Sign in to follow this  

[F1 2013 VIDEO] Bahrain 3-Laps as Lewis

Please watch this F1 2013 Bahrain video of 3 laps as Lewis. This video doesn't even do it justice as everything's even clearer during the actual race on my monitor but if you look carefully at 1:32 into the video, I ran too wide and I took 2 of my wheels completely into the lower gradient kerbing. That's why I swayed a bit to get back on track. I believe that's how the track is in real life. Great job on this Codies, as I believe the kerbs are correct and spinouts are rare as a result as long as you drive the right way.

Looks to me like the car was shot onto the track by the kerb. At least, that's what would have happened to me. However, it only happens like that when I am giving it throttle, but it feels and looks like it's the front of the car that's being affected by the kerb. Maybe that's what is throwing me off on the whole thing.

You could have just posted this in my thread as it pertains strongly to the topic. 

Oh, and the way you titled it makes it look like a fake F1 2014 hotlap video, just so you know. Very misleading and misinformative.

I never stated F1 2014 hotlap anywhere.

Yeah, but everyone on here is looking for F1 2014 news so when someone puts a title saying [VIDEO] everyone (including me) thought it was a 2014 video. If you put {F1 2013 VIDEO} then there would be no issue.

Oh, and the way you titled it makes it look like a fake F1 2014 hotlap video, just so you know. Very misleading and misinformative.

Yeah I thought the same as well...

There's multiple reasons as to why I created this video as a separate discussion:

1. This is the easiest and clearest way to answer all the nonsense kerbing & spinout talk and multiple discussions(ie - "Message for Steve").

2. I wanted to open people's eyes to what's current out there and promote more PC buyers and players. You don't have to wait for the muddy & grey next gen consoles and the issues, problems they present. They will never play and look as good as PC's and no mods either.

3. I wanted to put another video here to challenge Codemasters to try to beat the look of 2013 with the NEW 2014, not just keep posting the same graphics with new audio files with their future hotlap videos.

Is this clear enough for you as to my intentions?

There's multiple reasons as to why I created this video as a separate discussion:

1. This is the easiest and clearest way to answer all the nonsense kerbing & spinout talk and multiple discussions(ie - "Message for Steve").

2. I wanted to open people's eyes to what's current out there and promote more PC buyers and players. You don't have to wait for the muddy & grey next gen consoles and the issues, problems they present. They will never play and look as good as PC's and no mods either.

3. I wanted to put another video here to challenge Codemasters to try to beat the look of 2013 with the NEW 2014, not just keep posting the same graphics with new audio files with their future hotlap videos.

Is this clear enough for you as to my intentions?

yeah but they've all but indicated their not planning to change things too much anyway they're trying to get 2014 done with as little work as possible so they can focus on next gen. They won't be looking to change the graphics until they release 2015 which will be the first next gen outing. So your challenge is really just a waste of time.

Yeah I thought this as well that's why I clicked on it.

Well, F1 2014 sure looks like a fake F1 2013 with a new engine sound file so it's only fitting to give it a fake title, lol.

What does this thread have to do with "PC over next-gen"?

In "Message for Steve" I wasn't talking about the kerbs. I was talking about immersion and general enjoyment. Different topic entirely. 

Honestly, this thread seems pointless.

In "Message for Steve" I wasn't talking about the kerbs. I was talking about immersion and general enjoyment. Different topic entirely. 

You wrote a ton of worthless posts in this forum. One point of this thread is to expose this.

Even in F1 2015, PC will be better than the next gen console versions. All Codies development is done on PC's first, then ported to consoles. Come to reality.

You wrote a ton of worthless posts in this forum. One point of this thread is to expose this.

Even in F1 2015, PC will be better than the next gen console versions. All Codies development is done on PC's first, then ported to consoles. Come to reality.

I've made three different threads discussing three different topics that CM needs to improve upon and/or fix. How is that pointless? I'm giving them feedback, which should be used to improve the quality of their product(s). Remind me of how that is "worthless".

Who the hell cares? Good for you, if you play on PC, awesome. We all know that PC's are more flexible and have more power than last-gen, but next-gen potential hasn't even been close to reached by developers. Some of us have reasons for not playing on PC. All the OP really said was "PC > console". Honestly, no one cares. We can make our own educated decisions.

All the OP really said was "PC > console". Honestly, no one cares. We can make our own educated decisions.

"3. I wanted to put another video here to challenge Codemasters to try to beat the look of 2013 with the NEW 2014, not just keep posting the same graphics with new audio files with their future hotlap videos."

Read my statement above. This is another point of my thread. I want CM to spend more time developing the PC game, not just focus their efforts on trying to catch up their console versions to PC. I would like them to actually further the game for 2014 & 2015 on PC.

I'm really concerned about F1 2014. Don't really see the point in buying this one so far. Judging from 2014 Alono's hotlap video, the engine sounds much better in Assetto Corsa. Plus, I heard that fuel mix strategy will be gone in the 2014 game. Why??? I love this strategy as it makes a difference and also like to be kept busy while driving. The new ERS system better be awesome. There needs to be improved physics, further improved AI, overall better gameplay etc...GIVE ME A REASON TO BUY THE GAME!!!

So far, I've purchased: F1 2010 & F1 2011 for ps3, F1 2012 for xbox, and F1 2013 for pc. So far, I haven't seen any improvement in the 2014 video, very disappointing. Please codies, show me!

I'm really concerned about F1 2014. Don't really see the point in buying this one so far. Judging from 2014 Alono's hotlap video, the engine sounds much better in Assetto Corsa. Plus, I heard that fuel mix strategy will be gone in the 2014 game. Why??? I love this strategy as it makes a difference and also like to be kept busy while driving. The new ERS system better be awesome. There needs to be improved physics, further improved AI, overall better gameplay etc...GIVE ME A REASON TO BUY THE GAME!!!

So far, I've purchased: F1 2010 & F1 2011 for ps3, F1 2012 for xbox, and F1 2013 for pc. So far, I haven't seen any improvement in the 2014 video, very disappointing. Please codies, show me!

It's just a hotlap. We didn't get almost anything besides graphics and sound from that video. I'm almost positive that it isn't the final build, either.

This new ERS that's replacing the DRS better be incredible. And saving fuel by lifting thingy better be good. Not sure why this matters so much, as I don't recall any driver running out of gas in real life 2014 during the race.

This new ERS that's replacing the DRS better be incredible. And saving fuel by lifting thingy better be good. Not sure why this matters so much, as I don't recall any driver running out of gas in real life 2014 during the race.

It's not about running out of fuel, smart one. It's about exceeding the 100kg/h of fuel flow limit. Why do you think Ricciardo was disqualified from Melbourne?

It's not about running out of fuel, smart one. It's about exceeding the 100kg/h of fuel flow limit. Why do you think Ricciardo was disqualified from Melbourne?

Thanks for the tidbit. I freely admit that I don't know all. FYI, you really need to try out PC max settings version of 2013. You don't know what you're missing!

this is an open forum where we are all free to post what where and when we please!i enjoyed the post and video,if anyone else doesnt like it,tough luck,maybe we dont like everything that you post but good manners cost nothing, you dont have to comment on other users activities, do you?

fil140 said:

this is an open forum where we are all free to post what where and when we please!i enjoyed the post and video,if anyone else doesnt like it,tough luck,maybe we dont like everything that you post but good manners cost nothing, you dont have to comment on other users activities, do you?

I meant no offense to HartGoesHARD. My apologies if it came across that way.

As do I, excuse any negative tone that may come across from myself. I find that common sense lacks in our world, and haven't got much patience. 

Here I was thinking this video had something to do with 2014, the title is very misleading whether that was your intention or not... Regardless there is little point talking about the 2013 game now since they won't change anything in 2014 except for new cars/rules basically.

2015 is next-gen on a completely new engine so physics like this won't be the same.

Andi said:

Here I was thinking this video had something to do with 2014, the title is very misleading whether that was your intention or not... Regardless there is little point talking about the 2013 game now since they won't change anything in 2014 except for new cars/rules basically.

2015 is next-gen on a completely new engine so physics like this won't be the same.

Agreed. Regardless of intention, the thread title is misleading. I think it was to garner thread views and traffic. Shady way of getting attention.