Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indy 500

I thought I'd start a thread ready for tomorrow. I'm excited to see how Alonso does. He has the reactions of a cat, so I'm hoping he makes its past the first lap. 

I will try and find some sort of stream for the race tomorrow, obviously hoping for the best for Alonso!

Failing that, I'll obviously be supporting the Brits, Chilton and Harvey, and I love all of the IndyCar banter crew (Daly, Andretti, Hinchcliffe, Rossi, Kanaan), so any of them I'll be pleased too haha.

Supporting Alonso. If that doesn't work, supporting Karam.

If that doesn't work, then I'll hope Power or Castroneves don't win.

I don't have to find a stream, one of the perks I have with my BT broadband, I have the channel included for free on Sky B)

Anyone think they are all going to group up and bully Alonso? :joy:

Nearly time, I just hope Alonso can make it through the first few laps. 

Pisses me off, BT have the contract for the series, the biggest race and they can't even be bothered to send a team out to present it, especially when more eyes are on it this year. Even Sky and BBC have people out at the curcuit... 

Well, BT's reputation of only being interested in how much money they can make is backed up even more ;)

And I hate to admit it, but I'm actually liking the American coverage quite a bit! And so far I can't remember seeing any talking fucking animals on their adverts...

Not for me, I get the BT channels for free :p I don't have to put up with ad breaks every 5 seconds like in the US. 

Goddamnit, they just had a talking owl advert. I take back what I said.

Is it on BT Sport ESPN then? They have Keith Collantine on the mic when the Americans take an ad break right?

Lol you spoke too soon then. 

Yep, they still have ad breaks, but not the same amount as US coverage. 

Alonso is looking really comfortable. Up to P2, sadly a long way to go. 

Edit: P1

What the hell, you didn't tell me Suzi Perry was hosting the BT coverage. Fuck no, I'm going back to the advert filled American coverage :p

And Alonso is leading! With how Indy works it might not last, but he is looking very strong so far :)

So Dixon cars is completely ruined, and he gets out unaided, amazing. 

Christ, they even do crashes bigger in America. One hell of a smash.

Gonna be interesting to see now how Alonso handles his first restart while leading.

If his car landed a foot further, his head would have hit the barrier, a car also went underneath him whilst in the air. 

Uh I tweeted a video of it, my phone is going off non stop with notification, only posted a second ago look. 
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/868876509402066944

Holy crap, that was a biggie, thank goodness they're alright.

So far brilliant job by Fernando, keep it together my son!

Dude I'm up to nearly 100 retweets after a few mins, my phone is now on silent lo

Lol my phone is on fire :joy: I'll now spread my viral all over you guys. That'll teach me to put the indy hashtag in. Bonkers, I tweet some great joke, get one retweet, post a video of a crash and get loads, social media is a funny place. 

You bastard.

All these sexy ladies retweeting, that counts as pulling doesn't it :joy:

It's a shame F1 can't be like this, you literally have no idea who will win. 

Only halfway through the race, my belly is bloated with beer. Only planned to have one, but I've drunk another two on top in quick succession, I'd fit right in with the American crowd. 

With how well Alonso is really doing, I can't help but think an IndyCar switch next year might not be a bad idea. McLaren have little chance to dramatically improve, and there won't be a seat for him in any of the big 3 teams (Merc will re-sign Bottas without a doubt). He could have an extremely good chance of winning the IndyCar championship though.

Also this is making me really want a proper IndyCar game.

Forza has Indy cars :p Once you've done 200 laps like I did a while back that's enough :joy: The road tracks would be more fun though. 

I love the whole thing so far, the whole event is just so cool, I have got to go one year! It's my ambition, as I'm sure it is for all of us, to visit all 3 of the Triple Crown events at some point in my life.

Fernando still looking strong, working well with team mate Rossi, although they've lost a bit of ground to Hunter-Reay. No doubt they'll catch him soon enough though.