Sign in to follow this  

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Kenny1962 said:
Hi Mesa.

They look great. keep up .the great work.
Thanks Kenny!  :)
I'm sorry to say that i have no real motivation to make more, because this game is boring...

Ford Fiesta R5 M-Sport World Rally Team (WRC 2) 2017
#32 T. Suninen / #33 E. Camilli
Made from scratch
Do not redistribute any of the textures without proper credits
DOWNLOAD
IMG

Made from scratch
DOWNLOAD
IMG
Awesome skin but 1 small detail, Suninen and Markkula have a French flag :smile:

sqdstr said:
Made from scratch
DOWNLOAD

Awesome skin but 1 small detail, Suninen and Markkula have a French flag :smile:
i will fix it

@Dirtgame on Twitter relpied that people with modded liveries Will be allowed to play clubs, so I think that online leaderboards and all the other stuff too

@Dirtgame on Twitter relpied that people with modded liveries Will be allowed to play clubs, so I think that online leaderboards and all the other stuff too
I really hope so. Not being able to use custom liveries killed much of my enjoyment of the game. Half the fun for me in Dirt Rally was making liveries for leagues

I really hope so. Not being able to use custom liveries killed much of my enjoyment of the game. Half the fun for me in Dirt Rally was making liveries for leagues
Problem is the stages are rather bland (a beaten horse), so adding unique liveries at least breaks that up some.  

Sorry guys, just to clarify on this - your in-game livery designs will be available to use, but anything created outside of the branding suite won't be, as it'll detect the game files that have been modded. Apologies for any confusion!

Sorry guys, just to clarify on this - your in-game livery designs will be available to use, but anything created outside of the branding suite won't be, as it'll detect the game files that have been modded. Apologies for any confusion!
:(

This just renders all custom made liveries useless for PvP driving doesn't it?
Are there at least more patterns for the branding suite on the horizon then?

SkyRex said:
This just renders all custom made liveries useless for PvP driving doesn't it?
Are there at least more patterns for the branding suite on the horizon then?
i highly doubt there will be more patters, due to the amount of work it takes to make just 1 new one, at this point whoever works on 2D art on CM games is probably working on another game already

aaaaaaand all my excitement for this game got killed again

Does the F1 game have this same 'problem'? I'm pretty sure I have seen videos of gameplay where they already have custom helmets modded in. 

Does the F1 game have this same 'problem'? I'm pretty sure I have seen videos of gameplay where they already have custom helmets modded in. 
i think it does have this 'feature' /s

Just WOW.

I guess that certainly won't encourage modders, hardly any skins are being made for Dirt4, as opposed to DR.
Too bad really but understandable...

That is the only thing that can be modded without the 'problem'.

In DiRT Rally the cheaters were not a problem, so why introduce this "content check" cutting off the modding community?
The community asked the exactly opposite of this. Modders help a lot, especially when the game falls short in longevity

DoubleTen said:
In DiRT Rally the cheaters were not a problem, so why introduce this "content check" cutting off the modding community?
The community asked the exactly opposite of this. Modders help a lot, especially when the game falls short in longevity
That's not true. Leaderboards in PC are full of cheaters. I am understand this decision. The problem is the rest of the game, this is another bad new.

carpa said:
Well, that makes things even worse. This means that they are able to remove the restriction on certain parts of the game. Which could mean that they can probably remove the restriction from liveries in DiRT4. But I don't think they are going to do that

carpa said:
Well, that makes things even worse. This means that they are able to remove the restriction on certain parts of the game. Which could mean that they can probably remove the restriction from liveries in DiRT4. But I don't think they are going to do that
They probably haven't restricted the helmets because their files are different from the files of the car, which could be altered to gain performance

Codemasters did this 'feature' deliberately to protect their sponsors and so frustrating the modders. They could have easily made a map with liveries in it and no restrictions and a map with the other car files in it and put restrictions on it so the cheaters have less chance to cheat. They did not and that is a bad thing if you ask me. Already DiRT4 is as dead as a doornail for weeks. The worst part is that it looks like they don't care, nobody from codemasters communicates to the community about DiRT4 in a proper way taking us serious those who payed a lot of money for the game. They could do something to revive the game but then again i guess they have our money so why would they. codemasters shame on you, this is not how a company like you should deal with a game and it's community.