Sign in to follow this  

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Splitting the liveries from the rest of the car, allowing 3-4 liveries per car to be changed.
There would be enough people who wouldn't use edited liveries and the sponsors of the game would still appear.

The advertising effect for D4 would be massively higher if videos appear on the www with modded liveries on D4 cars. Then they could even make more money...

D4 is such a briliant game, I love the YourStage thing and the cars, the handling and the graphics - just this little detail is what makes me sad!
Come on Codies...

BTE it seems not a hard job to make a checksum for physics ONLY and let people to use their custom liveries... 

LutzM said:
Splitting the liveries from the rest of the car, allowing 3-4 liveries per car to be changed.
There would be enough people who wouldn't use edited liveries and the sponsors of the game would still appear.

The advertising effect for D4 would be massively higher if videos appear on the www with modded liveries on D4 cars. Then they could even make more money...

D4 is such a briliant game, I love the YourStage thing and the cars, the handling and the graphics - just this little detail is what makes me sad!
Come on Codies...
I agree with you Buddy, I really would like my car livery in the game, but we are affected because of cheaters that already have found a way to cheat, in some leaderboards the 1st may have a time 2min faster than anyone, or they can make a tool with steamworkshop for liveries and we don't affect or edit game files, just the tool does it.
But I am sure it is because of licencing that we can't edit them

I don't care about leaderboards at all...it's nice to see at which level my times are but thats it. Won't become a better man just by getting higher in a leaderboard of a computer game...so let those people cheat their times...
I just want to have more liveries, or better, my own team liveries when competing in a club if this feature is ever to come...it's been very quiet around @KickUp and @ChristinaMc the last weeks...all we hear/read is "more coming soon" - but how soon is their soon ?!?!?!??!

The argument about cheating is sort of noncense. If cheaters can't hack the game they just start hacking codemasters leaderbord. Seen it multiple times in D4 already. I more believe it has to do with the sponsoring on the cars. But still funny why there are also cars in the game which are pure white and some other colors...

The argument about cheating is sort of noncense. If cheaters can't hack the game they just start hacking codemasters leaderbord. Seen it multiple times in D4 already. I more believe it has to do with the sponsoring on the cars. But still funny why there are also cars in the game which are pure white and some other colors...
yes, i've noticed that too. Why put stock coloured cars then? Why so few custom liveries? Why i can't save my liveries?
It's like they're killing longevity on purpose

Somebody probably already gave this a thought, but if we are unable to edit the liveries in Dirt 4 in a way that allows us to enjoy the game, wouldn't it be possible to extract the new cars from Dirt 4 in order to insert them in Dirt Rally by replacing some of its cars?

SlowEddy said:
Somebody probably already gave this a thought, but if we are unable to edit the liveries in Dirt 4 in a way that allows us to enjoy the game, wouldn't it be possible to extract the new cars from Dirt 4 in order to insert them in Dirt Rally by replacing some of its cars?
Yes, but there's legal issues with that so i'm not sure it's worth it.

SlowEddy said:
Yes, but there's legal issues with that so i'm not sure it's worth it.
Is it very different from the DS3 mod in Dirt Rally that replaced the Mini? I understand your remark with regards to multiplayer, but I don't see the issue for single player.

SlowEddy said:
Is it very different from the DS3 mod in Dirt Rally that replaced the Mini? I understand your remark with regards to multiplayer, but I don't see the issue for single player.
The legal issues have nothing to do with using the car in multiplayer. You're exporting a 3d model only available in DiRT 4, and making it freely available for anyone in DiRT Rally, regardless of whether they have purchased DiRT 4. Also the licence for the car is only to be used in the DiRT 4 title. I can show you how to do it personally, but redistributing it online is a no-no, as far as i'm concerned. 

SlowEddy said:
The legal issues have nothing to do with using the car in multiplayer. You're exporting a 3d model only available in DiRT 4, and making it freely available for anyone in DiRT Rally, regardless of whether they have purchased DiRT 4. Also the licence for the car is only to be used in the DiRT 4 title. I can show you how to do it personally, but redistributing it online is a no-no, as far as i'm concerned. 
Ok, I understand what you mean. I did not think about it to that extent.

it is done before with other dirt games from codemasters, so i wouldn't worry that much. Also editing the game in any way is not allowed so we are legally in the wrong anyway if i am not mistaken ;-)

it is done before with other dirt games from codemasters, so i wouldn't worry that much. Also editing the game in any way is not allowed so we are legally in the wrong anyway if i am not mistaken ;-)
Imagine driving the Evo VI in Finland or the Ascona in Monte Carlo :-)

SlowEddy said:
Imagine driving the Evo VI in Finland or the Ascona in Monte Carlo :-)

i've driven the evo6 in DR germany stages (i only tested the 3D not the liveries and interior), but due to the lack of interest in DiRT4 i did not go forward with the project. Same goes for a few new liveries for DiRT4 that i finished for about 80%. I just have no love for DiRT4 at this point. Now i wait for some good reviews and videos about WRC7, it looks promising so maybe soon i create content for that game :-). Lets cross our fingers cause i am in need of rallying cars in a fresh new rally game, i can't wait for another 1-2 years until Codemasters create a new rally game that might be good. So for now all hope is on wrc7.

Is it possible to extract car sounds from the nefs files and use them in Dirt Rally (f.e. Lancia 037, Ibiza KC, 205 T16,...) ?

Hey rallyfans, made 2 new liveries for the DiRT4 game.

You can download the custom DiRT4 liveries here:

http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/liveries/page1.php

Mitsubishi Space Star R5 - Tein - Toshi Arai

Jackson Pro Truck 4 - No Fear

There was some interesting news on Twitter regarding the whole no saves while modding thing. According to an F1 youtuber they are going to remove the 'feature' that removes saves from the F1 game in an upcoming patch. If we're lucky DiRT4 might get the same treatment.

https://twitter.com/_aarava/status/917881737128153088

There was some interesting news on Twitter regarding the whole no saves while modding thing. According to an F1 youtuber they are going to remove the 'feature' that removes saves from the F1 game in an upcoming patch. If we're lucky DiRT4 might get the same treatment.

https://twitter.com/_aarava/status/917881737128153088
As far as I know that feature was implemented because of the official F1 eSports League to prevent cheating and now that the qualifications are over they might remove it. The things is, DiRT 4 has that thing and it doesn't even have Clubs yet...

well, it looks like it has been officially fixed for the F1 game. If the codies were smart they would do the same to DiRT4 with the clubs update or something. I can deal with the physics, I can deal with the repetitive stages. But I never managed to deal with the livery editor.

https://twitter.com/_aarava/status/918256748980563969

Can somebody explain to me how can I put a freakin' livery in this game? Do I have to save the textures in high and low?

Because I've tried to do a livery and follow everystep of RallyGamer's tutorials and the game keeps crashing with the new files!

What a crappy game, DR was so easy...

Can somebody explain to me how can I put a freakin' livery in this game? Do I have to save the textures in high and low?

Because I've tried to do a livery and follow everystep of RallyGamer's tutorials and the game keeps crashing with the new files!

Maybe you compressed the pssg when you saved it ? If you did that it might of crashed the game. When you done editing and you are saving the edited .dds back into the pssg just use the following option to save the pssg file:  File, Save, Save as PSSG. If you then follow my tutorial it will work, btw no need to save in low resolution unless you play the game in low resolution.

Maybe you compressed the pssg when you saved it ? If you did that it might of crashed the game. When you done editing and you are saving the edited .dds back into the pssg just use the following option to save the pssg file:  File, Save, Save as PSSG. If you then follow my tutorial it will work, btw no need to save in low resolution unless you play the game in low resolution.
Thanks for the tip RallyGamer.

I've saved in dds5, like I allways do, the use the pssg editor and the nerftool!

I'm going to try it out later

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMSdZkSD1i8&t=1

Nice. Hope RFPE guys join and give us some love for DR legacy cars in D4!