Sign in to follow this  

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

DiRT 4 ACAT is doing well (and apparently Anton Vit from Codemasters forum is not the author, it must be Anton Vit from Youtube or something like that ;) ).

so i don't know why but i spent the last week and a half doing this

main texture 95% redone from scratch with all graphics in vector, and most of the logos in vector, replaced all carbon textures plus other textures, added new dirt layer on all carbon parts and other parts of the texture, redone entire glass texture twice the size of the original, redone the rear grill twice the size the original

if we ever manage to put it in the game i would still do some minor adjustments plus spec maps

People seem to forget that Codemasters never "unlocked" custom liveries for any of the Dirt games. It took the community to find ways to mod it and make it work. Coming on here and demanding that codies unlock liveries is idiotic. They have sponsors to please and the game is geared around that, so I dont blame them because without it we wouldn't have these games. The same fools that demand are the same fools that rip off other peoples work and call it their own and never give any credit to those that work hard on figuring out how to mod and making liveries for these games.

Now having said that, I've done it before and it can be done again. Codies will make it harder each time but I dont think it's impossible to mod the game and start using custom liveries ;)

Paul said that on twitter too, that they don't try to deny modding.
He said it's up to the community to find a way

I asked Paul a question regarding modding in the build up to release and he was very open in his response. He acknowledged that skins would be harder this year because of the way they've done the branding suite. I presume he means the fact that the pattern is made for each car, and not one pattern across the board. He also hinted that the way they were packing the files was different, but he didn't know much about it as he wasn't involved. They definitely haven't purposefully made it harder to mod, the .nefs files reduce the games total size a lot, just a shame we haven't figured out a way to repack the files properly.

I would try, but I have no idea where to start. If someone could point me in the right direction, even if it's a lot of trial and error? 

I would try, but I have no idea where to start. If someone could point me in the right direction, even if it's a lot of trial and error? 

Get offzip source code and try to modify it so the decompressed files will be put in the same place in the archive after compressing. Not sure if the sumcheck isn't verified too...

http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=23971

Has anyone tried and "old style" method (that probably won't work)

Just suggesting something that i remember from games like Quake, where .pak files were used, however they were treated with regular file structures inside.
Thusly, creating folders in the same layout with just unpacked files, would get used by the game instead of the pak file contents.

Has anyone tried and "old style" method (that probably won't work)

Just suggesting something that i remember from games like Quake, where .pak files were used, however they were treated with regular file structures inside.
Thusly, creating folders in the same layout with just unpacked files, would get used by the game instead of the pak file contents.
just tried this, no good, the game crashes when trying to load the unpacked car

Does anyone know where to find the specular in the Dirt 4 pss files? I have found the main and the glass texture but no clue where is the specocc. I am trying to export all new liveries to Dirt Rally.

Underkex said:
Does anyone know where to find the specular in the Dirt 4 pss files? I have found the main and the glass texture but no clue where is the specocc. I am trying to export all new liveries to Dirt Rally.
the specs are on a different dds compression, they are there but i haven't been able to open them yet (its the _s files inside the .pss files for an example fsb_main_s)

hey guys if i were to make a pack to replace the 8 standard patterns in the game which would you guys suggest, keeping in mind they would have to be 4 colors at maximum, and possibly look cool in different colors beside the original ones, here are some i have in mind martini (classic martini on historic cars, and modern martini like the 2001 McRae focus for the modern cars), gulf, alitalia, rothmans, marlboro, repsol, falken and red bull

hey guys if i were to make a pack to replace the 8 standard patterns in the game which would you guys suggest, keeping in mind they would have to be 4 colors at maximum, and possibly look cool in different colors beside the original ones, here are some i have in mind martini (classic martini on historic cars, and modern martini like the 2001 McRae focus for the modern cars), gulf, alitalia, rothmans, marlboro, repsol, falken and red bull

Total could be a good one - a range of modern livery styles from 206 - Xsara - DS3 etc. And would work well with classic 70's vibes like the Team Total Gold MkII

here are some i have in mind martini (classic martini on historic cars, and modern martini like the 2001 McRae focus for the modern cars), gulf, alitalia, rothmans, marlboro, repsol, falken and red bull
Gulf is more for closed circuit racing I think.
My mind is crossed by the following: HB, Castrol (The red/green stripes on a white car even there are no Toyotas ingame), totip

edgenz said:

Total could be a good one - a range of modern livery styles from 206 - Xsara - DS3 etc. And would work well with classic 70's vibes like the Team Total Gold MkII
Manufacturers should be included too but certainly limited to the car brand.  Subaru, Ford, and Hyundai come to mind as they run thier liveys with thier names plastered on them.

Custom liveries are now possible. I don't have Photoshop so can't check if it's GIMP's fault for loss of quality (could be lack of DC7 compression support).

HOW???????????????????????????                     

Goddamn someone get that Loeb 208 R5, 2017 Focus WRX and Neuville i20 R5 in the game asap! :smiley:

PaloSamo said:

Custom liveries are now possible. I don't have Photoshop so can't check if it's GIMP's fault for loss of quality (could be lack of DC7 compression support).
Should have waited, not cool man.