Sign in to follow this  

What Players want for F1 2014

Everyone suscribe if you agree or comment!

Dear Codemasters,

- We would like to have Free Practice Sessions 1 and 2 (Fryday Sessions, 90 minutes each) like in F1 2011. It is absolutely necessary, for if there is rain in the only practice, you cannot adjust the car for a dry race.

- We would like an formation lap (for realism) . Maybe make it optional.

- We are happier with a podium animation and medal.

- After start, AI racers use to crash into your rear if you break early (on pro difficulty). AI too aggressive.

- Pit soundtrack? Where is it?

- The Session Remaining Time apearing in the last 5 minutes is a no-go, as it is placed in the MIDDLE of your SCREEN! Place it on the edge.

- There is a thread where players write, AI starts careers with fully developed cars. Stop that!

Unfortunately, as PeteTheDuck writes in F1 2014 Game Q&A Thread, there will be
- NO Free Practice 1 and 2
- NO formation lap

If FP 1 & 2 wont exist I wont buy. It is just inacceptable if it rains all FP 3 and the race is a dry one.  Bullshit!

Career mode is awful. Join a league. If the AI are hitting you under braking you are too slow and you should make the AI easier. Set up doesn't change much to be honest, especially if you are using an aid pad

-Free practices would be nice, but if you've got your saved setups and the R&D is the same as it has been in previous games then they are unnecessary.
-I like the idea of a formation lap, but only if it serves a purpose in affecting your start. If it makes no difference to the start then again, it is needless.
-Podium animation? Absolutely no point in them.
-If anything the AI needs to be MORE aggressive, not less!
-There is a pit soundtrack.
-There is nothing wrong with the clock. It's a lot less of an eyesore than an official FOM HUD would be for a game.
-Yes the R&D needs improving. More likely to happen on the next gen version however.

It's probably also better if you use "I" instead of "We" when speaking your opinions. Not everyone wants the stuff in this thread. I realise it's probably a petition thread but that's just a way of telling people who disagree with you they're not welcome and that CM must listen only to those who agree.

^^^ do you work for Codemasters Winterdust? You seem to go out on a limb for them at any given opportunity

That's exactly the same as me asking whether you work for another gaming company that develops racing games as you seem to go out of your way to criticize everything they do. Do you not see how ridiculous you sound asking such a question?

I simply understand the limitations and why some decisions are made, whether I like them or not, as well as realising that there are much bigger priorities for improvement and have realistic expectations for what will be included.

I'm really not sure why so many people seem to want podium animations? Why? They add nothing

I’m afraid it doesn’t really matter what players want for F1 2014 now, it'll be pretty much feature complete at this stage if they’re shipping in October.

-Free practices would be nice, but if you've got your saved setups and the R&D is the same as it has been in previous games then they are unnecessary. TOTALLY DISAGREE!
-I like the idea of a formation lap, but only if it serves a purpose in affecting your start. If it makes no difference to the start then again, it is needless. TO YOU ONLY. I LIKE THE IDEA AS WELL-REGARDLESS IF IT HAS A MEANING. AS OPTION-FANTASTIC!
-Podium animation? Absolutely no point in them. AGAIN! TO YOU ONLY. IMMERSION MATTERS TO ME AS WELL. F1 2010 WAS BEST IN THIS REGARD. WANT TO SEE MORE OF THIS STUFF! AGAIN MAKE IT OPTIONAL. MAKE IT A DLC. I BUY IT!
-If anything the AI needs to be MORE aggressive, not less! AGREED! SMARTER NOT FASTER!
-There is a pit soundtrack. BARELY!
-There is nothing wrong with the clock. It's a lot less of an eyesore than an official FOM HUD would be for a game. YOU MISS THE POINT!
-Yes the R&D needs improving. More likely to happen on the next gen version however. YES SADLY. I HOPE WE FINALLY GET REAL TIME REPLAY ETC. 

Please see my responses to each of your 'points' above Wynterdust. Since you are obviously one of those 'straight to the point' gamers, that cannot do with immersion off-track stuff and garnish, that adds to the fantasy of being a F1 driver and nothing else I believe you will not heed any of my comments or think I am trolling.

No offense, but because of '5-minute quick quick' players like you being the majority CM caters for a lot of folks of older days are being left in the rain. 

None of the fluff should be stripped. BUT it should be optional and you and others, Wynter, should be allowed to play without it.

As I stated I am even willing to pay money for a DLC giving me that. But when I read '-Podium animation? Absolutely no point in them.' then it irks me as it feels as if there is no point to what I like. That gets me up in arms in a jiffy. 

Those are my 5 cents-have a grand day.

APR193 said:

I'm really not sure why so many people seem to want podium animations? Why? They add nothing

THEY ADD IMMERSION!!!

Try reading a book. Try to develop your capability to let your fantasy drive. Then come back and see a computer game not only as a mechanical 'do this and get this' type thing but more of a piece of art, that should also entertain 'in between the lines' so to speak.

I require intelligent entertainment, that has style. I hope this answers your question!? As long as there is a switch for you to turn it all off we are all happy-agree? :wink: 

MarkVenom said:
APR193 said:

THEY ADD IMMERSION!!!

Try reading a book. Try to develop your capability to let your fantasy drive. Then come back and see a computer game not only as a mechanical 'do this and get this' type thing but more of a piece of art, that should also entertain 'in between the lines' so to speak.

I require intelligent entertainment, that has style. I hope this answers your question!? As long as there is a switch for you to turn it all off we are all happy-agree? :wink: 

+1

Thats why I loved Geoff Crammonds games so much, they had this ability to completely draw you in and get lost within the virtual world.

Sifting through results, data, telemetry, lap charts, statistics, and making tweaks to the game were all part of the experience... 

Even picking up the GP2 booklet was like holding an immortal peice of F1 history. The game could be as simple or complex as you wanted it to be, and no one cared that each game was practically 2 seasons out of date upon release either.. they were a snapshot of history

MarkVenom said:
((Removing first quotes))

Please see my responses to each of your 'points' above Wynterdust. Since you are obviously one of those 'straight to the point' gamers, that cannot do with immersion off-track stuff and garnish, that adds to the fantasy of being a F1 driver and nothing else I believe you will not heed any of my comments or think I am trolling.

No offense, but because of '5-minute quick quick' players like you being the majority CM caters for a lot of folks of older days are being left in the rain. 

None of the fluff should be stripped. BUT it should be optional and you and others, Wynter, should be allowed to play without it.

As I stated I am even willing to pay money for a DLC giving me that. But when I read '-Podium animation? Absolutely no point in them.' then it irks me as it feels as if there is no point to what I like. That gets me up in arms in a jiffy. 

Is being a straight to the point gamer wrong? Did you miss the first part of the first two points I made where I said I would like to see them too?

When someone has to say "No offense" then they clearly know what they're saying will be taken as such. Where have I given the impression that I'm a "5 minute quick quick" (Whatever that even means) player? If you've read my points in other threads as well as this one properly you'd see that I'm someone who would like to see the game as a full blown sim with all the immersion that can be added. But only once the absolutely necessary elements are up to scratch (which they are not).

Also, as a hint of advice; don't try and judge what a person will think when you don't know said person, it makes you look silly. As a matter of fact, I know you are not trolling and only stating your opinions, (which is also what I've done which some people seem to snap at).

To put everything simply:

- "Garnish" is nice but not necessary.

- What's more immersive? Racing toe-to-toe with an AI that can race just as drivers do in real life, that attempt to outbrake you rather than backing off all the time, or a podium celebration which adds absolutely nothing to the actual gameplay (much like the parc ferme celebrations)?

- Are podium celebrations and practice sessions which contribute nothing more important than being able to have a multiplayer race where half the players aren't unsynced with eachother and bouncing around the track?

- Lastly, you've described the immersive elements as garnish. Well, the racing part of the game is the full steak meal then- Would you garnish a steak that's only half cooked?

MarkVenom said:
((Removing first quotes))

Is being a straight to the point gamer wrong? Did you miss the first part of the first two points I made where I said I would like to see them too?

When someone has to say "No offense" then they clearly know what they're saying will be taken as such. Where have I given the impression that I'm a "5 minute quick quick" (Whatever that even means) player? If you've read my points in other threads as well as this one properly you'd see that I'm someone who would like to see the game as a full blown sim with all the immersion that can be added. But only once the absolutely necessary elements are up to scratch (which they are not).

Also, as a hint of advice; don't try and judge what a person will think when you don't know said person, it makes you look silly. As a matter of fact, I know you are not trolling and only stating your opinions, (which is also what I've done which some people seem to snap at).

To put everything simply:

- "Garnish" is nice but not necessary.

- What's more immersive? Racing toe-to-toe with an AI that can race just as drivers do in real life, that attempt to outbrake you rather than backing off all the time, or a podium celebration which adds absolutely nothing to the actual gameplay (much like the parc ferme celebrations)?

- Are podium celebrations and practice sessions which contribute nothing more important than being able to have a multiplayer race where half the players are unsynced with eachother and bouncing around the track?

- Lastly, you've described the immersive elements as garnish. Well, the racing part of the game is the full steak meal then- Would you garnish a steak that's only half cooked?

Great points and arguments.  I appreciate the civility as well. 

I agree completely with your priorities. You can't build a mansion without a foundation. 

But come on, CM have had 4 years now to get this right.

MarkVenom said:
APR193 said:

THEY ADD IMMERSION!!!

*Tips fedora*

If fantasy is so important just use your imagination to fill the blanks in, in between races. I agree with Wynterdust, I'd much prefer the core mechanics of the game to be improved, instead of some rinse and repeat podium animation. I enjoyed 2010's live the life aspect, but that wasn't the best part of the game, it was when the racing was close, so I'd prefer the effort to be spent on the racing

MarkVenom said:
-Free practices would be nice, but if you've got your saved setups and the R&D is the same as it has been in previous games then they are unnecessary. TOTALLY DISAGREE!
-I like the idea of a formation lap, but only if it serves a purpose in affecting your start. If it makes no difference to the start then again, it is needless. TO YOU ONLY. I LIKE THE IDEA AS WELL-REGARDLESS IF IT HAS A MEANING. AS OPTION-FANTASTIC!
-Podium animation? Absolutely no point in them. AGAIN! TO YOU ONLY. IMMERSION MATTERS TO ME AS WELL. F1 2010 WAS BEST IN THIS REGARD. WANT TO SEE MORE OF THIS STUFF! AGAIN MAKE IT OPTIONAL. MAKE IT A DLC. I BUY IT!
-If anything the AI needs to be MORE aggressive, not less! AGREED! SMARTER NOT FASTER!
-There is a pit soundtrack. BARELY!
-There is nothing wrong with the clock. It's a lot less of an eyesore than an official FOM HUD would be for a game. YOU MISS THE POINT!
-Yes the R&D needs improving. More likely to happen on the next gen version however. YES SADLY. I HOPE WE FINALLY GET REAL TIME REPLAY ETC. 

I call them trophy grinders, they want an arcade game that is super quick to roar through with complete disregard to realism. 

If fantasy is so important just use your imagination to fill the blanks in, in between races. I agree with Wynterdust, I'd much prefer the core mechanics of the game to be improved, instead of some rinse and repeat podium animation. I enjoyed 2010's live the life aspect, but that wasn't the best part of the game, it was when the racing was close, so I'd prefer the effort to be spent on the racing

I agree. I don't even play career mode, as the grand prix mode is a better pure racing experience.

I agree that AI is unable to overtake well, I doubt if AI uses KERS properly. What I mean is, AI is too stupid, not too aggressive.

Today I nearly spinned my car, blocking the ideal line. AI was driving 75 meters behind me. But AI did not get off throttle, nor did it get off the ideal line. It intentionally crash into me, ruining its front spoiler. lol ...