Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Day One - DiRT 4 v1.02 - Found a bug? Post it here!

cjhill said:
BUG -PS4

Rallycross
When taking a joker i sometimes get told it has not been counted by the stewards because I missed the entry.
Then when I take the joker again I get told I only needed to take 1 joker  :p
Yes, I am having this same problem. Happened to me in the full circuit in Hell. 

Having a lot of stutter issues on the PC platform,  read through steam threads and many other people are experiencing the same issue. Going to link to a post I made on the technical side, contains video and links to the steam threads  ( game does feel fantastic though, just not playable at the moment ) 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/52977/dirt-4-pc-stutter-60fps#latest
Thanks a bunch, Hinjima.

I have an Arduino uno with unojoy that control the sequential shifter and i cannot map the downshift button(9) initially upshift button was recognize as ESC instead of button 10  then after couple of retry it assign it as the downshift so i had mapped two button 9 
Bizarre.. never had problems with DR with the shifter.

Then i have triple screen and the center lcd is a 21:9 while the two lateral are 19:6 The car is going crooked sideway and to go straight i have to look at the very far right in the central monitor.
Obviously in this condition was very difficult to perform the initial test run and the yard drive with Jen repeatedly remind me that i could chance difficulties mode was very frustrating and offensive. i am a decent driver and i never use assist. Please give me a better game!

Game goes from 60+ FPS and drops to 12 FPS about 10 times per 2 hour session. This issue doesn't fix itself either. I have to toggle my game resolution to something else and back again to fix it. Sometimes I have to reload the game all together which is unacceptable. This may be related to the fact that I'm running triple monitors, but that should be pretty common since Dirt and racing games in general have always supported triple monitor well. I am running a 780 ti, i7 4770 3.4GHz w/ 16 gigs ram on windows 10 Home 64bit version 1607. A fix for this would be great as the game is completely unplayable at the moment.

@ChristinaMc - Here's a pretty frustrating bug or issue (Xbox):

I started the Founder Invitational and got through the first stage.  I was reviewing the leaderboard to see how my time compared to others'.  I scrolled all the way to the bottom, then hit "X" to choose the "Find Me" option.  The game then froze and crashed.  After reloading the game I now have "DNF" on stages 2-4 and can't restart it or pick up where I left off.  Really, really frustrating after being super excited for this exclusive event.

The devs really need to patch the game so it can tell if the game crashes and allow the user to pickup where they left off or at least restart.  Any way this event can be reset for my profile? 

Thanks.  ~J

edit: that was after spending 150k on the Hyundai too  :'( 

Bug on pc: Im missing all the voices in the game and some car sound when use cams inside the car and sometimes in hood cam
Edit Found a fix atleast for me im using the logitech g933 and many sound did not get picked up by the headset and just reinstalling the logitech gaming software worked

PS4 online, private lobby. Sometimes I can finish 1st, 1st, 2nd, then when done it puts me 3rd with O points? Has done it to all my friends in same room. Go over to Rally X or trucks, problem gone. Go back to Rally, there it happens again.

Rosscar said:
I have just purchased Dirt 4 forXbox one and it will not install. After a few seconds it says installation stopped .I took disc back to retailer (The Warehouse Levin New Zealand ) and exchanged disc with the same result. My box is nearly new one S and no trouble with other games Forza 6 ,Ghost Recon .I do not have internet connection for xbox is this possible cause? Surely one does not need connectipon to install a game from disc.Pleaqse advise.
You need Internet for have authorization of game license maybe? 

https://youtu.be/gwNVSnmBT5k

There is no rain ( raindrops on windshield )  in cockpit view. Please help. It's on Xbox one

I'm not gonna have to pay his hospital bill am i? Joking aside i don't think that's supposed to happen nor do i know how it happened.
(PC)

When driving behind wheel view, sometimes there is no numbers for gears on the dashboard. Also, when coming out of repair station, why is our front window already dirty on takeoff? do they not clean the window in repair station? PS4

Ran into an issue on the PC version with the latest update. Steam says it's a 583 MB update, but it allocated an additional 33.2 GB in Steam's downloading folder even though the game is already fully downloaded.
Update: It was giving me a not enough disk space error so I freed up enough space and the update went through. It seemed to copy all of the files to the downloaded folder and then back in to the game folder so it took a little while.

spreagadh said:
Don't know if it's a bug (or a "feature"), but has anyone else noticed that the sound on the 037 is completely off?
I loved it in Rally, because it was really realistic, then you guys publish that video with Shure where you capture the sound, which gets me even more excited.
Today I'm doing a stage in it - AND IT SOUNDS LIKE A GODDAMN FLAT-4. LIKE A FRICKIN' SUBIE. As if someone took the engine from the 2013 Impreza, slapped a Supercharger onto it, and decided to call it a 037.
I love the louder, more prominent noise from the supercharger, drawing air and all that. And on gearshifts you now actually get that infanous whine...but the central/"overall" noise sounds just WRONG.
Out of convenience I'm taking Porky's videos for this, but...just listen. Please.

There is something fundamentally wrong. Maybe someone picked the wrong sound file for some reason, who knows. But this IS NOT a 037.
Please, Codies...do something about this atrocity. This takes so much fun out of this beautiful car...

The sound of the 037 in Dirt Rally was not more realistic, it was just a modified M3 placeholder sound...

PlatformPC 
Nature of glitch: SRW-S1 Wheel Features
Definition: I play on PC with the SRW-S1 wheel. I'm glad the game supports and recognizes this particular wheel, but whenever I play the game, my LED lights on top of the wheel don't seem to work, while even older DIRT titles have  LED lights working properly. "DIRT 2" in particular.  I have proper drivers installed for working LED lights. Would really appreciate if this feature would be fixed in the future. Thank you.

Hinjima said:
Having a lot of stutter issues on the PC platform,  read through steam threads and many other people are experiencing the same issue. Going to link to a post I made on the technical side, contains video and links to the steam threads  ( game does feel fantastic though, just not playable at the moment ) 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/52977/dirt-4-pc-stutter-60fps#latest
Thanks a bunch, Hinjima.

Try turning V-Sync on

I'm sure it's been said but I'll add another time to verify others claims:

Especially on the historic rally RWD, the AI is too easy to beat. On demanding with all the assists off on sim mode, it's till very easy to beat the AI by 30 seconds or more, even after having 2-3 accidents or even stopping for a full 15 seconds. If someone set their mind to it, they could beat the AI by 90 seconds I bet. 

Especially on the historic rally RWD, the AI is too easy to beat. On demanding with all the assists off on sim mode, it's till very easy to beat the AI by 30 seconds or more, even after having 2-3 accidents or even stopping for a full 15 seconds. If someone set their mind to it, they could beat the AI by 90 seconds I bet. 
I'm finding the AI on "Tough" difficulty to be way too easy so far. I guess that's what 400 hours of training in DR does to you.  :( I was hoping to really have to fight to be in the top 10. I haven't unlocked "Fearless" mode yet, so I don't know if that unlocks a higher AI difficulty or not.

BadD0g said:

I'm finding the AI on "Tough" difficulty to be way too easy so far. I guess that's what 400 hours of training in DR does to you.  :( I was hoping to really have to fight to be in the top 10. I haven't unlocked "Fearless" mode yet, so I don't know if that unlocks a higher AI difficulty or not.
Even without all that training for me, (haven't actively played dirt rally in quite a while) the ai is still seems really easy to me. Idk if the new physics just makes it easier to go faster or what. But at least multiple people agree that too easy is a bad thing. 

On pc, the game crashes everytime I try to enter the joyride mini mayhem challenges. Doesn't matter which one I try, as soon as it starts loading it crashes the game to my desktop. 
I haven't experienced any other issues outside of this, I've played other joyride challenges and quite a bit of the rally career, about 8 hours so far without issue. 
Gtx 1070, i56600k, 16 ram, windows 10 cu. If any of that matters. 

Xbox one game crashed while trying to scroll all the way to the bottom of the founders invitational to see the quickest and slowest times.. wish you could hit go to top and scroll up one more to get to the bottom like DR..

Xbox one game crashed while trying to scroll all the way to the bottom of the founders invitational to see the quickest and slowest times.. wish you could hit go to top and scroll up one more to get to the bottom like DR..
same issue here, it happened after first stage.  Did you get DNF for the rest of the stages too?

Thrustmaster T500rs controller randomly disconnects from PS4 in the game and goes in to reset which nearly breaks the wrists! 
If I switch straight to Dirt Rally I have to reconnect the T500rs for it to work but then it works fine with no issues after hours ! Go back to dirt 4 and same problem writhing first few minutes!
not good for a game I pre ordered!