Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Day One - DiRT 4 v1.02 - Found a bug? Post it here!

Kenny1962 said:
PC: I notice that the 4 wheel drive cars are very unstable. They dance a lot. I barely put my foot on the brake and the car crossed the road. I don't know if it is normal. 
I don't feel FFB in some places of the road, but in RX and Landrush are very good.
I would like to hear more gravel hitting under the car.
Sorry for my bad English
Thanks 
I have had the same problem
I don't know if that is normal from the game or not

Xbox one bug

Thrustmaster tx 
No wheel friction adjustment option I menu. Everything else is there

lserr2 said:
versedi said:
lserr2 said:

If you are a real driver, not necessarily a pilot, you know that is possible: You press the clutch, engage the first gear, release the clutch a bit and the car moves at low speed, forward or even backwards. The fact is you do not have to press the throttle to get the vehicle moving. Yes, you reach a low speed and if you do not manage well the clutch, engine dies.

I want to reproduce this behavior in Dirt 4 with keyboard. I think that would make the game more fun, realistic and could be useful in racing situations.

Isn't that a bug or I can make it happen?

Not possible.

I've updated my post on previous page with important information about possible bug in ban system at Pro Tour. 

versedi said:
lserr2 said:

If you are a real driver, not necessarily a pilot, you know that is possible: You press the clutch, engage the first gear, release the clutch a bit and the car moves at low speed, forward or even backwards. The fact is you do not have to press the throttle to get the vehicle moving. Yes, you reach a low speed and if you do not manage well the clutch, engine dies.

I want to reproduce this behavior in Dirt 4 with keyboard. I think that would make the game more fun, realistic and could be useful in racing situations.

Isn't that a bug or I can make it happen?

Not possible.

I've updated my post on previous page with important information about possible bug in ban system at Pro Tour. 
Not possible in game or  driving a real car, do you mean?
I did many times while parking, with different cars in my life.
Sorry, I'm just learning to get into the Pro Tour.
Thanks.
In game of course, sorry for not being accurate. 

In career mode, National Rally A, second stage of Michigan Wood Rally freezes my computer and USA National Open crashes my game making it impossible to advance in career mode, very frustrating!

I've just started playing Dirt 4 on PS4.
It's great, but there's a loud crackling sound in some cars when changing gears, and when decelerating/revs dropping without braking.
Is this normal?!?
I've watched loads of videos, and what I'm hearing is way more harsh and unpleasant!
I noticed a couple of errors when I loaded the disc to the system, but it let me continue anyway.
Do I need to delete and reinstall?

PC, running max settings on a beast rig. Game looks great. I see a problem with he way dust renders in the replays. When the car is coming towards the camera, the dust fx look fantastic. When the car is moving away from the camera, however, the furthest dust sprite (closest to the car) renders on top. basically, it appears as though the dust sprite layer order is backwards when the car is moving away from the camera. Please have a look, thanks.

PC

Not really a bug but Pace-Notes, if possible, need to be tweaked. The biggest issue i have is when after a fast section ( e.g. big straight ) if there's a hairpin, or a very slow corner, the note for it get called too late.

Setting the notes to Earlier, doesn't cut it. The ones after fast sections start getting called ok'ish ( but still a bit late ), and all the others too earlier to my taste ( 5-6 notes get called, and i'm still on the first one ).

This is an interesting one, my crew chief wants to repair damage on my bodywork, but I'm unable to do so myself (I was able to disable repairing it after he flagged it for repairs but not flag it for repairs myself) 

http://imgur.com/a/yLekA

winsonerp said:
In career mode, National Rally A, second stage of Michigan Wood Rally freezes my computer and USA National Open crashes my game making it impossible to advance in career mode, very frustrating!

Use bonnet cam only fix atm

DJDweeb said:
I've just started playing Dirt 4 on PS4.
It's great, but there's a loud crackling sound in some cars when changing gears, and when decelerating/revs dropping without braking.
Is this normal?!?
I've watched loads of videos, and what I'm hearing is way more harsh and unpleasant!
You don't like anti-lag sounds? WHATS? How is that even possible?

Hi, I'm on Xbox one and just won the contemporary open rally and was apparently awarded the Peugeot 306 maxi and a sponsorship from repco, however neither the car is in my garage nor is the sponsorship available. Where did they go?
Also is it just me or is the centre differential torque bias slider the wrong way around for the 4wd cars? I move the slider as far rear as possible and the cars behave almost completely fwd, then when I move the slider as close to front as possible the cars drift around happily like a rwd. It really annoyed me at first as I prefer my cars to lean more towards oversteer than under steer and I thought it was just the way the physics were that made the cars extremely understeery and unable to hold a slide.

Hi all, just a quick note to say thank you so much for your feedback. We are listening and looking into your issues, and hope to have some updates for you soon regarding the concerns you've raised. Please keep it coming!

Just installed the game PS4 and I got patch 1.03. Anywhere where I can find the patch notes? When you look at the 1.03 patch it points me over here.

P308R said:
Just installed the game PS4 and I got patch 1.03. Anywhere where I can find the patch notes? When you look at the 1.03 patch it points me over here.
First page, first post:

- Improved non-English co-driver logic
- Your Stage improvements
- Graphical optimisations
- Stability fixes
- Minor bug fixes

and me only looking through the last few pages....thanks Versedi

edit: Checked first page. Only talk about patch 1.02 and I recieved patch 1.03. No mention of that.

P308R said:
and me only looking through the last few pages....thanks Versedi

edit: Checked first page. Only talk about patch 1.02 and I recieved patch 1.03. No mention of that.
1.03:
ark13700 said:
According to a tweet it's just for stability 

well i hoped that i shouldn't 've made a comment on this but after a couple of hours playing i've found some easy to fix bugs and some complains.

bugs:
Sometimes there are two backround songs playing at the same time.
The spotter at landrush is sometimes very late (sometimes to late) with calling cars that are on the inside.
The rallycross spotter does tell you where you will come out when everyone does the joker lap but doesn't tell you which place has taken the joker.
Body damage doesn't always get fixed when you repair and/or clean the car. 
The gages (dont know how to spell it) in the RS200 rallycross car dont work.

complains: 
The AI on the starts in rallycross are way to hard. You might get a perfect launch but AI are just OP. But on landrush they are awful. The launch from the AI is good but as soon as you go in to second gear you pass the like they are standing still.
I always do some training before a race event but when you get damage that doesn't always get fixed and you are on the start with a damaged car without you being able to do something about it (apart from not crashing in training).
I dont know if this is a bug or it should be like this. Why cant we restart a race when you press 'abandon race'?I find this annoying. If you have a big crash you have to finish the race (apart from when the game ends your race by giving a instant replay). I dont like it when you have to finish a stage or race with big damage or a puncture or when you get a penalty for flying of and you stage/race is over. I would like to see back from another angle what went wrong. On Dirt Rally this wasn't a problem you crashed, retired, watched back what went wrong and restart again. On Dirt 4 you can retire and watch the crash back but cant restart the race. 

Maybe some of my complains are a bit dumb but let me know what you guys thinks.

Co-Driver doesn't inform about going wrong way.

Not sure if this is intended but there's no information for players without HUD...

Small bug, but still:

When doing the community events sometimes my time doesn't come up in the leaderboards after the stage. They're there when I check afterwards. Some timeout issue? Since the game knows my stage time I'd appreciate if it just rams my (uncomfirmed) time in there if there's a problem uploading it so I can at least see how I did.

This is not a bug and it's not the right place to say it, but here it goes:
We should be able to choose what tyres to use. 
It would be nice :)
Thanks

FFB dtops off intensity on long events (rallies and RallyCross)  

I've felt a huge drop off in FFB not only the intensity, but the specific feel of the FFB, wheel and road effects. Not sure what's going on, but if I pause, go into options, change FFB by 1% and reenter game it's fine again.  Usually happens on rallies more than 4-5 miles or the 6.5 - 8 minute rallies.

I'm sure it can be reproduced it happens to me often.

Xbox One Thrustmaster TX servo base with EVO 599XX wheel,  with Tp3A pdeals nd TH8 shifter.

RMKIP455 said:
FFB dtops off intensity on long events (rallies and RallyCross)  

I've felt a huge drop off in FFB not only the intensity, but the specific feel of the FFB, wheel and road effects. Not sure what's going on, but if I pause, go into options, change FFB by 1% and reenter game it's fine again.  Usually happens on rallies more than 4-5 miles or the 6.5 - 8 minute rallies.

I'm sure it can be reproduced it happens to me often.

Xbox One Thrustmaster TX servo base with EVO 599XX wheel,  with Tp3A pdeals nd TH8 shifter.
I have the same problem with FFB in Rally. In some places i don't feel it, but if i go out of the road i feel it well. This is on PC

My ffb drops off as I cross the finish line which is a bit of a bugger if I'm turning at the time, the sudden lack of resistance on the wheel makes me turn a bit more and I end up knocking all the flags down :smiley:

Cannot feel jump landings and bumps nearly at all (using Logitech G25). Same with both rally and landrush..and despite tweaking ffb settings.

Ps4: the car won't go forward only in reverse even in gamer I'm on a controller