Sign in to follow this  

Simple steps to avoid save corrupt data on xbox 360

There's two ways you can do this.... Use cloud to back your save file say.... Every week? Get a memory stick to. Will cost you 2 pound maybe? Just to be sure back your file up on that. It works trust me. For the people that aren't willing to even consider this or want to take the 'I shouldn't have to back up to could because Im lazy'  option then just don't dashboard your game. take precaution when turning your xbox off and make sure your not doing either whilst the game is saving/loading.... They're pretty simple steps. 

only if the save that u back up actually loads up again. you have to check that before backing up or you could have saved an already corrupted game. that happened to me the first time.

now what i do after a big session is. turn off game, then check it loads up again without corruption then turn back off and back up save file .now you definitely have a safe save to start from

only if the save that u back up actually loads up again. you have to check that before backing up or you could have saved an already corrupted game. that happened to me the first time.

Isn't it easier to keep the last 3 savings in folders with date they were created and make backups on a daily bases so you never lose more then q day?

This is how I always make backups from my savegames if the last one is faulty too I go one step further back.

But always keep the corrupt one with the mosrt progression as it happens more that when a problem like this gets solved the patch sometimes restores the the corrupt saving.

Even still, it's good to check if your current save still works, that way you don't go through the motions of copying a corrupted save. But, yes, that is a good idea; I do the same thing. Two saves, one in a "New" folder, one in an "Old" folder. But, I always check the most recent save after either a long session, or whenever I'm done. 

i understand now how the save corruption happens, the glitch and how it can be exploited to earn lots of money. i'll explain when i get to a keyboard

So what i found was that luckily i backed up game just on the verge of corruption: meaning that on that game if i did anything like a race or a challenge or car repair(anything that prompts the game to save) and turned the game off and then back on the game would be corrupted. thats what i mean by verge of corruption.

I had a Cat C Cruze that was jumping up in value when the game was turned on. I sold that car 2.4m replaced with a new one. the game saved so i turned off then back on and it loaded fine with no corruption. Woo hoo i saved the game. Anyway i carried on like normal realising that my Cat A car was doing the same and a few others. so i backed up making sure the file was safe and loaded up properly. 

Last night i did an experiment: I loaded up a challenge then backed out to make the game save, then turned game off then on again and all those cars jumped up in value again.

Back up save file and repeat- all cars jumped up again. 

it seems to reach a random limit and when it gets there it will corrupt. Sell the car when you reach the point of the game being corrupted the next time it gets turned on. you sell the car and then the game is no longer gonna corrupt. Follow me?

Cat A car was 1.2m did the expriment. checked the game loaded and backed it up. Then was 2.7m or something. next time 3.9m then 5.8m. backed up. try it again -corrupt. loaded up the file where its 5.8m sold the car and the the game will work after another in game save. 

Basically just be careful if u see your cars jumping up in value in silly amounts. if u wanna be safe just sell them if u see this happening and u shouldn't get corrupted. You can get caught out as i did on my first game when i didn't understand this so regular back up is a safe bet. If u understand it and can be bothered it can get u a lot of money but is time consuming. i did this on my cat a car to see how many times it takes before it corrupts. But it seems random so watch out. sorry this is long but i hope it helps

Oldmodelt,

If you want to exit the game with out issues just follow these instructions.

Go to options,

Driver details, 

new driver,

click yes, you will then will be exited to the press start menu. you can dashboard it from there.

.simples.

wtf does that have to do with corrupted games sasblink. turn the game off however u want it doesn't affect it. what i explain up there shows how to avoid it and possibly exploit if yr careful to get more money. saying dont dashboard and be careful is as useful as throwing pixie dust on yr console and saying candyman 5 times everytime u power down or praying

wtf does that have to do with corrupted games sasblink. turn the game off however u want it doesn't affect it. what i explain up there shows how to avoid it and possibly exploit if yr careful to get more money. saying dont dashboard and be careful is as useful as throwing pixie dust on yr console and saying candyman 5 times everytime u power down or praying

I was not talking to you, did I quote your name? -_-

And what does it  got to do with corrupted saves?

Well you can corrupt your save quite easily and permanently by turning the game off while its saving. Im sure you know this, But it was not directed at you, it was directed at the person who asked the question and I'm giving a little insight to them so don't get your knickers in twist. -_-

Maybe this will be the content of the patch? A convoluted list of instructions / button presses on how to exit the game, complete with prayers and fairydust?!!! :smiley: 

I've had four corrupt games.... I have a backup on memory stick so it's not been too much of a problem.  Three of the corruptions happened after cars got to level 50 and  I bought the engine upgrade, one corruption happened after I bought level 3 tuning options for the focus.  So now I've started selling my cars when they get to level 40 or so and I don't buy any level three tuning options... I've not had a corrupt save for two weeks.  

Hope I haven't tempted fate here lol :)