Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Cockpit View

Will 2014 Cockpit view be better than this or the same?

watch

would think it would be virtually similar as they're not making to many changes this year all their focus is on next gen I think

The real question is if they've fixed the framerate issues on PS3, makes it unplayable in cockpit view, especially around Monaco

I'm on PS3, so I can't post without capture equipment.  But I'll admit I'm not a pro either.  Sorry, sometimes my sarcasm comes out in my posts and I hit send before i really think about what I'm typing.

To post something on topic, I think the cockpit will be the same.  I wouldn't be suprised if they are exactly the same as 2013.  I bet 2014 will be a lot of cut and past with new car models, the updated tracks, and sounds.  And as long as there are no game breaking bugs, I'm ok with that.

watch

Off-topic here but your throttle input is just the weirdest I've ever seen. I wouldn't even classify it as a feather-style. It's just outright strange.

Off-topic here but your throttle input is just the weirdest I've ever seen. I wouldn't even classify it as a feather-style. It's just outright strange.

Then show me how it's supposed to be done, boy. Shouldn't you be learning not to spin out from kerbs first?  :p

I think it will stay wide at around 55 degrees and it will of course be slightly different in each car as the cockpits, seat/mirror positions etc will have changed a bit.

I still say, give us the option to position the camera and set the FoV ourselves though - USER CAM.

Awong124 said:

Can an option be added to remove the steering wheel and hands?

No, but I'm aware iRacing has that. I personally don't want that.

I wasn't asking about your video in particular. I was asking about F1 2014 in case Hatta reads the thread.

I know your asking about cockpit view so going off topic but that driving was painfull to watch. I cant see them changing the cockpit view tho this year as they arent even replicating the cockpits from the f1 cars this year so not much chance of a better one. Knowing codemasters it prob more dumbed down than ever this year but I really hope I am wrong on that!

watch

I think that's the traction control.

Araqiel said:

I think that's the traction control.

I don't use TC. I'm not perfect on my throttle control as I tend to be a lead foot. But my driving display was not the intent of this video.

Awong124 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe F1 2010 had this option?   It should definitely be included though.  Who needs to see two steering wheels?

how about a customized view where u can select btw few set Fov's and move up/down  forward/back in your seat like u can do with rfactor and asseto corsa    

Cap10 said:

how about a customized view where u can select btw few set Fov's and move up/down  forward/back in your seat like u can do with rfactor and asseto corsa    

That's already available as a mod for F1 2013. It's called Stunning/True to Life Cockpit

Awong124 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe F1 2010 had this option?   It should definitely be included though.  Who needs to see two steering wheels?

F1 2010 didn't have this option, but why would you want it anyway, it just adds to the games fun.

Awong124 said:

F1 2010 didn't have this option, but why would you want it anyway, it just adds to the games fun.

Many people playing with steering wheels on racing games like to be able to remove the steering wheel and hands from in game to add to the immersion. The steering wheel and hands of the actual player then effectively replace the in game hands/wheel, if the screen/wheel stands are at the right height.

I like seeing the dashboard, not just the windshield like in Gran Turismo. You can't even tell the difference in car interiors that way. Part of the charm of cockpit view is also seeing different cars distinct steering wheels.

APR193 said:
Awong124 said:

Many people playing with steering wheels on racing games like to be able to remove the steering wheel and hands from in game to add to the immersion. The steering wheel and hands of the actual player then effectively replace the in game hands/wheel, if the screen/wheel stands are at the right height.

This.  The majority of sim-racers do not have the in-game wheel/arms visible.  Really makes no sense if you think about it.

The majority of sim-racers do not have the in-game wheel/arms visible.  Really makes no sense if you think about it.

The majority of sim-racers are in iRacing, as there's over 40,000 members. Most of them race with wheel/arms visible. The few that don't mentioned that it's because their PC's are not top of the line and they have fps issues.