Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally Championship

Following on from the success of the Codies F1 League Championship we’re pleased to announce the first Codemasters DiRT Rally Championship.

Season one of the DRC will focus on Rally and Hillclimb events from DiRT 3 and we’ll be asking players to team up (or fly solo) and submit their best times for 3 stages each week. All we're looking for is the times you set so you don't need to even be on the same platform or online at the same time as your team mate. 

As a bonus event every Wednesday evening the plan is to run live multiplayer exhibition events on our Twitch TV channel featuring stage runs, Rallycross races and some of the lighter multiplayer game modes, it's just for a bit of fun so don't worry if you can't make it.

To sign up you need to post the following:
  • Your team name
  • A team logo (if available)
  • The names of the members of your team but if you want to run solo that's fine.
  • The platform you’ll both be playing on (you don’t have to both be on the same platform)
  • If you would like to be part in the livestreams (events to take place on Wednesday’s at 8pm UK time)
There’s no limit on how many people can take part and anybody is welcome to sign up. Applicants from online racing leagues are also welcome to represent their league and the DRC is open to anybody on any platform at any skill level.

You have until the 1st of May to sign up.

Standings

Let me be the first to sign up

team Name= Team STP
logo
STP_Dabhaidh
Vorttz

pc platform both

TBN of livestream events even though i know vorttz uses twitch tv.

• Apex Online Racing

•  DC MagiK - RyanL95
  • Xbox 360
  • we would be interested in the livestreams

Count me in

Team Name: RPM Racing

Drivers: Avenga76 & SkiddyMcCrash

System: Both PC

I won't be able to make the live stream because of time zones. I am in New Zealand so it will conflict with work.

I just brought myself a PC-DVD copy of Dirt 3 so I can run it at version 1.1 because it doesn't have the telemetry bug introduced in Dirt 3 1.2, the steam version won't let you downgrade. Not sure what I am going to do when GFWL shuts down because I won't be able to upgrade. But running 1.1 will probably stop me from playing multiplayer anyway.

Yes, I am of Scottish and Irish ancestry.

Both my Scottish and Irish sides moved over to New Zealand in the 1860's. My brother has moved back to London and he did a tour of Scottland, He said it was Awesome. He visited our ancestral home which was cool. We have a really unusual spelling of the name Macnaughtan and we weren't a very big clan.

I would really like to go over to Scotland someday but it is a very long flight from New Zealand. I could only imagine how hard it was for my ancestors on the boat. I know they stopped in Cape Town on the way.

what a co-incidence my wife has relatives in NZ auckland i believe going by the maiden name of little then sutherland, She came over here when she was like in her 70s in 1986 to see her brother dont know if she is still living .If she is alive then Annie would be in her late 90s prob.

I believe it was a three month journey on a boat .

Got a question. Would the events be every Wednesday evening? The thing is that I race over at GPVWC.com in Porsches every other Wednesday but I'd love take part in this as well.

Damn my sim racing career! :P

CarBoyCam said:
Got a question. Would the events be every Wednesday evening? The thing is that I race over at GPVWC.com in Beetles every other Wednesday but I'd love take part in this as well because carrot is looking at competing, and he's my fav team mate.

Don't worry boss, I fixed your typos!

• Your team name : Granite Speed
  • The names of the members of your team : DJ Jenns (Dave C) and CurlierPenny29 (Doug R)
  • Format : PC

CarBoyCam said:
Got a question. Would the events be every Wednesday evening? The thing is that I race over at GPVWC.com in Porsches every other Wednesday but I'd love take part in this as well.

No I'll give people 5 days to submit their stage times, the Wednesday night things are just for a bit of fun if enough people want to get involved

Anyone want to race with me? I'm on PS3 (only controller, soon to be on Logitech G25!)
Hey, I'm barely average at the game. But I'd like to take part in this little competition with you if you are still looking for a team mate. Also on PS3. 

what a co-incidence my wife has relatives in NZ auckland i believe going by the maiden name of little then sutherland, She came over here when she was like in her 70s in 1986 to see her brother dont know if she is still living .If she is alive then Annie would be in her late 90s prob.

I believe it was a three month journey on a boat .
Small world, I am from Auckland also. I looked up the exact dates and my Irish side came over in 1851 which was only 11 years after the treaty of Waitangi. My Scottish side came 11 years later in 1862. Both immigrated right in the middle of the Māori land wars. It must have been very hard for them with the massive boat trip only to be thrown it to the middle of a war. My unlce has written some history about my ancestors back in Scotland here http://waikowhai2.wordpress.com/perthshire-macnaughtans/

Avenga76 said:
Yes, I am of Scottish and Irish ancestry.

Both my Scottish and Irish sides moved over to New Zealand in the 1860's. My brother has moved back to London and he did a tour of Scottland, He said it was Awesome. He visited our ancestral home which was cool. We have a really unusual spelling of the name Macnaughtan and we weren't a very big clan.

I would really like to go over to Scotland someday but it is a very long flight from New Zealand. I could only imagine how hard it was for my ancestors on the boat. I know they stopped in Cape Town on the way.
Braveheart lives

unfortunately Avenga the page cannot be found, but i empathize with you about the long travel  in what must have been horrendous conditions, never seen you online before because of the time difference , I believe we are 11 hours behind you here in scotland anyway and it would be good to race some of our fellow competitors for some practice online before competition starts ?.

here is a link on monte carlo with my custom scottish car , Hope you like.

I have fixed the link.

Yeah I am +11 from you guys in the UK so it makes it hard, plus my ping time would be outrageous if I am playing on a UK server. I have really fast internet 40mb/10mb but when I test it to a server in the UK it drops to 3mb/1mb and I get around 300ms ping.

I could give it a try but I think my car would be lagging out and jumping all over the show.

BTW your link didn't work.

I have really good internet too and we could try a session some time.
http://youtu.be/p-jLJdWtm1k
my speedtest results local then to auckland
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3452710699
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3452704394

So maybe if i host the game we should be ok .
What times are you usually online Avenga, Team stp use teamspeak to communicate.

• Your team name: xRage Rallying
  • A team logo (if available)
  • The names of the members of your team: xRage xNemesis & XRAGE XENIGMA
  • The platform you’ll both be playing on (you don’t have to both be on the same platform): Xbox 360
  • If you would like to be part in the livestreams (events to take place on Wednesday’s at 8pm UK time): no thanks

Anyone want to race with me? I'm on PS3 (only controller, soon to be on Logitech G25!)
    If nobody else has chosen to, I'll happily take part. I'm on PC, although that doesn't appear to be an issue. Unlikely to be able to do the livestreams, as I'm in Australia.

Anyone want to team up with me? I'm on the Xbox 360 Gamertag: XXyuraCORFxx I'm pretty damn good at the game so I'd like a good teammate but really anyone is fine!

I've updated the first post, a few people have said they don't have anybody they can team up with so if you want to run like Bobby Kubica and fly solo that's fine. Just sign up as normal :)

Team Name: Redline Racing 

Members: XXyuraCORFxx (solo for now).

Platform: XBox 360

Twitch Wednesdays: Will participate whenever possible!