Jump to content Jump to content

Jensen Button

DANDREWTHOMSON

He won't be, but I do wonder if his number 22 will be available to use in career mode. I was going to use that but I remember them not allowing 46(?) last year because Vandoorne used it in Bahrain. Minor thing.
He won't be, but I do wonder if his number 22 will be available to use in career mode. I was going to use that but I remember them not allowing 46(?) last year because Vandoorne used it in Bahrain. Minor thing.

The number 47 is not allowed in 2016 lol. 46 was allowed in 2016  ^^
Old F1 games had indeed drivers who stepped in and with button being scanned for the older games it should be no problem to include him, however it might be tricky with the FOM licensing and also in theory button could be only used in Monaco and only for one off race its not reasonable to invest resources to bring button into the game
F1 99 by Studio 33/Psygnosis had stand in drivers you could choose (Mika Salo was in both Ferrari and BAR lol).

Even further back, F1 World Championship: Beyond The Limit (1994; covered 1993 season) on Sega Mega CD had all the real life driver swaps during the championship mode (as well as car upgrades, etc)
Seriously said:

The number 47 is not allowed in 2016 lol. 46 was allowed in 2016  ^^
Yeah, that one lol I forgot which one he used.

Would be neat if they put things like previous driver models and helmets they've had in the game for us to use if we wanted. I quite like the idea of playing a hypothetical season as Button in this years Mclaren or something. Heck I'd play a season as Kobayashi if they did that :lol:
no they won't as it's only a 1 off appearance it's hardly worth it just for the one race.
That's actually a load of crap! The game is supposed to be a reflection of the 2017 season so Jenson Button as a team member for McLaren/Honda should be there for the Monaco race- NO EXCUSES on this, yeah?!
no they won't as it's only a 1 off appearance it's hardly worth it just for the one race.
That's actually a load of crap! The game is supposed to be a reflection of the 2017 season so Jenson Button as a team member for McLaren/Honda should be there for the Monaco race- NO EXCUSES on this, yeah?!
CM won't make it happen because it's not worth their time simple as that.
F1 2016 had Rio Haryanto for the whole season because they couldn't be bothered to include Ocon for the remaining season. Why would they do it for Button?

Archived