Sign in to follow this  

Refund

@Loore

Is there any way to ask for a refund on this game. I was sold a product that doesn't work and with this latest announcement. it would appear you are unable to fix it. I would really like to return this for a full refund. Is that possible in the US?

There are a few here who will likely tell you to be patient, but if you start a class action lawsuit against codemasters I will join in.  I think shit like this needs to stop.  It's unlikely that anyone at codemasters is going to respond to you whether you have any chance to get your money back since they are all on holiday having spent our money from the game and the additional money from the season pass that we were all conned into buying that merely unlocks content that was already on the disk.

Don't know about the US, but in the UK it's up to the retailer whether to refund you (at least for the first 30 days or so) , not Codemasters. 

UK LAW:  If the product is faulty, you can return it for a FULL refund.  EVEN VIDEO GAMES THAT HAVE BEEN  OPENED. 

This save game issue, does count as broken software.  So for UK people if you really want a refund, CM is not the people to ask.  The shop where you got the game is.  DONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER.  dont take store credit either.   They HAVE to refund you the price you paid, itf its faulty

Maybe its the same in the U.S. 

Personally, Im confident, it will get fixed eventually.  If it doesnt,  there is always the PC version.   :). 

I received a full refund from Microsoft several weeks ago when I complained to them that the game wasn't of 'satisfactory quality' or 'fit for purpose' as specified in the UK Sale of Goods Act.

I received a full refund from Microsoft several weeks ago when I complained to them that the game wasn't of 'satisfactory quality' or 'fit for purpose' as specified in the UK Sale of Goods Act.

Can you tell us more on this.  How did Microsoft give you a refund?  The whole process of how you got it would be great.  Hope this isn't too much trouble for you.

I initially contacted CM customer service about a refund on the grounds that the game was neither 'fit for purpose' or 'of satisfactory quality' as described in the UK Sale of Goods Act.

CM informed me that I should contact who ever had supplied the game as my contract of sale was with them & not CM. I bought the game as a download from Microsoft so contacted them through their Answer Desk service explaining the situation with corrupt saves & that I had been advised by CM I should contact MS for a refund.

I was first refered to one of their tech wizards & went through a process of trying to get the save restored by erasing both my profile & the game from my hard-drive & removing the hard-drive from my x-box for a couple of minutes then down-loading profile & game again.

When this didn't work I was passed to some-one higher up the chain who at one point came onto this forum to check some of the announcements & posts that had been made about the corrupt save issue.

After about half an hour of me being insistent that, in my opinion, the game breached the Sale of Goods Act on the grounds I already gave above he agreed to give me a refund & I agreed that I would delete the game from my hard-drive.

I'm in the UK so not sure about US laws, maybe there's something similar over the pond.

I initially contacted CM customer service about a refund on the grounds that the game was neither 'fit for purpose' or 'of satisfactory quality' as described in the UK Sale of Goods Act.

CM informed me that I should contact who ever had supplied the game as my contract of sale was with them & not CM. I bought the game as a download from Microsoft so contacted them through their Answer Desk service explaining the situation with corrupt saves & that I had been advised by CM I should contact MS for a refund.

I was first refered to one of their tech wizards & went through a process of trying to get the save restored by erasing both my profile & the game from my hard-drive & removing the hard-drive from my x-box for a couple of minutes then down-loading profile & game again.

When this didn't work I was passed to some-one higher up the chain who at one point came onto this forum to check some of the announcements & posts that had been made about the corrupt save issue.

After about half an hour of me being insistent that, in my opinion, the game breached the Sale of Goods Act on the grounds I already gave above he agreed to give me a refund & I agreed that I would delete the game from my hard-drive.

I'm in the UK so not sure about US laws, maybe there's something similar over the pond.

They actually made you pull out your harddrive??  Wow!!

Yeah, I was very dubious & queried the guy at the time but he assured me that it was safe to do so, he took me though the whole process step by step & said they had managed to recover corrupt saves this way before, not on Grid AS though, this was the 1st time MS had gone though this process with a Grid AS corrupt save as far as I'm aware.