Sign in to follow this  

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

hoonhead said:
what i did is copied the modified pss file out of the OUTPUT_FOLDER en paste it into the root where also the mr5.nefs file is and the OUTPUT_FOLDER etc. Then i entered the string as seen in the image above in cmd.exe. Now my original mr5.nefs repacked and changed the timestamp.

I just checked my 'packed' mr5.nefs but for some reason the modified livery is not in it.
i did that my modified .pss file is in the same folder as the .nefs but when i do the same command i don't get the output file which means no file was outputted

edgenz said:
you guys are awesome                         
it would be better if it worked

hoonhead said:
i have an appointment this morning so gotta stop the search for a solution, gonna get back late this afternoon and check this forum, you better have a solution @YorAlcoholicDad & @Phoenixwin ;) cos i wanne edit some liveries, have some luck in the time i am gone  B)
lol i wish i had man, i want to convert all my liveries from dirt rally to dirt 4

I'm going to try out a few things too but on track-files  because these are in my interest. 

Put the packfile and offzip into $PATH environment variable so you will be able to use it without current path in CMD. it should be easier then. 
Als you can try using absolute paths, eg. "E:\outputdir\yourdesiredifile.nes"

versedi said:
Put the packfile and offzip into $PATH environment variable so you will be able to use it without current path in CMD. it should be easier then. 
Als you can try using absolute paths, eg. "E:\outputdir\yourdesiredifile.nes"
how do i put them on $PATH enviroment variable?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4822400/register-an-exe-so-you-can-run-it-from-any-command-line-in-windows

You have to put your .exe file's path into enviroment variable path. Go to "My computer -> properties -> advanced -> environment variables -> Path" and edit path by adding .exe's directory into path.

so it worked but instead of taking 4 seconds like on @hoonhead PC, on mine for some reason, took 473 seconds to complete, then tested on the game, same results crashed when trying to load it

It looks like this game may eventually need a skin installer program/gui, looking ahead this may be a PITA for many to add skins.  Speaking of which, I wonder if it will be possible to ADD skins this time around instead of copying over.  

hoonhead said:
oke, i am back.

I tried the procedure again and i noticed something. Before packing the mr5.nefs file i first removed the original 05b13ef7.pss from the OUTPUT_FOLDER. So i packed it and that worked. Next i opened the packed edited mr5.nefs file and indeed there was the 05b13ef7.pss again. i opened it but it was not the version i edited in photoshop but just the original one so that was weird.

I also mentioned before that there are extra files in the newly packed mr5.nefs. One of those files is 00000002.gz.

I opened it and extracted the file in it, 00000002. Renamed it to 00000002.pssg and opened it and there is my edited livery.

the other extra files are one .txt file and a few .dat files.
im starting to think we going to need someone that know more about programing to help us with this, i started to learn C but i learned just the very very basic stuff

hoonhead said:
im starting to think we going to need someone that know more about programing to help us with this, i started to learn C but i learned just the very very basic stuff
I think so too, i am a class A noob when it comes to cmd.exe / c or whatever it is called, never used it before so i was lucky getting this far  :#.  

I hope @Rider25 can help us out.
could use python script?

atonium83 said:
If anyone is able to do this livery, it will be awesome ! 

i will make it after i convert all my liveries from DR to D4, obviously if we find a way to properly put mods in the game

Update: http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=23971#p23971

offzip has a -r option that works just like quickbms but honestly I don't know if it will work in this particular situation with chunked content.
If you want to try it's just the SAME command-line you used for extraction plus the -r option just after "offzip.exe", remember to make a backup of your archive.
Obviously there is no support about this, it works or doesn't work.

atonium83 said:
If anyone is able to do this livery, it will be awesome ! 

i will make it after i convert all my liveries from DR to D4, obviously if we find a way to properly put mods in the game
Thanks man !