Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Day One - DiRT 4 v1.02 - Found a bug? Post it here!

not a huge deal for me but i use bonnet cam and the landrush vechiles seem to have bonnet and dash cam mixed up, you can see half of the mesh screen that cuts off half way up which is just distracting as all hell,  and the cross carts you cant see at all so you might as well be in bumper cam, it would be nice to see something to give an idea of how big the car is. also from time to time i have had all green sections on a stage and it still says that i come second

oh i forgot to mention WTF is a helicoper doing in spain stirring up dust in the middle of a tarmac road. what dust?

okay so I have an interesting issue on the PC version I am using a G29 Wheel with Fanatec CSR Elite pedals and for some reason they are stuck on 100% I have tried inverting them but it makes no difference is there anything you can suggest please?

not to worry I have just fixed it the resolve was I had to unbind the keyboard and wheel form the Acc, Brake and Clutch not sure which one fixed it but it worked :-)

Sometimes is the AI in rallycross and landrush very aggressive, they don't brake. Sometimes they don't see me and they crash in to my car, it looks like that i am ghost for the AI. And a  rear view mirror would be handy :) 

On my PC there is a bug where the screen sometimes freezes while you can still drive, heard de codriver, menu, etc, so it's really the screen frozen.

I'm suffering stuttering sometimes too, but not sure if this is related to Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Great game anyways!

BUG PC.
When i start Michigan Wood Rally 2nd stage, the game freeze at the loading screen but the music and sound goes on, also i notice that right down below there wont be continue , but if i press enter i hear the sound of the service area etc etc, tried other cars by abandon the rally etc, but keep having the same problem.

Same problem here.

Game often crashes to Homescreen on Xbox One when trying to look at the leaderboards.
Been doing the monthly and the Historic H2 Weekly challenge, did quite well.
Then the game crashed and when I tried to go on - both had DNF... thanks... was on course to Tier 1 safely and now I'm ****ed and won't get a single credit. :( Please fix ASAP!

Furthermore: On TrueAchievements there are numerous reports, that the Racenet-connected achievements won't unlock.

Porkhammer said:

The sound of the 037 in Dirt Rally was not more realistic, it was just a modified M3 placeholder sound...

I don't care where it came from. Yes, the revs probably didn't match, as was the case with many cars in the game. But it's still a lot closer to the original sound than the one we have now.
Don't tell me the DiRT 4 037 sounds more like the capture video than the D:Rally model. The exterior sound isn't that far off, but interior is so strange. If we disagree on this then one of us might have to chop his ears off...

And take the NR4 Impreza for comparison...it's THE SAME noise. The same kind of timbre. Just with a Turbo instead of the Volumex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiU4y5-BWZA&t

@Hatward is this intended behaviour:
- after each stage in community events, there's only a "Total" time which's adding each stage. There's no possibility to eg. check which place I've been after completing 2nd stage
- after the last stage, there's actually a stage leaderboard shown.
- the overall leaderboard is shown only when you proceed to that event, click it and check leaderboard from the main menu

Would it be possible to have per stage and overall after each stage + after the event so you don't have to check it again in the menu?

/E It seems to work in MP and SP. It's only the community events affected by this. It's like it would be switched - between stages there's what should be at the end. 

Xbox- no wheel friction adjustment in the FFB menu. Just confirmed that it's on the PS4 version. 

Found a very annoying pc bug: whenever i am racing and i pause during the race either to change a setting or to pause for whatever reason and then i continue again the camera is in an angle from the rear right side and the game is stuttering. to get back to the normal camera view i have to pause the race multiple times to get the camera back where it belongs and to stop the stuttering. if i never pause during a race the game runs smooth and i have no problems.

Not really a bug ( i think ) but this is starting to give me headaches. Crowd sound, at start of Stages, is too loud / high, comparing with Engine and Co-Driver sounds ( i play in bonnet cam and all sound sliders, but music and replays, are maxed ).

Also, cut the crowd yelling / cheering sound, while we are in Service Area. I wanna be able to tune / repair my car, peaceful. Do like while we are in Branding suite. There's no Crowd sounds, and that is perfect.

Forgot to mention that i play on PC.

Not a bug, just very annoying - in the branding suite the camera keeps spinning around. You can stop it by manually rotating the view a bit, but only for a few seconds. There should be a toggle for that or just simply don't start spinning the camera after it has been manually moved. 

Another thing with the branding suite and the sponsors specifically - In GRID games you had the option to choose couple of variants for each sponsor logo, usually a colored one and a white or black one to make them suit different backgrounds, would be great to have something like that here too
EDIT: nevermind that last part

Didzis said:

Another thing with the branding suite and the sponsors specifically - In GRID games you had the option to choose couple of variants for each sponsor logo, usually a colored one and a white or black one to make them suit different backgrounds, would be great to have something like that here too
You can do that. Highlight the Sponsor, choose " other options ", and you will have the option to change Sponsor colors / backgrounds.

Hi.

Auto gearbox not working on PC version. I have a fanatec V2 with BMW GT2 wheel and V3 Pedals.
tried the semi auto but that does not work correct so using manual sequential  at the moment.
Please can anybody help.
Kenny.

R3DH4MM3R said:
Game often crashes to Homescreen on Xbox One when trying to look at the leaderboards..
Same problem for me. On the last stage of an event, twice. Game had saved third stage result though.

The revs indicator on the dashboard of most cars seems not to be updated corretly - most of the time it is stuck in red. Has someone else this problem or is it already looked into? You can see it clearly in spreagadh `s post with the subaru. Also the gear indicator is very hard to see in some cars, a good example for this is the 208 R5.

Bug on PC
The Game scrolls threw the menü automaticly( Input Bindings, Facilities, Dirt Acadamie learn section).
Cant really upgrade cars ore my teambuildings.
Its everytime and dont care what input is connectet XBOX one Controller alone ore Mouse alone, Keyboard alone.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but a minor bug/annoyance on PC:
In the Dirt Academy, all volume is stuck at 100% regardless of what you set the sliders to. The rest of the game obeys the sliders, but Dirt Academy doesn't seem to.

I haven't seen anyone mention the multiplayer bugs yet, so here goes. This happened to me yesterday on PS4.
I opened a rally lobby and it quickly filled up with a couple friends and strangers. It was a six-event championship.

First rally was Wales with four stages. Individual stage timing was OK. The problem was when we finished the rally. The final times were correct but the order was wrong. I was shown first however I really was fourth. In second was the guy who placed last. And in third was the rally winner. And I was the only one awarded points. I got seven points and everyone else got zero.

I then set up a four-stage rally in Spain. On the third stage one of my friends got booted back to XMB with a game crash. I managed to finish the fourth stage along with three others. However, the final ordering was wrong again. I finished second, but was shown as the winner again. None of the final positions, despite the overall times being correct, were showing the correct ordering according to the times. Once again I got seven points and everyone else got zero.

While I was looking at the final results screen my game also crashed out to XMB with the same error as my friend.

The error was CE-34878-0

Rallycross spotter on Xbox seems to be very bugged. Thinking I've not left the start line, telling me to joker to get clean air in front when I'm already leading, and telling me I need to gain two hundredths of a second most every lap.

The Xbox achievements for placing in the top 2 tiers on a daily event doesnt seem to be unlocking, and neither did the one for moving up a tier in Pro Tour when I completed it

Yea I found a huge bug. Your speedometer is insanely inaccurate. Your speed is 100% based on your tachometer and not how fast you are actually going. Right of the start of a stage, red line in first and says you are going 30~40, shift up into second gear and it says you are going 20ish. How can you make a racing game with a false speedometer?   

Yea I found a huge bug. Your speedometer is insanely inaccurate. Your speed is 100% based on your tachometer and not how fast you are actually going. Right of the start of a stage, red line in first and says you are going 30~40, shift up into second gear and it says you are going 20ish. How can you make a racing game with a false speedometer?   
Do you know cars IRL are based on the speed of which wheel rotates 360 degrees? If you don't have grip, it will show more than you're actually driving.

Though I must admit I've seen the difference between the digital in car and the one from HUD.