Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Day One - DiRT 4 v1.02 - Found a bug? Post it here!

If you guys at Codies can add Monte Carlo, Germany, Finland and Greece, in my opinion that is more than enough rally locations especially using your stage. Then add another 3 or 4 rallycross tracks along with 2 or 3 more landrush tracks. It would be pretty much perfect in terms of locations and places to race at if that is the case. Maybe add a few more cars like the Skoda R5, Citroen DS3, and maybe the Toyota WRC test car as a DLC? Just some additions that in my opinion would make this great game even greater. Then its just about fixing the bugs to complete the game. 

When driving any of the cars the cars change gears before the driver pulls the gear stick. This happens when gearing up and gearing down. The telemetry shows the gear number either increasing or decreasing before the driver is actually changing gears. Please fix!!
That's probably deliberate, so the car changes gear the moment the player presses the button rather than wait for the avatar's hand to travel to the shifter first. If it happens in automatic, then it could just be the same logic: car changes gear -> begin shift animation. 

Malyngo said:
One little issue with setting up the input bindings:
I am using a Logitech Driving Force GT. The standard setup is that Gear Up/Down are on two buttons each: The paddles, and the sequential stick.
But as soon as I map this to something else, I cannot add a second mapping. So I can only choose 1 if I map stuff myself.

Would be good to also be able to put things on more than one button.
You could try changing that via the actionmap in the gamefiles

HEY PEOPLE

We need understand Codemasters team developers, i think they know aboute all bugs in the Dirt 4 which you write there and in steam community, and they now do all for fix it.

Dont be aggresive and take patience and wait some, while Codies create new patch.
Or you think they now on Hawaii with juice? I think they now trying to fix all bugs, its not easy like you think.

Game nice, but need some fixes, need wait some.
And, Codemasters, add Otbrack,, Transporter and CnM please

Anybody noticed that Nicky Griest's is often headbanging at the marshalls ? :D 

Hi everyone !
PLATFORM : PS4 - GAME - DIRT 4
I know that Thrustmaster 500rs is officialy  not  supported but it works ...
it works till the 5 min of gaming  everything is great then game show me a info that i was changed a controler and the wheel i turned off, game is paused and whell going max to left and max to right the same way when you put wheel ON and then i press button continue and everyting is work but game cant see gas pedal, i need to OFF and ON again and it works for 10 minutes again, 
its very frustrating, someone can help me? 

Hi everyone !
PLATFORM : PS4 - GAME - DIRT 4
I know that Thrustmaster 500rs is officialy  not  supported but it works ...
it works till the 5 min of gaming  everything is great then game show me a info that i was changed a controler and the wheel i turned off, game is paused and whell going max to left and max to right the same way when you put wheel ON and then i press button continue and everyting is work but game cant see gas pedal, i need to OFF and ON again and it works for 10 minutes again, 
its very frustrating, someone can help me? 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/271372/#Comment_271372

mesa said:
Anybody noticed that Nicky Griest's is often headbanging at the marshalls ? :D 
I just noticed that too. ahahahahahah

**--Major Bug --**

I was given a DNF twice once during today Daily Event after completing stage and attempting to look at Leaderboards... Game Crashed, kicking me beak to Xbox Dash Board.... When I restarted Dirt 4 and went to event I was listed as DNF, although my time was listed on Leaderboards s 3:39,

Weekly event with Audi, I completed two stages and again attempted to check leaderboard after finishing the second stage.  I was again kicked out of game and listed as DNF when I returned.

FFB dropping out after 2/3 sectors in Rally.... All remaining is wheel resistance.  I reported this but it occurs almost every rally race.  
Hopefullly these bugs make the list for the first patch.

Again Xbone platform using the TX wheel with 599XX and TP3A pedals and TH8 shifter.

Not a bug but a suggestion:

Please remove the countdown in multiplayer if I have my HUD completely disabled in settings or at least move it to someplace where it won't make my gear display unreadable. 
I would like to not know I'm not first until I see the leaderboards. 

Ran into another bug that just killed the fun in community events for me. had over 15 minutes added to my total time in the weekly for no obvious Hreason. I noticed on one stage my stagetime didn't show up on the leaderboard. if such a bug is causing a random 15 minute addition to your total time this has just ruined mp for me... Screenshot is showing my overall result in the nr4 weekly. as you can see my stagetimes add up to a total event time of 31:41.101, NOT the 47:23 the game says is my total...
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/847088940544408324/61715C8999AD733C8D694B31ED85C14B82C4F89F/

Wiper blades bug:

If you use your car's wiper blades by switched ON manually and finishing a stage and go to the marshall, the Dirt 4 algorythm switch OFF the wiper blades without any Question...
However during replays the wiper blades still waves without stop!

Minor bug on PC (apologies if this has already been posted):
During shakedowns, the codriver call distance seems to be fixed at the default, but when you start the stage it changes back to whatever you have it set to.

Noticed  ingame that there are a  few corners that have been repeated and/or  look the same on alot of the stages. A bit like copy and paste it there lol

In the first service area where it says you need upgrades, I try to upgrade my Lancer's turbo and the game crashes when I press the turbo icon. It has done it the two times I tried. I tried it on another event and it still crashes, 3/3 crashes.

T3ZZA13 said:
Noticed  ingame that there are a  few corners that have been repeated and/or  look the same on alot of the stages. A bit like copy and paste it there lol

Not really a bug, that's just how YourStage works

In today pro truck daily you are able to Tune Vehicle after the first run. 

PC: Please improve the cars handling and FFB.
In Dirt Rally everything was better.
I have faith in you Codemasters! ;)
Thanks

I love the game, it is better than Dirt Rally. Cars are finally cars and not 100kg hoverboards. Sure the rear grip is a bit excessive but it will be patched. 

Now to some issues i have found, the AI really needs to be tweaked ;) In some cars they are unbeatable, did a career event in the BMW E30 and the AI beat me with around 1min in every stage. I then checked the leaderboards and yeah the AI beat the WR with over 40s. No wonder i couldn't keep up. Here are some screen of the stage times.
AI times
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/847088265649449305/B878F4279019F8CF642E575751C263E1EEBC7ABB/

Leaderboard times:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/847088265649450259/A9E1CB0E224B2AA2EC05D95BAB3B5D8CB164E5C6/

Also in the Fiat 131 Abarth the AI is way to easy in Spain ;)
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/861725582633501239/2A203AAE99CFEFC7993E1D0355988895D54516DF/

Just wanted to say the unnatural feeling of the superlight cars in DR is gone VERY good work on that codemaster <3

Hello!
Console: Xbox One
My game has crashed many many times after a stage when I was looking at the leaderboards, but now Im triggered... So I was again looking at the leaderboard after the last stage of the montly event and again my game crashed and when I got back to the game I had a DNF on the montly event, but still my name is on the leaderboard atm Im #25 Jokke, so there goes my well earned price money and propably wont get the achievement either.

Don't know if this is a bug but the mid race failures don't actually do anything, they're just a noise. The component isnt even damaged when you get to the service park