Sign in to follow this  

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

mintz420 said:
Any modded livery released yet buddys? :) don't get me wrong I love your work!
we made some, but we still cant put them back in the game

PaloSamo said:
They prefer selling a new game for the masses, than giving us the possibility for modding the game and make it last for a long time like RBR
RBR wasn't made with modding in mind. Mods were created a tad later by a community of passionate fans. As for CM I don't know what their intentions were/are and I find it interesting that you do.
That's not true... in patch 1.02 RBR developers introduced the "plugins folder" and a example plugin to allow some mods... you can run BTB´s stages using the rx plugin, you can have better pacenotes and better camera positions using pacenote plugin, you can compete in online events thank to RSRBR or RBRworl or RBRczech, you can modify hanbrake linearity (and do a lot of other things) using fixup plugin...

is impossible to import some missing car models from dirt rally to dirt 4?
So far it's not even possible to import liveries into the game, let alone cars

This may sound like a stupid question, but has anyone been able to use a nefs file that has been opened and repacked, without changing anything in the file itself?  I just have this feeling the problem may be how we repack the files.  

This may sound like a stupid question, but has anyone been able to use a nefs file that has been opened and repacked, without changing anything in the file itself?  I just have this feeling the problem may be how we repack the files.  
Again. It is because of how we repack the files.

The compression tool doesn't know where to place the files and puts it always at the start/end of pack (can't recall now which it was). 

We'd have to edit the original code so it would be possible to add a position/bit where the file should be placed and end (location of original file).

Though that doesn't make sure it will work. There are rumours there's a sumcheck on the files. 

I'm not really good at explaining this things. Head to the forum linked few pages back and it might give you some more insight. 

grancab said:
PaloSamo said:
They prefer selling a new game for the masses, than giving us the possibility for modding the game and make it last for a long time like RBR
RBR wasn't made with modding in mind. Mods were created a tad later by a community of passionate fans. As for CM I don't know what their intentions were/are and I find it interesting that you do.
That's not true... in patch 1.02 RBR developers introduced the "plugins folder" and a example plugin to allow some mods... you can run BTB´s stages using the rx plugin, you can have better pacenotes and better camera positions using pacenote plugin, you can compete in online events thank to RSRBR or RBRworl or RBRczech, you can modify hanbrake linearity (and do a lot of other things) using fixup plugin...
You're right, I just found this info from Patch 1.02 release notes:
* Modding DLL (A readme document will be released soon.)

But as far as I know above mods work using files outside plugin folder. But I agree that WorkerBee's plugins are wonderful! (Codemasters?)

skins don't need a dll but almost everything else need it... files can be placed in root folder while the dll be in the correct place (add-on stages are in maps folder but you use a plugin to run them).
There are many examples: shifter, zfix for add-on cars created with zmodeller, oculus rift support, tripple screen support, equalifer for car audio

CODEMASTERS ARE YOU READING THIS TOPIC???!!!
Hi to all my mates who is waiting for the moment when we will be able to edit skins for this game. Me personaly I WILL NOT BUY the game untill they will not make any support for skins. Coz lets be honest all the codemasters racing games was fun coz we was able to make new skins for the cars. And how amazing it was to play with ur favorite racer livery...heh good times. What i want to say for me this game become boring without new skins. Why u did this codemasters i dont know.... any kind of modding is for the personal use only. Its a pitty to see how they killed the game....i mean they made it just like other games ''game for one time and then throw it''.   But i still have some hope that for those ppl who care and who is making posts in this topic...for those who still looking for the solution...im sure we will find some way. And you CODEMASTERS emmm nothing to say about you...so stuppid from your side to do that... you really showed how you care about players.

DmitryZ13 said:
CODEMASTERS ARE YOU READING THIS TOPIC???!!!
Hi to all my mates who is waiting for the moment when we will be able to edit skins for this game. Me personaly I WILL NOT BUY the game untill they will not make any support for skins. Coz lets be honest all the codemasters racing games was fun coz we was able to make new skins for the cars. And how amazing it was to play with ur favorite racer livery...heh good times. What i want to say for me this game become boring without new skins. Why u did this codemasters i dont know.... any kind of modding is for the personal use only. Its a pitty to see how they killed the game....i mean they made it just like other games ''game for one time and then throw it''.   But i still have some hope that for those ppl who care and who is making posts in this topic...for those who still looking for the solution...im sure we will find some way. And you CODEMASTERS emmm nothing to say about you...so stuppid from your side to do that... you really showed how you care about players.
So you haven't got the game but it already got boring. Hmm...

If the skins are not unlocked - Dirt 4 was the last bought game from the Codemasters!

As there are liveries in the game for each car where they have just one colour I'm pretty sure we will be able to mod those skins one day...
Be patient guys...

LutzM said:
As there are liveries in the game for each car where they have just one colour I'm pretty sure we will be able to mod those skins one day...
Be patient guys...
Those one color skins might not even be custom liveries, but just a branding suite skin with a set color (and as such not editable). In the game files you can access and edit the custom liveries, but the problem is that you can't get them back in the game afterwards

Didzis said:
Those one color skins might not even be custom liveries, but just a branding suite skin with a set color (and as such not editable). In the game files you can access and edit the custom liveries, but the problem is that you can't get them back in the game afterwards
I know about this problem but I'm also convinced that it'll be solved soon...

Didzis said:
LutzM said:
Be patient guys...
they are that, most of the cars have very few liveries that work like they used to on Dirt Rally for an example most of them just pull from the branding suite, meaning if we manage to repackage the files we would still have very few slots per car for custom liveries

Didzis said:
LutzM said:
Be patient guys...
they are that, most of the cars have very few liveries that work like they used to on Dirt Rally for an example most of them just pull from the branding suite, meaning if we manage to repackage the files we would still have very few slots per car for custom liveries
In the files you could also see the branding suite patterns. Theoretically you could edit those as well and you should be able to change the colors ingame. Not sure how/if you could change the sponsor layouts but would still be interesting to try (if/when we figure out how to put them back in the game) 

Yeee... remember the good ol' days of Dirt 3 '11, where you could even mod the game's database to add up skins slots to each car, change its name and even add a custom preview image? That would just be like heaven now...

Anyways, from day 1 Codies told us it was NOT going to be DiRT Rally 2, but I didn't expect such a huge u-turn. Believe me, I've never asked for a refund before, but I couldn't play this for more than an hour to have my cash back. I've been following these foruns and THIS was one of the motives I gave up on this game... at least for now.

I really do hope in the naive idea of what happened was: A shitton of money was spent on buying out reviews for this and that Codies biggies gave Paul the direct order to make the game more "accessible". Because to me, honestly, the worst case scenario would be to accept that the same team that conceived DiRT Rally, in their sane mind, did DiRT 4...

Didzis said:
Didzis said:
LutzM said:
Be patient guys...
In the files you could also see the branding suite patterns. Theoretically you could edit those as well and you should be able to change the colors ingame. Not sure how/if you could change the sponsor layouts but would still be interesting to try (if/when we figure out how to put them back in the game) 
this is what i want to do if we ever manage to repackage the files properly, i have plans to make 8 new patterns (taking some suggestion) and try to change the sponsors placement

mesa said:
Without mods this game will die soon... 

There are a few reasons more, but it seems the buzz has died very quickly after its release, sadly.  Locked out modding doesnt help.

gfRally said:
mesa said:

There are a few reasons more, but it seems the buzz has died very quickly after its release, sadly.  Locked out modding doesnt help.
Dirt Rally's surprise release and the evolving EA program was a successful hypetrain of it's own.

With a proper ad campaign and massive amounts of hype pre release of D4, it was pretty obvious that some people would end up disapointed. However, with the issues that are present, even more people are disapointed.

It truly is a bit strange if no one raised a flag about the car handling on gravel during development. 

bogani said:
gfRally said:
mesa said:

Dirt Rally's surprise release and the evolving EA program was a successful hypetrain of it's own.

With a proper ad campaign and massive amounts of hype pre release of D4, it was pretty obvious that some people would end up disapointed. However, with the issues that are present, even more people are disapointed.

It truly is a bit strange if no one raised a flag about the car handling on gravel during development. 
Lesson learned??  Go back to EA release, tough on devs but you end up with a better product in the end.

bogani said:
gfRally said:
mesa said:

the strangest is how we lost a lot of good things from DR to D4...  and the lot of bugs from DR early access that came alive again.

gfRally said:
bogani said:
gfRally said:
mesa said:

Lesson learned??  Go back to EA release, tough on devs but you end up with a better product in the end.
As of now the DR crowd are disapointed, and I have a hard time believing the numbered Dirt game fans are very happy either. No real party modes, very small land rush content, many things missing from previous games.

Oh well, this is off topic, but it will be very interesting to see what will be done to D4.

bogani said:
gfRally said:
bogani said:
gfRally said:
mesa said:

As of now the DR crowd are disapointed, and I have a hard time believing the numbered Dirt game fans are very happy either. No real party modes, very small land rush content, many things missing from previous games.

Oh well, this is off topic, but it will be very interesting to see what will be done to D4.
I don't want to continue the off topic but I wanted to throw in my piece. 

I'm thinking that in Codies attempt to appeal to both camps they instead ended up in that unfortunate middle ground where both parties are disappointed instead.