Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 Wales Rally GB - Help!

hope it's ok to use this forum for this subject as a rally fan.

really need advice on going to Wales rally gb! Anyone here done it all before? 

Hoping to go on the Saturday, is it easy to get from stage to stage or are they too far apart and are you just stuck on the stage you choose?

i went to the cholomendeley castle last year and was thinking of finishing the day off with that but I really want to experience some real stages and am not sure how to go about it!

any help is much appreciated

When I've done it before I've stayed in the same stage all day, seen the internationals, then nationals and internationals agin, but that's quite a long way of doing it. Best way is to check out the maps and stage timings to see what you can organise

This is the route for 2017 http://www.walesrallygb.com/mobile/spectators/route_information.php?utm_source=WRGB+Ticket+Buyers+2016&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WRGB17+Spectator+Newsletter+-+May 

only an hour between each stage generally seems quite to move between? But never done it before and just need advice really 

It's difficult to get between stages compared to lots of rallies. It might say an hour between them, but you will be parked a long way away from the stage unless you get there very early (read: the night before).

That said, on Saturday this year, two stages should be possible for three passes in total. But my recommendation would be pick a 'morning' one to see twice, then see if it's possible to get to one of the night ones. I'm planning Gartheinog and Aberhirnant.

Normally they run all the stages twice for the internationals and once in between for the nationals. There's normally a small gal in between, so there's time to move and find a different spot to watch on for each pass, which is just as good as watching from a different stage. Plus you get to see me (as long as we get our entry in!)

Normally they run all the stages twice for the internationals and once in between for the nationals. There's normally a small gal in between, so there's time to move and find a different spot to watch on for each pass, which is just as good as watching from a different stage. Plus you get to see me (as long as we get our entry in!)

Is the National itinerary out? Curious as to whether they'll run them between or after the international passes on the earlier Saturday stages.

On the Saturday this year you'll be able to do 3 stages. I'm doing both runs of Dyfi before heading to Aberhirnant in the dark. 

Thanks for these tips, I guess my next question is which stage combo is best to do if only a couple are feasible - it seems aberhirnant may be worth a look

Either Dyfi or Gartheinog, both are excellent although I slightly prefer the latter for spectating. Aberhirnant is recommended if you're doing two stages as it won't be as full as the other one being run at night. Probably.

I'd recommend getting to stages early, as the car parks tend to be near big spectator points with a lot of people, and once the stage goes live you can't move, so best to get there early so you can find either a better spot further down the road or a spot near the front of the spectator area