Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2014 Cockpit View

The majority of sim-racers do not have the in-game wheel/arms visible.  Really makes no sense if you think about it.

The majority of sim-racers are in iRacing, as there's over 40,000 members. Most of them race with wheel/arms visible. The few that don't mentioned that it's because their PC's are not top of the line and they have fps issues.

That's not even remotely true.  First of all, iRacing has very low system requirements.  I get almost 200 fps with everything maxed (if not running v-sync), and though it's all overclocked, my hardware is approaching 4 years old.   No one is turning wheel/arms off to get more FPS - the impact is minimal.  If you're really struggling for FPS in iRacing, there are other things you can turn off that will have more of an impact, like the crowd.  Are you actually on iRacing?  I am, I'm very active on the forums, I own a website that runs an iRacing league, and I watch a LOT of iRacing videos.  The majority definitely have wheel/arms turned off.  If you are on iRacing, search the forum for wheel arms and you'll see lots of people recommend that the first thing that new drivers should do is turn off wheels and arms!

First of all, iRacing has very low system requirements.  I get almost 200 fps with everything maxed (if not running v-sync), and though it's all overclocked, my hardware is approaching 4 years old.   No one is turning wheel/arms off to get more FPS - the impact is minimal.  If you're really struggling for FPS in iRacing, there are other things you can turn off that will have more of an impact, like the crowd.  Are you actually on iRacing?  I am, I'm very active on the forums, I own a website that runs an iRacing league, and I watch a LOT of iRacing videos.  The majority definitely have wheel/arms turned off.  If you are on iRacing, search the forum for wheel arms and you'll see lots of people recommend that the first thing that new drivers should do is turn off wheels and arms!

Yes, I'm actually on iRacing and have completed nearly 200 official races. That's the first thing I did after I bought my new gaming pc 7.5 months ago. I get almost 300 fps with everything maxed out and it's not even overclocked. Obviously my gaming pc is not struggling for fps but my laptop was. I did iRacing for the first month on my laptop while my gaming pc was being built and experimented with wheel/arms. I watched many iRacing youtube videos and most show wheel/arms. I have seen some with wheel/arms turned off and heard the narrators explain why it's this way(low fps for them).

• 1 month later...