Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

LutzM said:
The problem with modded nefs-files for cars is, that when you use such a car for a community event your times won't be uploaded to the leaderboards!!!!!
Did the weekly Group B challenge with the edited Audi Quattro yesterday and my times weren't uploaded.
I started the monthly challenge and chose the Renault R5, did the first stage with the original nefs-file and everything was ok, my time was uploaded to the leaderboard. Then I quit the game, changed the r5t.nefs and started the game to continue with stage 2. My time wasn't put on the leaderboard. So I quit the game again, changed the nefs back to the original and started D4. There was no time for stage 2 set and I could do it again. Then my time was uploaded to the leaderboards... This also happened to someone else, so it's not only happening for me!
It just occured to me, if you are able to do stages over and over again without results being uploaded, you might even use this as a "legal cheat" for online events?

i doubt we will get any answer form anyone from codemasters, modders get no love from codies
Never noticed it before but at the startup of the game you can read this (see red arrow). I guess modifying a livery inside a .nefs file is seen as an inconsistency, so they did warn us. Strange that Kick_up (or was it Paul Coleman, can't remember) said that we could modify/create liveries eventually if we figured it out but it would be slightly different. What he did not say is that autosave will be disabled. I guess Codemasters is fed up with the modding community and listens to much to their investors and sponsors, maybe understandable from their point of view but very sad for us. I have always wondered why other games like WRC, Project Cars, Asseto Corsa, Automobilista, MotoGP, rFactor do not have this problem or am i wrong about that ?!

They're the same person.

However, this is more likely to be a setting they will change, they decide which files are set for consistency checks, hopefully it's not a problem with only checking the container file Vs game files.

They're the same person.

However, this is more likely to be a setting they will change, they decide which files are set for consistency checks, hopefully it's not a problem with only checking the container file Vs game files.
I think if you change the size or date of the .nefs file it is already enough to be inconsistent. Can't imagine they will change it, Codemasters never did and with every game they protect their files more and more and not only against cheating. It would be cool if they separate files you can cheat with and protect those and let us access the files you cannot cheat with like liveries etc. The reason they not do it is because they want to protect the sponsored liveries more and more i guess. Fingers crossed if they do change it...

Hey rallyfans, another two custom made liveries for the game DiRT4 !!

You can download the custom liveries here:

http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/liveries/page1.php

Subaru Impreza 2001 - Richard Burns - Rally Spain 2001

Subaru Impreza 2001 - Petter Solberg - Rally Spain 2001

Made a small mistake with the six Rally Spain stickers so i have updated them on both cars to get it fixed. You can download the fixed v2.0 at http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/liveries/page1.php

Never noticed it before but at the startup of the game you can read this (see red arrow). I guess modifying a livery inside a .nefs file is seen as an inconsistency, so they did warn us. Strange that Kick_up (or was it Paul Coleman, can't remember) said that we could modify/create liveries eventually if we figured it out but it would be slightly different. What he did not say is that autosave will be disabled. I guess Codemasters is fed up with the modding community and listens to much to their investors and sponsors, maybe understandable from their point of view but very sad for us. I have always wondered why other games like WRC, Project Cars, Asseto Corsa, Automobilista, MotoGP, rFactor do not have this problem or am i wrong about that ?!
Well, there is an option to turn autosave off in the menu.
I tried it once, but I could not find any manual saving option.
I wonder what this is about.

i doubt we will get any answer form anyone from codemasters, modders get no love from codies
Indeed, that's the biggest reason they have changed the whole file system...losers.
On the other hand, good work and very very proud and respect for the modders.

Can You Help Me? May i missed something ...
When i open the .DDS file i always see nothing but a black square in Photoshop.

ps: In XnView i can see the image, only have problem in case of Photoshop

@mesa if it's a BC7, BC1, BC3 texture I'm pretty sure it needs the Intel dds texture tools, are you using them as opposed to the nvidia ones?

Hey rallyfans, made two marlboro versions of the Evo 6.

You can download the custom DiRT4 liveries here:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI - Tommi Makinen - Rally Portugal 1999

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI - Marcus Gronholm - Rally Portugal 1999

I have a new problem.
When i want to save .DDS in Photoshop, the Nvidia plugin is active. I can save as BC1, but the game is going to crash before a stage's service pack loaded....

Do i need to uninstall Nvidia plugins to use Intel instead, or something else could be the problem? What is your opinions?

mesa said:
I have a new problem.
When i want to save .DDS in Photoshop, the Nvidia plugin is active. I can save as BC1, but the game is going to crash before a stage's service pack loaded....

Do i need to uninstall Nvidia plugins to use Intel instead, or something else could be the problem? What is your opinions?

did you perhaps save the pssg compressed and then put back in the .nefs. I noticed that  can also crash the game, make sure you save the pssg uncompressed.  Btw i ditched the nvidia plugin and i am using the intel plugin now. view my page for all the tools, manuals and bcn settings http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/tools/texture-design-tools.php

Hey rallyfans, another one from the year 2001.

You can download the custom DiRT4 livery here:

Ford Focus RS Rally 2001 - Raimund Baumschlager - Barum Rally 2001

make sure you save the pssg uncompressed.  Btw i ditched the nvidia plugin and i am using the intel plugin now.

Thanks for your Help my Friend!
I've just uninstalled Nvidia plugin and saved the .PSSG without compression and now it works :)

Here is the result, first D4 skin of mine (WIP) video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htv7WR87v_M  

mesa said:
I have a new problem.

I think you can have both installed at the same time. When choosing the filetype, D3D/DDS (*.DDS,*.DDS) is Nvidia and Intel Texture Works (*.DDS, *.DDS) is Intel

So, let me see if i understood right... If we use D4 Custom Liveries, game doesn't save progress?

Alf72 said:
So, let me see if i understood right... If we use D4 Custom Liveries, game doesn't save progress?
Pretty much sums it up yes...
I replaced all my modified .nefs again with the originals untill I finished the career

Only if you load a car (race or branding suite) with custom livery. And it doesn't matter if you use the original livery. It is enough to load a car which contains a single custom livery slot, even if you don't use it.

You also need to have a backup of the latest nefs file. It will still not save, if you going to use original nefs file from an older game version.

You also need to have a backup of the latest nefs file. It will still not save, if you going to use original nefs file from an older game version.
worrying, if Codemasters updates a ctf file for a car and so updates the nefs of that specific car we have to reinstall our custom liveries in that nefs file....this is gonna be frustrating down the road. How the heck did codemasters came up with this idea, it totally kills the modding community.

I can't look at this thread. 
Y'all are making this console peasant very jealous.
Yeah, me too, but with all these problems there's not much to be jealous unfortunately

carpa said:
I can't look at this thread. 
Y'all are making this console peasant very jealous.
Yeah, me too, but with all these problems there's not much to be jealous unfortunately
custom liveries and mods still beat not saving progress if you ask me, especially if you are done with career and do not mind the online leaderboard  ;)