Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

F1 2014 Cockpit View

I'm on PS3, so I can't post without capture equipment.  But I'll admit I'm not a pro either.  Sorry, sometimes my sarcasm comes out in my posts and I hit send before i really think about what I'm typing.

To post something on topic, I think the cockpit will be the same.  I wouldn't be suprised if they are exactly the same as 2013.  I bet 2014 will be a lot of cut and past with new car models, the updated tracks, and sounds.  And as long as there are no game breaking bugs, I'm ok with that.

I think it will stay wide at around 55 degrees and it will of course be slightly different in each car as the cockpits, seat/mirror positions etc will have changed a bit.

I still say, give us the option to position the camera and set the FoV ourselves though - USER CAM.

I know your asking about cockpit view so going off topic but that driving was painfull to watch. I cant see them changing the cockpit view tho this year as they arent even replicating the cockpits from the f1 cars this year so not much chance of a better one. Knowing codemasters it prob more dumbed down than ever this year but I really hope I am wrong on that!
Awong124 said:

Can an option be added to remove the steering wheel and hands?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe F1 2010 had this option?   It should definitely be included though.  Who needs to see two steering wheels?

F1 2010 didn't have this option, but why would you want it anyway, it just adds to the games fun.

Many people playing with steering wheels on racing games like to be able to remove the steering wheel and hands from in game to add to the immersion. The steering wheel and hands of the actual player then effectively replace the in game hands/wheel, if the screen/wheel stands are at the right height.

APR193 said:
Awong124 said:

Can an option be added to remove the steering wheel and hands?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe F1 2010 had this option?   It should definitely be included though.  Who needs to see two steering wheels?

F1 2010 didn't have this option, but why would you want it anyway, it just adds to the games fun.

Many people playing with steering wheels on racing games like to be able to remove the steering wheel and hands from in game to add to the immersion. The steering wheel and hands of the actual player then effectively replace the in game hands/wheel, if the screen/wheel stands are at the right height.

This.  The majority of sim-racers do not have the in-game wheel/arms visible.  Really makes no sense if you think about it.

The majority of sim-racers do not have the in-game wheel/arms visible.  Really makes no sense if you think about it.

The majority of sim-racers are in iRacing, as there's over 40,000 members. Most of them race with wheel/arms visible. The few that don't mentioned that it's because their PC's are not top of the line and they have fps issues.