Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Day One - DiRT 4 v1.02 - Found a bug? Post it here!

Areyouben said:
For those with crashes, both AMD and Nvidia have released new GPU drivers for DiRT 4.

Yes, but it did not solve the rain problem! Until now, you can not ride with a view from the cockpit!

Areyouben said:
For those with crashes, both AMD and Nvidia have released new GPU drivers for DiRT 4.

Yes, but it did not solve the rain problem! Until now, you can not ride with a view from the cockpit!
I agree on that, I tested it yesterday before going to sleep and this problem is still there, still need tp go into ultralow to avoid crashes....might need to go back to an earlier driver version (probably to 17.2.1)

Also, please do not double post, it's annoying

If i set RAIN on some cross track or on some landrush track. after loading race and before tart race my PC freeze and i need disable power from my computer for restart it ((
If i play with NO RAIN all fine all work and i can start race

This is Erorr whioch create game
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<CrashRpt version="1404">
    <CrashGUID>6ae4d665-21ac-492b-bf37-fab41fdcf3c8</CrashGUID>
    <AppName>DiRT 4</AppName>
    <AppVersion>0,1,120,786</AppVersion>
    <ImageName>H:\Programmas\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DiRT 4\dirt4.exe</ImageName>
    <OperatingSystem>Windows 10 Pro Build 15063</OperatingSystem>
    <OSIs64Bit>1</OSIs64Bit>
    <GeoLocation>ru-ru</GeoLocation>
    <SystemTimeUTC>2017-06-09T14:03:49Z</SystemTimeUTC>
    <ExceptionAddress>0x7ff6b98efc76</ExceptionAddress>
    <ExceptionModule>H:\Programmas\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DiRT 4\dirt4.exe</ExceptionModule>
    <ExceptionModuleBase>0x7ff6b8b00000</ExceptionModuleBase>
    <ExceptionModuleVersion>0.1.120.786</ExceptionModuleVersion>
    <ExceptionType>0</ExceptionType>
    <ExceptionCode>0</ExceptionCode>
    <GUIResourceCount>33</GUIResourceCount>
    <OpenHandleCount>1917</OpenHandleCount>
    <MemoryUsageKbytes>1705220</MemoryUsageKbytes>
    <CustomProps>
        <Prop name="career_description" value="" />
        <Prop name="career_type" value="none" />
        <Prop name="device_id" value="0x6818" />
        <Prop name="game_mode_type" value="rallycross" />
        <Prop name="game_status" value="55" />
        <Prop name="graphics_driver_version" value="AMD" />
        <Prop name="location" value="Race" />
        <Prop name="node_path_id" value="207803162" />
        <Prop name="node_path_previous_id" value="110875045" />
        <Prop name="race_type" value="rallycross" />
        <Prop name="steam_id" value="76561198103140609" />
        <Prop name="track_lighting" value="[midday, overcast, 00]" />
        <Prop name="track_name" value="loheac_rallycross" />
        <Prop name="track_route" value="route_0" />
        <Prop name="track_weather" value="[Rain=0.60, Snow=0.00, Fog=0.73, Scattering=0.00, Cloud=0.92]" />
        <Prop name="vehicle_id" value="ERROR" />
    </CustomProps>
    <FileList>
        <FileItem name="crashdump.dmp" description="Crash Minidump" />
        <FileItem name="crashrpt.xml" description="Crash Description XML" />
    </FileList>
</CrashRpt>

Hello i found a bug when you play Dirt4 for some time keyboard freezes. You have to unplug it and put it in again for it to work. It was since Dirt3 alot of people have this problem. Please fix it.

Not a bug but this is ridiculously silly.  Please remove the "we are currently fighting for 6th place" from the rallycross spotter's audio cue.  I have yet to find any motorsport where drivers are actually fighting for last place. :P

Game freezes and crashes here too. Only way is to restart computer. Rainy stages problem here as mentioned before by others.

Career mode / Michigan rally / rainy second stage /Cockpit view  = Crash
Have not updated drivers for nvidia yet. 
Edit: Other elements in the game works fine
!! Game crashes only in cockpit view + Rain. Managed to play stage with bonnet cam, but  when replay tried to use to cockpit view camera game crashed and freezed. Other views work fine. !!

1. The windscreen wipers still go automatically on at random times (like DiRT Rally).
1.1 However this time it even happens when you turn OFF automatic windscreen wipers. I haven't driven in rain yet so I cannot comment whether turning windscreen wipers OFF does anything at all.
1.2 Not really a bug, but I'd like to have the settings reverted to the DiRT Rally way of turning on/off the wipers. A single click should let it wipe only once and holding it to turn it on/off.

2. My PC freezes when in the career mode, it's the first rain stage of the game (Australia 2nd stage of the Michigan Wood Rally event . I have to manually shut down my PC after this.

EDIT: Oops. I had not read the thread yet, seems like I am not the only one!

Hello,
no ffb with direct drive wheel on MMos 2014 . The wheel is well recongnised by the game and well assigned to the steering, i also made the calibration with no problems but no ffb .

Don't know if it's a bug (or a "feature"), but has anyone else noticed that the sound on the 037 is completely off?
I loved it in Rally, because it was really realistic, then you guys publish that video with Shure where you capture the sound, which gets me even more excited.
Today I'm doing a stage in it - AND IT SOUNDS LIKE A GODDAMN FLAT-4. LIKE A FRICKIN' SUBIE. As if someone took the engine from the 2013 Impreza, slapped a Supercharger onto it, and decided to call it a 037.
I love the louder, more prominent noise from the supercharger, drawing air and all that. And on gearshifts you now actually get that infanous whine...but the central/"overall" noise sounds just WRONG.
Out of convenience I'm taking Porky's videos for this, but...just listen. Please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaI_-ojB4QE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egjox1hQHx0&t=1s

And the Shure video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2XNhJCS0U

There is something fundamentally wrong. Maybe someone picked the wrong sound file for some reason, who knows. But this IS NOT a 037.
Please, Codies...do something about this atrocity. This takes so much fun out of this beautiful car...

Hyundai R5 DLC does not show up in my garage either. What is founder icon and where is it? This preorder DLC is bogus.

Colt45z said:
Hyundai R5 DLC does not show up in my garage either. What is founder icon and where is it? This preorder DLC is bogus.
Colt, you need to buy the car, it only give you access to the car, it does not gift it to you

Rally - gridlines can be seen on track. Powys stages in the dry weather - really prominent in the open moorland rather than in the actual forrest. On ps4.

Rallycross - J. Baumanis livery on the Fiesta Supercar has an Austrian flag next to his name (it should be a Latvian flag)

Console - PS4 "Up and Up" Trophy
Im not sure if it's a bug/glitch or if I just haven't met the requirements!
I levelled up 1 tier from division 3 tier 7 to division 3 tier 6 but no trophy! Do I need to continue ranking up (and if so how far?) to unlock this or is it bugged?

Xbox One: Experiencing stutter at Lydden Hill, particularly at the uphill hairpin. 

it would be nice to see on the ps4 under "update history" the actual patch notes rather than "visit codemasters.com etc, etc for patch info"  defeats the entire purpose of an update history section.

Stevie777 said:
Ps4: no rearview mirror in dashboard cam, bug or feature? 
Ps4: no option to select : 'Manual H-pattern + Clutch OR Manual Sequential' instead we now have to change options manually to set the kind of shifter we like to use based on the cars gearbox.
PC : same here about the gear box, just want to have the right gear box on the right car :/.
Thank you.

The 'Real turbulent juice' achievement popped up right after the welcome event.
I'm pretty sure I haven't cleanly landed a 65m jump during that stage.
According to the Steam global achievement stats, everyone got it.

BUG PC.
When i start Michigan Wood Rally 2nd stage, the game freeze at the loading screen but the music and sound goes on, also i notice that right down below there wont be continue , but if i press enter i hear the sound of the service area etc etc, tried other cars by abandon the rally etc, but keep having the same problem.

BUG PC.
When i start Michigan Wood Rally 2nd stage, the game freeze at the loading screen but the music and sound goes on, also i notice that right down below there wont be continue , but if i press enter i hear the sound of the service area etc etc, tried other cars by abandon the rally etc, but keep having the same problem.

This seems to happen to many of us. Stages can be played (atleast for me) while using other cam views than cockpit. Even on replays game freezes when it goes to cockpit cam. So on rainy stages use bonnet cam etc. And skip replays fast, until this gets fixed

Dirt, could you add the option to select (H/pattern with clutch or sequential) so It automatically sets to the car we're driving like in dirt.

It's a pain in the arse having to manually change it with each vehicle especially since we can't do it in game now.

Since there were so many reports, I'm not sure if this is mentioned, but here goes:
PS4: Every time I enter the joker on the first lap at #HellRX, the spotter tells me the jokerlap is invalid and I have to do it again. But its not invalid, and it shows green in the top left corner, plus if I don't take the joker one more time, I get no penalty.