Sign in to follow this  

Buyer Beware...

After I suffered from the dreaded Corrupt game save I thought I would do some research on returning a game and getting my money back. Firstly I'm in Canada so here is the law here, on any software/movies/music there are NO refunds. All these fall under "the copyright law" and can only be returned (for another copy of the same product) if you can prove that it's defective (scratches/cracked etc) or, in my case bring the PS3 into the store and show them that the game is faulty (being nice:) and then they will only give you another copy of GAS... Even though the problem lies within the disc...every disc! I contacted three leading stores in Canada and sent emails directly to the head offices as well as talking to salespeople in each store... always the same... Buyer Beware. 

I agree, the problem is, i agree CM somewhere a little mistake, but in this case the problem is not in the CM, at least they tried to fix the problem, but the biggest problem is the bureaucratic sluggishness of Microsoft and Sony, from two weeks to a month to consider the introduction of the patch !?

fanticUA said:

I agree, the problem is, i agree CM somewhere a little mistake, but in this case the problem is not in the CM, at least they tried to fix the problem, but the biggest problem is the bureaucratic sluggishness of Microsoft and Sony, from two weeks to a month to consider the introduction of the patch !?

The patch got rejected by Microsoft

@likewise I'm in the same boat so that's why buying games requires more awareness in the first place, in the long run it actually helps. @fanticUA CM should have had the corrupt save figured out way before releasing GAS, no excuses. Think about it, your creating something in this case a video game and releasing such a product with a couple of bugs some of them being critical to the overall experience namely the corrupt save. I'd say this is the equivalent to building a car without a reverse gear. What do you do? We'll never know for sure what they had planned out but it's obvious that the testing is incomplete or they released it knowing that an army of gamers (you, me, everyone else) would immediately speak up in turn become unpaid beta testers and to top it off the DLC while the game is being fixed. The reality is that some have simply stopped playing, are angry and complain yet keep on playing (mostly out of desperation) or give up on GAS altogether. @RobMUFC1987 unless you work directly with CM or Microsoft I'd take your comment with a large grain of salt unless you can prove it. Hopefully the patch, in my case for PS3 will solve the majority of bugs but I'm not holding my breathe due to the fact how they have handled GAS from the beginning. Grid2 had something like 5-6 DLCs each $5-$7 so your really paying for a $100+ for a incomplete game if you choose to keep up. It has become the norm with the gaming industry so we can only expect so much nowadays :(

The patch got rejected by Microsoft

Proof, and what is the reason ? Loore such not speak, and if this is true (which I doubt)...

dancan said:

CM should have had the corrupt save figured out way before releasing GAS, no excuses.

Not argue, this problem emerge with each new game, from DiRT3

Loore did such speak. It was he who told us the patch was rejected.

It was rejected because it did not fix the save game issue.

kimdurose said:

Proof, i had ever seen, and I watch all the topics (may have missed), he only said that the patch has been sent, we have to wait to appear when MS and Sony will push the button

kimdurose said:

It was rejected by microsoft when they found another issue that could potentially cause another corrupt game save.  Sony did not reject, but since the code is the same CM pulled it from Sony since it too could potentially cause another corrupt game save as well.

Damn, Lets try that again:

Loore said:
Thought it easier to create a new thread on this :)

Update on the console patches 14/08/14

Microsoft found an issue late last night which resulted in corrupt saves (different method, same outcome). As such we've had to pull the patches or we'd be back at square one, we would have fixed one thing only for another to take its place. Despite the PlayStation patch passing we've also pulled it from submission due to the bug also being present in it.

We are currently in the process of creating a fix for this issue and the patches will once again go back into submission later today / tomorrow. We expect these patches to speed through the early stages of submission and pick up where they left off, as a result we're expecting them to go live by the end of next week.

Appreciate this isn't the news you want to see, and it's not the news you deserve to read, for that I can only apologise. Given the nature of the issues that were found the last thing we want to do was make matters worse. The issue at hand was incredibly difficult to spot (hence why neither us or Sony saw it) but we have no option other than to fix it.

It is in the corrupt save file/console patch thread