Sign in to follow this  

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

AntonVit said:
Rygar86 said:
Is this true? Has Codemasters gone and encrypted Dirt 4's files so we can't have mods?
It is real facts. Codemasters encrypted Cars, location and game files, so no any mod more :)

Care to explain why you're enjoying this so much that we can't have mods and liveries anymore? The only thing I see you doing here is laughing at those modder's misery

sqdstr said:
Care to explain why you're enjoying this so much that we can't have mods and liveries anymore? The only thing I see you doing here is laughing at those modder's misery
Man, its just smile, not mad laughter, its mean that i have good day today and wish it to you.

sqdstr said:
AntonVit said:
Rygar86 said:
Is this true? Has Codemasters gone and encrypted Dirt 4's files so we can't have mods?
It is real facts. Codemasters encrypted Cars, location and game files, so no any mod more :)

Codemasters never supported modding so they never gave as any mods/liveries, custom liveries were only possible because of the tool that the modders were using.

Codemasters, pls pls pls added modify livery from cars! pls pls pls!!!

At the beginning of the Dirt 4 gossip forum it was said that there would be a way of modding liveries
from Codemasters . I don't understand why we can not have this now. Please can we have a fix for liveries only. Many thanks.

Anyway how about using Resorep texture replacer?
It can be used in DX11 games.
Why nobody interested? I tried Resorep 1.6.0 but unfortunately it crashes when the game starts. If we solve this problem we can use modding liveries without unpack/repack NEFS files.

hoonhead said:
Ha3aP said:
Codemasters, pls pls pls added modify livery from cars! pls pls pls!!!
The problem is that Codemasters has agreements with sponsors that appear in the game on cars and banners. If we gonna edit those cars and banners the sponsors will be less shown in the game and that is not good for those sponsors Codemasters made a deal with. For that reason Codemasters can't help us out with modding tools. The fact is that if we figure something out to mod and Codemasters allows us to do so is another thing but they will never give us the tools or make it easier for us, they never did in the last few years/games and the probably never will. 

Said all that i wished Codemasters would construct their game in a way that they protect the parts they do not want us to change like those sponsored cars and banners but let us at least edit the cars that have a plain color. In that way they could protect for example their .ctf (engine) files but let us change the camera files and so on. In that way i think we both have what we want and have more fun and lifespan with the game.

I am actually wondering if Ryder25 did not made the pssg tool the last few years if we ever had the ability to edit the textures, i think we can consider us lucky already. Let's hope somebody figures out what to do with the .nefs, maybe if F1 2017 comes along and also uses these .nefs somebody creates a tool.
That sounds fair to me. I just want to use modded skins for my own use.

I'd like the official skins that are on the cars to be released as well so they can be improved!

I think that a cool thing and codemasters can be happy with that, why don't we make patterns and then they add them to te game, so we can get some skins (sort of) and help the developers a bit, Community Patterns, what do you think?
@ChristinaMc 

I think that a cool thing and codemasters can be happy with that, why don't we make patterns and then they add them to te game, so we can get some skins (sort of) and help the developers a bit, Community Patterns, what do you think?
@ChristinaMc 
Sounds great on paper, but patterns can easily turn into full skins with some tricks.  So may as well ask for the whole thing (allow for custom skins).

gfRally said:
@ChristinaMc 
Sounds great on paper, but patterns can easily turn into full skins with some tricks.  So may as well ask for the whole thing (allow for custom skins).

Yes but that will interfere with the Sponsors that help Codemasters, they will not like that other companies who didn't pay appear with the help of Codemasters, also Licensing problems. 
But having similar patterns but with the sponsors that have contributed with Codemasters I think is great. And I can't see why they wouldn't like to do it, we send the skins in the format they want and in the next update they appear in the game, so .nefs files keep crypted and no cheating, also an art badge to the ones who help will encourage more people to help

Me help too, rpeorder DiRT Rally and DiRT4. But they do not hear me (((

hoonhead said:
Oke i am gonna do a rant. I just had to fix my pc and had to put back a backup but while i thought i saved my save game correctly i apparently did not so now i have to do the immense stupid career all over. Why is it that the save game is not taken care of by steam like with origin, this sucks major. I gonna hate this game already also cos we cannot mod it. I hope Codemasters goes bankrupt over this game, sorry Codemasters ;-). All great games can be modded except for this b*llsh*t game with it's stupid sponsors nobody wants. Oh yeah it looks great, the gameplay is awesome and the sounds and effects are out of this world, i would give this game a 5 out 5 stars but without mods it's just another game we did not really asked for. Guess i gonna play some battlefield now and kill me a few m*therf*uckers just for the fun of it and to cool down...ahhhhhhhhhh
Learn to do backups. Enable Steam Cloud. 

I've just had an HDD failure and my backup worked completely fine. 

hoonhead said:
Still hate the senseless stupid repetitive unrealistic useless career mode and that just for a few livery unlocks, after all these years they still cannot create a decent career mode that is fun, what a shame, at least give us all the liveries in freeplay so if you are not interested in career mode like i do we at least have all stuff unlock i goddamn payed for but not will not get because of that stupid unrealistic career mode. If we get a tool i gonna mod the sh*t out of this game and delete all those stupid sponsors and stupid sponsored liveries, end of my second rant.
All I had to do is look up the movie, I knew there would be something there that fits:

https://youtu.be/IrCEhRNgGHY

BTW: I do agree with you, no mods suck and I am disappointed that even liverys are now locked.

Kickup actually said that allowing modding would be a cool idea, and that we will see about SDK being released. That was before game release, so we won't know if it was true.

Yup Kickup said from the outset that mods are still possible but will require more work because of how the files are formatted.
I trust the decision to move to a new format was entirely a technical one - rather than to intentionally screw the mod community over... It sucks but at the end of the day it's our responsibility to figure out how to get these liveries into the game.

Unfortunately we seem to be unlucky that no one with the skills appears to be keen to help us at the moment. 

So...                                                                      
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8uPZg3IIlw&feature=youtu.be

wow dude tons of people here spend hours upon hours of their time (including me) to make content for you to use on your game, for free, and you come her to mock us? seriously, if you have something to contribute then do it, otherwise don't post anything

AntonVit said:
So...                                                                      

Wow, you are able to use trainers. Good for you. Worthless for us.

Stop spamming this thread with your shitty videos.