Sign in to follow this  

Washington Hill Circuit in Lancia (Week 8 Racenet Challenge)

Any tips for this one? I've been round it hundreds of times now and can't get Platinum, though I am only a couple of tenths off. Yet from the leader-board there's plenty of times 5-6 seconds faster than me. I'm in a fully spec'd car, though not sure about the right settings and the only helpers I have on are Automatic gears and ABS.

I should probably add that this is not a convoluted cheat accusation thread; there are far too many people ahead of me for that to be a possibility. I know I'm pretty rubbish but I'd genuinely like some tips or even a video of a sub 2:10 time if anyone has one.

It's all in the first half of the first lap, and that is mostly in luck's hands. Going into the first 90 degree right hander, try to pass as many cars as possible as cleanly as possible, and by cleanly, I mean trashing everyone making sure you maintain control. I came out of that corner in 4th on my best run, but it took MANY restarts.

It's quite difficult, took me a few tries. It got to the point where I had to be only a second slower compared to a clean lap on the 1st lap at 42 seconds and the final 2 laps at 41 seconds

Well, although what I say is worth what is worth, I did 2m 05.2s and I dont cheat and I dont want to do it again... I use wheel no aids (except ABS) and have a car with full custom setup. First lap was 41s and the other 2 were 39's. If you go wide on the last 2 rights its possible to do 38's quite easaly, but its also very easy to get a cut warning, which means that in a race where its so hard to get rid of the PC cars, its not worth it.

I dont have any videos, but Zodh has one when this was the time attack track+car, doing a very low 38s. He is also thrustworthy.

Hope it can help.