the recent progress that has been made with the liveries in Dirt 4 also mean that things like the camera files can now also be successfully edited and put back into the game?

I want to be able to use @zissakos1 brilliant camera mod tool (for Dirt Rally) to edit the camera.xml files in Dirt 4.

Is this going to be possible?

@Rygar86 give it a try, i think it is possible because we can extract all files, all the tools can be found here http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/tools/texture-design-tools.php

All the files?
I had a look at the camera files in the 5GB game nefs. Names of these camera files are all very promising, but there is very little actualy in it.
I am also looking for files that determine the amount of sponsors as well as the placement and size. But I couldn't find anything.

I guess a good amount of files is still hidden in dat files.

@RallyGamer any chance maybe for a Freddy Loix Ypres Rally 1999 livery ?

@weamdreaver about those sponsor placements (i assume you mean the track sponsors), i looked for them since dirt2 and never found one that we can access, i always wanted to edit it in that way so we have specific sponsors per rally so we can create a true australian rally with matching sponsors that do not show up elsewhere. I think that part is protected by Codemasters. 

/edit, i guess you mean the car sponsors ;-)

No, I am talking about the sponsors in the branding suite.
Apart from that fact that sponsors are way to scarcely placed on pretty much all cars (some are really worse, like Fiesta R5), I would like to look into the position and size of each placement and probably change it.
And it would be great, if we were able to add placements of available sponsors in common spots (like above doors etc.)

i did found files that most likely define the placement of the sponsors in the patters on the branding suite but they are encrypted, inside one of the cars nefs on the decalslayout, there are 2 sets of lde files for each patter i think these are the ones

You're right, I just saw those files too.

Anyway, I will have a workaround. I am going to edit template 6 (getting rid of that front fender paint part, which always looks like someone didn't knew where to place some color... ;)) and some other improvements. Plus, I am going to change it into a three color livery, using the forth color as a fixed brands layer. This way I can place some additional brands into common spots, making the livery much more alive and realistic.

I hope someone will go over the existing historical liveries in the game and improve them where needed, add missing sponsors etc (with 4k textures!)

Alright yes! Just tested this Focus WRC '07 skin and it works, D4 suddenly just got a whole lot more interesting again :)

Btw @YorAlcoholicDad , just a question but no 8K versions of your skins like in DR ?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4dyoraln81fusw7/The+%E2%80%9CMake+better+liveries+for+DiRT4%E2%80%9D+guide+by+UDegani.pdf
includes information on:
how maps works
It says in your guide that we should save car_wheel_d files in "BC1 4bpp (sRGB DX10+)".
But when I try to import that file into PSSG it says
"Could no import texture
The dds has an invalid or unsupported format type"

Saving the file as BC7 8bpp Fine sRGB DX11+ works.

Just tried to edit some tyre tread files (only visuals) located in the big "game.nefs" file.
After saving the file, its size went from original 5021 MB to something like 42xx MB.
Game didn't start.
Luckily I have a backup of the game.nefs.
Saving car nefs seems to work though.

sqdstr said:
Alright yes! Just tested this Focus WRC '07 skin and it works, D4 suddenly just got a whole lot more interesting again :)

Btw @YorAlcoholicDad , just a question but no 8K versions of your skins like in DR ?
the nefs edit tool is still in development, it does not work with 8k textures yet if it works at some point i will update it with 8k textures

includes information on:
how maps works
It says in your guide that we should save car_wheel_d files in "BC1 4bpp (sRGB DX10+)".
But when I try to import that file into PSSG it says
"Could no import texture
The dds has an invalid or unsupported format type"

Saving the file as BC7 8bpp Fine sRGB DX11+ works.

use the latest version of the EPE(Ego PSSG Editor)

Just tried to edit some tyre tread files (only visuals) located in the big "game.nefs" file.
After saving the file, its size went from original 5021 MB to something like 42xx MB.
Game didn't start.
Luckily I have a backup of the game.nefs.
Saving car nefs seems to work though.
the nefs edit tool is still in development, it does not work with the game.nefs yet