Sign in to follow this  

T500/T300 + dirt 4 = broken still?

Munken77 said:
I played for 3 hours Yesterday, no disconnect, ps4 t500 rotation 540
50% rotation?
No! 540 degrees, you press the mode button, at the same time you press the direction button to the left, the red light will flash 4 times , you do it again, and it flashes 3 times= 540 degrees

Munken77 said:
Munken77 said:
I played for 3 hours Yesterday, no disconnect, ps4 t500 rotation 540
50% rotation?
No! 540 degrees, you press the mode button, at the same time you press the direction button to the left, the red light will flash 4 times , you do it again, and it flashes 3 times= 540 degrees
thx i will try later

Just tried the 540 degs and I still got disconnected after about 9 laps (6mins). So I guess we need to wait for codemasters to fix this big issue ASAP.

I think theres been some confusion. The 540 degrees is to fix the apparent weak ffb on the T300. Nothing to do with the disconnection issue on the 500.

Oh ok thank for that.
If anyone gets the T500 working on the PS4 can you please let us all know ASAP.

Cheers

I have a T300 and on PS4, I never found a problem with the feedback on Dirt Rally and don't find a problem on Dirt 4. Ok it's not wrenching the arms out of you at every turn but does it really need to.

Try turning off tyre slip as a ffb configuration..

i did some testing last night with my t500 on ps4 with only the two top ffb options enabled at 50% (all others off) and it stopped the disconnecting issue... not ideal I know but at least makes the game playable.

As a side note...when I tried turning on *tyre friction the disconnecting error came back immediately, I haven't tried re-enabling the others yet but I'll post back later after I've tried them 1 by 1.

-alex

So are they working on this issue for t500/ps4?? On Xbox/pc there are no such issues. Is Sony trying sell us the garbage g29? If they wont fix ASAP then ima sell everything and never touch a Sony product again. Bunch of greedy Japs!
I fail to see how this is anything to do with Sony, the wheel is not supported in the game (look at the supported  devices for the game). Codemasters are working to patch in support for the T500 so should be sorted soon.  To  blame Sony is just ridiculous, what would they have to gain by forcing you to buy a g29 or any other wheel for that matter.

Because a guy from CM said that this wheel is not supported somewhere in this forum. So I would rather believe him? I guess u didnt know that and just googled it up?

ShansGT said:
Thanks Alex.
I will also try it later. And let you know how I go cheers
I just finished the community challenge, all ffb settings on bar soft lock and tyre friction and no disconnect after 4 stages! Hope it works for you also :)

I've tried this but with the 1st 2 set at 99 and all others set at 0 and can confirm that it's stopped my T500 disconnecting HOORAY 

ShansGT said:
Thanks Alex.
I just finished the community challenge, all ffb settings on bar soft lock and tyre friction and no disconnect after 4 stages! Hope it works for you also :)
Alex your the best mate it worked. Great job mate.

Now lets hope codemasters reads this fix and does a patch for it soon, as I think the game feels alot better with the SOFT LOCK AND TYPE FRICTION on.

I have all the other FFB settings at 150,
with both SOFT LOCK AND TYPE FRICTION at 0
 = T500 working. Happy days.

Thank you very much.

Cheers Shans

madwak said:
I've tried this but with the 1st 2 set at 99 and all others set at 0 and can confirm that it's stopped my T500 disconnecting HOORAY 
ShansGT said:
ShansGT said:
Thanks Alex.
Alex your the best mate it worked. Great job mate.

Now lets hope codemasters reads this fix and does a patch for it soon, as I think the game feels alot better with the SOFT LOCK AND TYPE FRICTION on.

I have all the other FFB settings at 150,
with both SOFT LOCK AND TYPE FRICTION at 0
 = T500 working. Happy days.

Thank you very much.

Cheers Shans

Glad it worked guys :), happy rallying!

-Alex

ShansGT said:
Thanks Alex.
It works! Played for 3 hours without an issue so far. Thanks Alex for saving us T500 users. Good compromise without feeling that much different. I didn't have to increase rest to 150, but might try to see if it compensates for losing some subtle FFB feeling. Now I don't have to be stuck with a controller.

Funktioniert! Jetzt ist Codemasters an der Reihe einen Patch zu veröffentlichen um das Problem endgültig aus der Welt zu schaffen.

Is working! Now, Codemasters is to release a patch to make the problem finally out of the world.

Ok that's a fix that works....HOWEVER..with those ffb options turned off the car has no 'feel' so you don't know whether it's understeer, oversteer, no grip etc. 
codemasters please make a fix so it works like Dirt Rally does.

Dytut said:
T500 isn't an official PS4 wheel. Seems strange that DR had it and not D4 though, so hopefully codies will be able to fix proper support for it. Unless Sony have become real asses and forbid games supporting unofficial controllers.

Would be nice to get to know for sure why it isn't supported, but if it's something infected between Thrustmaster/Sony about licensed peripherals I can understand Codies not wanting to talk much about it.

On the website of thrustmaster they say that the t500 is compatible on the ps4 with dirt 4.
EN - Your racing wheel is Force Feedback-capable on PlayStation®4 (*) with:
FR - Votre volant est Force Feedback sur PlayStation®4 (*) avec:
DE - Ihr Rennlenker ist auf der PlayStation®4 (*) Force-
(more) Feedback geeignet mit:

- ASSETTO CORSA
    - DiRT RALLY™
    - DiRT RALLY™ VR
    - DiRT® 4
    - DRIVECLUB™
    - DRIVECLUB™ VR
    - F1 2015
    - F1 2016
    - F1 2017
    - GRAN TURISMO® Sport
    - GRAVEL
    - Nascar Heat Evolution
    - Nascar Heat 2
    - PROJECT CARS
    - PROJECT CARS 2
    - SEBASTIEN LOEB RALLY EVO
    - THE CREW™
    - THE CREW™ WILD RUN
    - WRC 5
    - WRC 6
    - WRC 7
 This is from the website of Thrustmaster. Dirt 4 is on the list. So codemaster dont tell us its not on suppert list.
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t500rs-en/

Anyone having trouble with Rally Cross events and T500RS? Im using the Fix (all force feedback on 0 but the first two) and on eally crosses events I can't drive. It I move just a little bit my wheel, the car will spin.

For the suggestion from RBRSideways, I put the SOFT LOCK back to 100 and kept TIRE FRICTION at 0 (which seems to be causing the issue) without experiencing a problem. Able to set good times still and have feeling for the car.

Anyone having trouble with Rally Cross events and T500RS? Im using the Fix (all force feedback on 0 but the first two) and on eally crosses events I can't drive. It I move just a little bit my wheel, the car will spin.
Try making the front suspension and anti roll bar stiffer as some of the cars tend to come round on you very easily under heavy braking.