DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally Championship

dotmartin said:
Well that sucks, Monte is the bomb! Probably the best content in DiRT3, in my humble opinion.
I agree, it would be great to do a rally there. It is an awesome track, and I am lucky enough to have the DLC on PC but for those who are new to DiRT 3 on the PC, they don't have the option of buying the DLC.

It would be a bit stink to host a round at a track that some people don't own or can't get. I could also see how some people might not want to buy the DLC just for 1 round of the DRC.

Avenga76 said:
dotmartin said:
Well that sucks, Monte is the bomb! Probably the best content in DiRT3, in my humble opinion.
I agree, it would be great to do a rally there. It is an awesome track, and I am lucky enough to have the DLC on PC but for those who are new to DiRT 3 on the PC, they don't have the option of buying the DLC.

It would be a bit stink to host a round at a track that some people don't own or can't get. I could also see how some people might not want to buy the DLC just for 1 round of the DRC.
Monte Carlo does have some majestic tracks. Great looking and very technical tracks. Great fun. Too bad about availability. Shibuya is great fun as well but that's RX so not really part of this I guess.

Maybe we'll do Monte as a bonus round at the end? Seems a bit unfair to ask people to buy the DLC to take part

@JustBigLee i would deffo do a monte track as bonus , And maybe in open class ?. IMHO monte carlo is the best looking of all the track packs maybe it was a different graphic guy who done them because they look so much better than stock tracks.

And this exactly what is the problem with DLC, you go online, nearly noone has it so you barely play it online, and it can't be used in championships etc. because "It's not fair". The content is a lot more expensive and it's used a lot less. I bought it anyway because well, it's Monte Carlo. But it would be nice to reconsider this whole DLC thing, I'd rather just pay more for the game and get extra 'free' content later if that's really the issue.

But yeah, a bonus round would be great :D

And this exactly what is the problem with DLC, you go online, nearly noone has it so you barely play it online, and it can't be used in championships etc. because "It's not fair". The content is a lot more expensive and it's used a lot less. I bought it anyway because well, it's Monte Carlo. But it would be nice to reconsider this whole DLC thing, I'd rather just pay more for the game and get extra 'free' content later if that's really the issue.

I could only click one of the Agree, Like, Awesome buttons. This comment deserves them all. 

DLC's needs some re-thinking in the online world we live in today. Make it something else. I want to be able to use my newly bought car, livery, track etcetera in the game I play. Not just half of it. 

dotmartin said:

I could only click one of the Agree, Like, Awesome buttons. This comment deserves them all. 

DLC's needs some re-thinking in the online world we live in today. Make it something else. I want to be able to use my newly bought car, livery, track etcetera in the game I play. Not just half of it. 
Come on guys don't give me a hard time about that, we learnt that lesson so don't worry.

Come on guys don't give me a hard time about that, we learnt that lesson so don't worry.
Once again, why is it not possible to click more than one like button! :) This is great news, can't wait to learn more about your ideas on this subject. 

Hi,

My idea for Monte as a Bonus only MK2 In OPEN

:D

The Volverine - Results are out ?

Cant wait for a new Challenge

Big thx for Big lee for this Competition i like it

have fun

yar72 - Mike

Sorry not been about much at all this week guys, I've been doing the Race Stars stuff and its sucked away all of my time. I've just got home from work, give me an hour or two to have some dinner and calm myself and I'll have round 4 posted up and a results table for you. :)

(In other news F1 Race Stars is now out for the iPhone and iPad)

Thanks for results! Good fight with yar this week! Unfortunately, hadn't enough time to get closer to Stuntmanmike, good win :)

Gj Dave, first place in Team Standings, would you think of it when teaming up? hah

@justbiglee, May I suggest something Lee, if you have a second please put overall Team Standings along with overall Drivers Standings (if done) to the first post, much easier to follow the stuff. :) If it comes to Driver Standings, will we have time from all rounds summed up or there will be points for each one? Would be great to know how quick or slow I can be in round 4. 

how does team rating works? i dont understand it

*edit*

i think i get it. what a pity... If we would have knew that you rate team like this, DeviL and me would have posted our time also.

Well, it's not that hard to figure it out...:
One driver can get maximum of 10 points per round. 1st place-10points, 2nd-9points etc. You have only one driver in team, so you have 10 points because Mike has won all rounds. But you don't have a second one so your second driver gives you 0 points.
On instance, looking at Dave and me in team STP, e.g. last round I was 3rd, so got 8 points, Dave was 4th so got 7 points. In total 15.
Not sure though if in the same way we count overall Driver Standings(I mean, by points).

Thats correct, anybody who put a team name down as instructed each round is counted. It then goes 10,9,8,7... and so on. 

So if you are in a team of one the odds are stacked against you.

I didn't put my teams name (RPM Racing) on my times for rounds 2 and 3. I wondered why I hadn't scored any team points.

Sorry Avenga74

X_X

Thank you Vorrtz :) was a close battle on both rally stages between me you and yar ! i was under stress there last day ! but can´t find yar in the results ? :( he did great times.
Thank you lee for posting the results, lets move on to norway :)

For the final week I'm going to let you guys nominate the stages and car classes.

Each of you can nominate one stage/event and I want you to submit your suggestion like this.

[Event] eg. Rally
[Country] eg. Norway
[Stage] eg. Kantvegen
[Car Class] eg. Group B

That will then finish of this season of the DRC and we'll do bonus round 6 on Monte the following week :)

[Rally ]

[Kenya]

[Taveta Descent]

[Open]

@justbiglee I'm sorry mate, I do realize you have plenty of work but if we can't get general standings of Drivers after 4 rounds could we be at least informed how points are calculated? :) Then everyone interested can do quick math and see where he is.

Is it 10,9,7 points etc.. system like for teams other one?