Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

@Rygar86 give it a try, i think it is possible because we can extract all files, all the tools can be found here http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/tools/texture-design-tools.php
Thanks for the link @RallyGamer

All the files?
I had a look at the camera files in the 5GB game nefs. Names of these camera files are all very promising, but there is very little actualy in it.
I am also looking for files that determine the amount of sponsors as well as the placement and size. But I couldn't find anything.

I guess a good amount of files is still hidden in dat files.
When you say very little, what exactly do you mean? Is there any paramaters (numbers) that can be changed? From memory the Dirt Rally camera files had about a page of data for each car/  camera.xml file. Is there a camera file for each car in Dirt 4 too?

The camera files I locked into had only a few lines of code.
It looked nothing like the cam files in DR, afair.
They are located in the big game.nefs, which we can not properly repack ATM anyway.
Just download the nefs tool and take a look for yourself, maybe you will find the big ones.

I have three questions
First, the NeFS Edit tool opens a large file(game.nefs:Over 4 Gb), but does not extract all the files
Second, the file can not be applied to the archive after the injection, and it crash
Third, you can extract files from a large file and then edit it and play it in the main folder
Contract? If this is possible, what will it be (the list of extracted files from the large file and their placement in the game folder)
Thank you

sqdstr said:
@arnorallye84 when are you releasing your 306 & 208 skins please?
I have problem of reflection, next week I think, it's work to convert everything :)

gfRally said:
Are the vans/trailers skinable?  More curious than a need.
Do you mean the stadium trucks or the roadside vehicles? Yes to both. 
Sorry, I meant your van you see in service area.

gfRally said:
gfRally said:
Are the vans/trailers skinable?  More curious than a need.
Do you mean the stadium trucks or the roadside vehicles? Yes to both. 
Sorry, I meant your van you see in service area.
i think the branding suite is on one of the locations, if im not wrong on the dirt fish rally school (usa_twin_peaks.nefs)(root\tracks\locations\usa\twin_peaks\route_2\branding) then each location has its own service area that looks to be on a nefs inside each location nefs

Hey guys, i made manuals on how to extract and install liveries for DiRT4 using the NeFS Edit Tool.

You can find the manuals and more over here: 
http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/tools/texture-design-tools.php.

This weekend i will release my first two liveries so check my website out so now and then :-)

Hey guys, i made manuals on how to extract and install liveries for DiRT4 using the NeFS Edit Tool.

You can find the manuals and more over here: 
http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/tools/texture-design-tools.php.

This weekend i will release my first two liveries so check my website out so now and then :-)
That seems pretty straight forward, actually easier than previous DiRT games.  

sqdstr said:
@RallyGamer any chance maybe for a Freddy Loix Ypres Rally 1999 livery ?

Yes ! :)
I work on liveries since we can extract pssg files and I announce you that the Loix/Smeets's car is made (with "Freddy" on the car) . Same for Makinen/Mannisenmaki :)
Some small adjustement (reflections) and this will be available on RaceDepartment :)

Ford Focus RS RX Hoonigan Racing Division Death Spray 2017
Redone from scratch in 4k
Do not redistribute any of the textures without proper credits
DOWNLOAD
IMG
IMG

Hey rallyfans, my first two custom made liveries for the game DiRT4 !!

You can download the custom liveries here:

http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/liveries/page1.php

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI - Tommi Makinen - Rally Australia 1999

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI - Freddy Loix - Rally Australia 1999

The problem with modded nefs-files for cars is, that when you use such a car for a community event your times won't be uploaded to the leaderboards!!!!!
Did the weekly Group B challenge with the edited Audi Quattro yesterday and my times weren't uploaded.
I started the monthly challenge and chose the Renault R5, did the first stage with the original nefs-file and everything was ok, my time was uploaded to the leaderboard. Then I quit the game, changed the r5t.nefs and started the game to continue with stage 2. My time wasn't put on the leaderboard. So I quit the game again, changed the nefs back to the original and started D4. There was no time for stage 2 set and I could do it again. Then my time was uploaded to the leaderboards... This also happened to someone else, so it's not only happening for me!

Seems the game recognizes when the nefs-file has been edited and blocks the upload of stage times!!!!

Maybe some others could test if it happens on their game, haven't tested the carrer mode with an edited nefs so far...

Hopefully it won't be in the clubs...or we have to find a solution! Maybe CM can give us a clue ;) @KickUp @CMMcBabe @ChristinaMc

I was just about to mention the problem too.

It does not only happen with online stuff, but with anything offline too.
I am working on a template, and noticed that anytime I used the edited car or just even going into the branding suite stops the game from saving any progress.

I have done some tests and this is what I come up so far:
- Starting D4 and using a car (or going into branding suite) that has not been altered, works fine. Progress is saved.
- Starting D4 and using a car (or going into branding suite) that has been altered, does not save any progress from here on.
For instance, I created a freeplay custom RX championchip with my edited PoloRX template. And it doesn't matter if I play through the championchip or quit the game after some heats, it always falls back to the moment the championchip has started, but without any progress.

Using the original car nefs again, and everything works fine as usual.

So, at the moment it seems like there is a problem with saved car nefs, stopping D4 from saving any progress if the altered car has been loaded in anyway (gameplay or branding suite).

@WeamDreaver @LutzM i think the problem that in the car .nefs you can also alter things like the .ctf file and that is something that can cause cheating with leaderboards. The fact that we only change the livery doesn't matter. They see that we did change something inside the car .nefs and that is enough to cause this problem online. I was already a bit worried about this. If only Codemasters seperated the files you can cheat leaderboards with and the liveries this would not be happening.

You're right, but unfortunately this happens even though you just changed the livery...
As long as it stays like this or no solution is found, you can only use modded liveries in joyride mode...and this would really make this great game become a looser in my eyes... When the clubs are implemented I want to drive with my own team livery...for videos & screenshots!

I am working on a template, and noticed that anytime I used the edited car or just even going into the branding suite stops the game from saving any progress.

- Starting D4 and using a car (or going into branding suite) that has not been altered, works fine. Progress is saved.
- Starting D4 and using a car (or going into branding suite) that has been altered, does not save any progress from here on.
For instance, I created a freeplay custom RX championchip with my edited PoloRX template. And it doesn't matter if I play through the championchip or quit the game after some heats, it always falls back to the moment the championchip has started, but without any progress.

So, at the moment it seems like there is a problem with saved car nefs, stopping D4 from saving any progress if the altered car has been loaded in anyway (gameplay or branding suite).
Can confirm this. Just started the triple crown RX championship, with modified Focus RX Bakkerud livery and after finishing 1st event I quit and restarted the game.
Nothing was saved.

@WeamDreaver @LutzM i think the problem that in the car .nefs you can also alter things like the .ctf file and that is something that can cause cheating with leaderboards. The fact that we only change the livery doesn't matter. They see that we did change something inside the car .nefs and that is enough to cause this problem online. I was already a bit worried about this. If only Codemasters seperated the files you can cheat leaderboards with and the liveries this would not be happening.
If that's really the case, then it sounds like a dead end, honestly.
I hoped it was a problem with nefs editor being in the early stages.
But if any altering of nefs files will be detected by the game resulting in cheat protection for online play and loss of saving function for offline play, well...

Funny thing, after restarting D4 to notice nothing was saved, I abandoned the triple crown RX championship.
I then bought a DS3 WRX (unaltered .nef), restarted the triple crown RX championship.
I finished the 1st event, quit and restarted D4.
Nothing was saved again...

Yes, that's true.
As soon as you use any altered car, any progress (also with unaltered cars) will not be saved (in the same session).
You can restart D4 and use an unaltered car, and the progress will be saved.

You can restart D4 and use an unaltered car, and the progress will be saved.
Didn't work for me, or do you have to play triple crown championships in one time? D4 didn't save again after 1st event in RX championship.

Hey rallyfans, another two custom made liveries for the game DiRT4 !!

You can download the custom liveries here:

http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/liveries/page1.php

Subaru Impreza 2001 - Richard Burns - Rally Spain 2001

Subaru Impreza 2001 - Petter Solberg - Rally Spain 2001

This is a ball of sadness.
The D4 experience I've been most expectant for is Clubs so we can run custom team liveries in events like the next RaceDept Rally Championship. This will mean it will likely have to keep running on DR - which is really disappointing considering your stage is what we've been most excited about for Clubs.
Word on whether modded liveries will be possible by the time Clubs rolls round would be appreciated @ChristinaMc <3

i doubt we will get any answer form anyone from codemasters, modders get no love from codies