Jump to content Jump to content

Why did you remove all the things from 2010 onwards that added more immersion and fun into the game? So you could cut development costs? It really makes no sense. Take a look at F1 CE. You could learn a thing or two about immersion and what "Live the Life" is. You better step up your game, Steve (quite literally). If you expect your franchise to continue to thrive, then give us a reason to buy your games.

live the life would be good if it was done right it needed a lot more added to it. I want to be able to interact with my teammate with the manager and especially the engineer, don't want to set my car up I want the engineer and mechanics to do that for me using information I gather on the track, it makes practice days worthwhile.

pointless thread, live the life was awful, I played the game to race not to answer generic questions, career mode is also awful too

That's why they should give you an option to skip it. 

Don't ruin everyone else's experience just because you're in a haste to get on track.

ckevinc1 said:

live the life would be good if it was done right it needed a lot more added to it. I want to be able to interact with my teammate with the manager and especially the engineer, don't want to set my car up I want the engineer and mechanics to do that for me using information I gather on the track, it makes practice days worthwhile.

Exactly, so instead of removing it entirely, they should have reworked it, not throw it in a scrap pile altogether.

rather than having a stupid repetitive 'live the life' system I think they should focus more on multiplayer, leagues keep this game alive

Actually I would value a good AI system combined with good physics and a decent career mode over a league any day.

Yes but career more can only keep you interested for so long whereas league racing keeps you coming back as it's actually competitive whereas the AI are 2+ secs slower on legend

League racing is good and all, but what about the rest of the time when you want to play the game but it's not the time for a league race? Plus not everyone can stick to a league schedule. Then there's only a small chance of finding a group of people who are all of a similar pace to yourself.

League racing is a smaller group of players for this game thus it should not be the main focus.

Many people prefer playing single player.

Depends on your pace, I've been struggling to adapt to my new wheel so expert is more than enough for me for now. League racing is quite boring for me, I'd enjoy racing against friends more.

Thats the benefit of racing in a league, they become your friends, I'd give it a go.

Already have. I play way more than anyone in the leagues I participated.

League racing is good and all, but what about the rest of the time when you want to play the game but it's not the time for a league race? Plus not everyone can stick to a league schedule. Then there's only a small chance of finding a group of people who are all of a similar pace to yourself.

League racing is a smaller group of players for this game thus it should not be the main focus.

I'm sorry but leagues keep the game going, they attract the people through out the whole games life cycle, that's why I've got 500 hours on the thing, AI are just too slow, leagues are the biggest part of the game

I'm sorry but leagues keep the game going, they attract the people through out the whole games life cycle, that's why I've got 500 hours on the thing, AI are just too slow, leagues are the biggest part of the game

Most people pick up the game because of the career mode. They want to feel like a driver and race against the real drivers. Then, once they get tired of that (if they ever do, considering there really is a lot of stuff to do offline), they go online and start racing against people. If they are quick enough and serious enough about winning, they may, or may not search for a league. Now, considering that a new game comes out every year, there is usually enough content to keep people playing until the next one comes out.

You've missed the point completely.
So because you've clocked that many hours in a league means everyone else has as well? So the players that prefer single player keep playing the game for the wrong reason?
There is a good reason why CM have focused more on single player than multiplayer over the years. One guess as to what reason that is. (Hint: It isn't the generic 'hilarious' answer that keeps getting bleated by the same few people on here).

(Edit: Note to self. Use quotes.)

^ Wynterdust has a point here. Leagues are good and all, however for people with full time jobs and other commitments it can be very hard to maintain a schedule to participate. You also have to factor in the international nature of online gaming, for people outside of Europe it can be very hard due to varying timezones and whatnot.

If Codemasters had refined offline physics and AI over the years not so many people would turn to leagues to get their adrenaline rush, more would opt for the convenience of single player. Unfortunately Codemasters has identified their consumer base to be more interested in quickplay options and has actively catered to that target audience. This has resulted in the people wanting a more fulfilling experience turning to online leagues because Codemasters has failed (or chosen to ignore) that particular sector of the market. 

I personally beleive there is no reason why Codemasters cant cater to both markets, they are certainly capable of doing it. The current state of play doesnt represent (in my view) 4 years of honest development and refinement on Codemasters behalf, making it increasingly difficult for some of their consumer base to justify paying full price for a new game each year

Well I'm always going to dislike playing against AI in any game. I hate single player games so that's probably why, I hope at least we can agree that codemasters are awful. They ask people what they want, ignore it all and then bring out a re hashed game each year. Even EA could do a better job...

Well I'm always going to dislike playing against AI in any game. I hate single player games so that's probably why, I hope at least we can agree that codemasters are awful. They ask people what they want, ignore it all and then bring out a re hashed game each year. Even EA could do a better job...

Dont get me wrong, im not disagreeing with the fact that they have removed features that were once in the game.. personally I think its coorporate suicide to charge the same amount of money for a product many perceive to be of equal or lesser quality than its predecessors. 

Some may say "vote with your wallet", however that argument becomes void when Codemasters is the only option for a current officially licensed F1 experience. If I was sailing the ship at Codemasters, I would make it my personal responsibility to honour the 64 year history of the sport, and if I failed to deliver on that promise I would put my hand up and resign from my position, taking full accountability. I dont get that sense of passion from Codemasters, all I see is dollar signs. OK fair enough they have a business to run, however you have to give a little to take a little. This sport has taken lives away from loved ones, it has to be treated with a certain degree of respect and dignity.

This is just my opinion of course, ive been proven wrong before and probably will be many times again

I completely agree. Although the AI still needs a lot of improvement, F1 2013 has the best AI out of all racing games out there. This is Codies strength and their bread & butter. If I wanted to play online multi-player, I would go to iRacing. (I did iRacing hard-core for 7 months)

Why did you remove all the things from 2010 onwards that added more immersion and fun into the game? So you could cut development costs? It really makes no sense. Take a look at F1 CE. You could learn a thing or two about immersion and what "Live the Life" is. You better step up your game, Steve (quite literally). If you expect your franchise to continue to thrive, then give us a reason to buy your games.

I agree in terms of F1 CE being a lot more ambitious F1 game. I have tweeted Steve before asking him to take another look at F1 CE, Formation laps, Failures, Podiums, All official race weekend sessions, ability to watch Ai cars in all sessions,  better damage model, dedicated career mode starting as rookie, classic content. Yeah sure the graphics are not too good and the handling is really twitchy but they crammed so much in there.

Here is the link to my tweet to Steve and his reply:

https://twitter.com/WayneSimbo/status/314324452789858304

I completely agree. Although the AI still needs a lot of improvement, F1 2013 has the best AI out of all racing games out there. This is Codies strength and their bread & butter. If I wanted to play online multi-player, I would go to iRacing. (I did iRacing hard-core for 7 months)

You are right on! Minus the few annoyances here and there, Codie's AI are hands down the most fun to race....I won't be on f1 14' because I jumped on the next gen bandwagon a bit to soon but I'm really hoping they bring back the practice sessions  and the interviews with maybe a little more depth to them...and add in the formation and cool down laps, some people disagree but those small things can add a lot to the immersion and the feeling of actually racing in f1

I get that '14 is just a gapper, but I already feel like they could have at least improved the game as it is to it's maximum potential (60 FPS, better AI, decent graphics that wouldn't impede the 60FPS, and a few other things). I really don't think this game will be worth more than $40 from what we've seen so far.

I could be wrong because I'm not in the business, but I would sure like to be. ;) (hinting: hire me CM)