Sign in to follow this  

Dirt 4 Sequential manual plus h pattern with clutch

I got dirt 4 today and I'm a little disappointed that the option for shifting that made it so you have to use the transmission authentic to the car.  Such as an older car you have to use the h-pattern and clutch and not the paddles but in a modern car with sequential gears i could use the paddles.  It is a little annoying having to change it my self every time I switch cars.  Dirt rally had this feature...why take it out?  Am I missing something?  Otherwise i love the game so far.  Hope this can be added in an update.

Argh, somehow I KNEW this would get missed with Dirt 4. It was added to Dirt Rally quite late during the Early Access development process and I just had a feeling it would be one of the little tweaks that the devs would end up forgetting about.

Really disappointed this got missed.

I was hoping that they would have a sequential + clutch option that would cover all cars. Makes it much easier for controller users.

Well i am trying to keep calm before I give a negative response for this game to my friends and go back to the original dirt rally..cause i can't understand why they would leave out that option....felt like a granny with my two hands on the steering and watching the driver change gears for me..kinda annoying.Hope they add it in soon.

This is unacceptable. Are the devs afraid we can't drive? Are they afraid we'll hurt ourselves? It's like a warning on a ketchup bottle!

Wow no clutch for controller I am extremely mad. Why make a racing game and you can't use clutch on controller yet it says you can but you actually cant. I will take this game back tomarrow and go back to playing forza. I hope the people that made this game burn in hell I will never buy a dirt game again period.

Hey guys it's there..Just go into Difficulty Settings and scroll down with keyboard down arrow keys or mouse wheel..You can select H-Pattern,Sequential and others.

1. The option which OP is talking about is not in the difficulty settings, he's looking for SEQUENTIAL MANUAL PLUS H PATTERN WITH CLUTCH, which was in Dirt rally, I also would like to see this put back in as I don't have a clue which cars should have which transmission. 

stevefoz said:
  1. The option which OP is talking about is not in the difficulty settings, he's looking for SEQUENTIAL MANUAL PLUS H PATTERN WITH CLUTCH, which was in Dirt rally, I also would like to see this put back in as I don't have a clue which cars should have which transmission. 
I agre they should bring it back. In the mean time you can check the garage. It shows the type of gearbox for every car.

+1.
so far this is my only real gripe with the game, I know we can work around it by setting the option manually ourselves before each race, but it would be nice to just grab a car and go, with the game deciding which gearbox to use for us. 
As it was implemented in DR, its a real shame D4 wasn't shipped to have it. 

I got a refund from steam after pre-order. 200+ hours in Dirt rally with G27.. Loved manual shifting.. Not buying Dirt4 till I get a H-shift option

This is a joke... Seriously !

I don't understand how they don't even think about this before releasing their game. And it's not like they don't have a wheel while programming the game... I mean C'MON Codemaster ! Get your sh!t straight !

PS ; other than that I love your game ^^

Hey Codemasters, this discussion was started in 2017 and still no reply from devs!? A lot of us are missing this feature from Dirt Rally. It can't be too hard to add to Dirt 4 , can it?

anakondis said:
Hey Codemasters, this discussion was started in 2017 and still no reply from devs!? A lot of us are missing this feature from Dirt Rally. It can't be too hard to add to Dirt 4 , can it?
Now you know why so many of us were/are deeply frustrated with Codies and the way they handled Dirt 4.

it should make a system like on asseto corsa its change automatically according to the type of transmission of the car

it should make a system like on asseto corsa its change automatically according to the type of transmission of the car