Sign in to follow this  

Day One - DiRT 4 v1.02 - Found a bug? Post it here!

Hi All at Codemasters.

Congrats on a fabulous Sim. This is a great step forward from Dirt Rally. Amazing.
Running a 4790 k processor , Nvidia 1080 card and 16gb ram.
Fanatec V2 base BMW GT 2 Wheel and V3 pedals on a Pagnian race simulator with V2 motion base.

I have noticed when braking in sim mode with all assists on 5 the car spins when you hit the brakes quite soft.
Also frame rate stuttering in game and on replays in wooded areas and Rallycross replays.

Your Stage is brilliant. It would be great if you could do the ideas below in a update.
More Junctions in stages.
Some more and higher jumps in stages.
More roadside areas for spectators , Marshall posts, Logs piles, other things ect.like Dirt Rally.
Tighter hairpins for handbrake turns.
I would really like to see Finland back as that was amazing I loved the jumps and up and down sections ect.
Thanks again.
Kenny.

A few potential bugs I have noticed on the steam version, although some of these may actually be design choices:

Manual wipers - In my difficulty settings I have set wipers to manual, yet wipers work automatically during the stage eg when there is dirt etc. It does appear to work as intended after watersplashes though.

Rain drops not on windshield in cockpit view - During a rainy stage rain drops are not appearing on windshield, however if the stage happens to include a watersplashes it appears to trigger the correct behaviour for the rest of the stage. Car/track does not appear to make a difference.

Stage running order not affecting live split times - Even if I am the first person out on a stage, live checkpoint splits still appear for other competitors. I would've expected to only be running against the clock in this scenario and given the emphasis on stage order and immersion based features I found this odd.

Not being able to re-sign happy sponsors at contract end - If I have a sponsor rated at 4 stars and their contract runs out I don't appear to be able to extend the sponsorship or renegotiate similar to engineering staff, even in circumstances where I have an email saying how happy they are after the last event. This may be due to my PR staff not being highly skilled enough though, or maybe even needing a 5 star relationship.

Probably not a bug, but apparently the only way to share setups and stages is to have the people on your Steam friends list? Don't like this. I have more than enough people on my list. Adding people just to share my setup and then delete them again is too much hassle.

Please Codies, think of a better way than this. :(

hey guys

i got dirt4 on the ps4 and i do like it.

i drive it with my thrustmaster t500rs and my wheel constantly get thrown out of the game.

it says something like a wireless controller was disconnected and it is really annoying.

i dont have the problem with any other game,my wheel is updated via pc,so  the problem is dirt 4.

i cant even go multiplayer now,because the wheel can be disconnected any time and i have to unplug and replug the usb connection to be able to drive again.

please fix it!

hey guys

i got dirt4 on the ps4 and i do like it.

i drive it with my thrustmaster t500rs and my wheel constantly get thrown out of the game.

it says something like a wireless controller was disconnected and it is really annoying.

i dont have the problem with any other game,my wheel is updated via pc,so  the problem is dirt 4.

i cant even go multiplayer now,because the wheel can be disconnected any time and i have to unplug and replug the usb connection to be able to drive again.

please fix it!

There's an issue and Codemasters are aware of it.
You can workaround by:

Set all FFB to 150 with both SOFT LOCK AND TYPE FRICTION at 0
 = T500 working

At stage end of the first Sweden event in career (R5s if I recall) at the marshall's post at the end of SS3 I just get a black screen. Closed the game restarted, done the stage again and was met with the same outcome, it's on the PS4 by the way. 

BadD0g said:
I'm sure it's been said but I'll add another time to verify others claims:

Especially on the historic rally RWD, the AI is too easy to beat. On demanding with all the assists off on sim mode, it's till very easy to beat the AI by 30 seconds or more, even after having 2-3 accidents or even stopping for a full 15 seconds. If someone set their mind to it, they could beat the AI by 90 seconds I bet. 
I'm finding the AI on "Tough" difficulty to be way too easy so far. I guess that's what 400 hours of training in DR does to you.  :( I was hoping to really have to fight to be in the top 10. I haven't unlocked "Fearless" mode yet, so I don't know if that unlocks a higher AI difficulty or not.
Even without all that training for me, (haven't actively played dirt rally in quite a while) the ai is still seems really easy to me. Idk if the new physics just makes it easier to go faster or what. But at least multiple people agree that too easy is a bad thing. 
I never ever played Dirt rally and I Can already beat the Ai in Rally Cross on 'tough' after a few practice sessions and no setup work. There is a major issue with their straight line speed and being slow in certain corners. this really spoils the challenege.

Gauthier said:
Sometimes is the AI in rallycross and landrush very aggressive, they don't brake. Sometimes they don't see me and they crash in to my car, it looks like that i am ghost for the AI. And a  rear view mirror would be handy :) 
Agree with both of these points.

Hi evrybody after 1.02 version installed I have the same problem with T500 and PS4 pro deconnections and the half is on dual shock and half on the T500 (directions on the wheels brake and accélérateur on dualschock) Whats heppend ? Version 1.02 that's the patch for reparation the bugs T500-DIRT4? Or not? 

PC:
1 Keep getting steering device changed, then game locks have to reboot computer
(tx wheel with v2 pedals) 
2 No particles off of car or wheels at beginning of replay.

BadD0g said:
hardbaked said:
Why is there no audi rally x cars? Surely it's not a licensing issue as there are audi rally cars in dirt 4 in other rally events 
It is a licensing issue unfortunately; the EKS Audi RX cars are not "officially" supported by Audi. Audi only licenses cars that were supported by Audi factory teams. :(
They are now, actually (they weren't last season), so the there is still a hope of seeing the EKS Audi's in DiRT

Rallycross is broken, joker laps repeatedly get missed for no reason. Happens the most on Holjes club circuit (the one from super 1600 career championship). Even had it miss twice in the same race FFS....

The 'Real turbulent juice' achievement popped up right after the welcome event.
I'm pretty sure I haven't cleanly landed a 65m jump during that stage.
According to the Steam global achievement stats, everyone got it.
When fixed, please remove this achievement, and add it again so the stats are reset for everyone.
Also the 'Up and up' achievement didn't unlock when I moved up a tier in ProTour.

I have unlocked fearless mode, which adds the Brutal AI difficulty. But I would like to drive with custom difficulty settings (I basically use the fearless settings, with automatic gears) but whenever is select fearless, and change to autogear the AI gets dumbed down. Which makes career mode way to easy. Can this please be changed? 

Even when changing from Manual Sequential to Manual H-Pattern, it doesn't count as 'Fearless' anymore, and the AI is dumbed down...
So driving with a H-pattern gearbox isn't possible either in fearless mode.

The 'Real turbulent juice' achievement popped up right after the welcome event.
I'm pretty sure I haven't cleanly landed a 65m jump during that stage.
According to the Steam global achievement stats, everyone got it.
Please remove this achievement, and add it again so the stats are reset for everyone.
Also the 'Up and up' achievement didn't unlock when I moved up a tier in ProTour.

I have unlocked fearless mode, which adds the Brutal AI difficulty. But I would like to drive with custom difficulty settings (I basically use the fearless settings, with automatic gears) but whenever is select fearless, and change to autogear the AI gets dumbed down. Which makes career mode way to easy. Can this please be changed? 

Even when changing from Manual Sequential to Manual H-Pattern, it doesn't count as 'Fearless' anymore, and the AI is dumbed down...
So driving with a H-pattern gearbox isn't possible either in fearless mode.
I definetely agree on this one.
Clutch Override and Gearbox type shouldn't be in assists but in Gameplay settings.

Right now it's impossible to setup an MP event without assists - no one would be able to actually drive it due to different gearbox/clutch override. People will abuse it and use eg. ABS or traction control.

only small one but on replays in car there can be a camera clipping issue.i think its at certain height areas or as you pass certain areas.you will get a flicker or very click like black flash.

Happened now for the second time: Sometimes the rain-effects on the windscreen stop working. No drops visible anymore, not during rain not during water-splashes. Mud works fine though in that case, showing mud on the windscreen.

This time it happened in career: Modern Rally, World Rally Series (last event) -Rally Wales: Stage 1 the drops are still there. (2-5 is foggy) and in Stage 6 the drops stopped working. A game restart seems to fix it again.
Drove the i20 R5 in Dashcam-View, Sim-Handling, no assists.

Happened before in spain, so doesn't seem location depended.

SkyRex said:
Happened now for the second time: Sometimes the rain-effects on the windscreen stop working. No drops visible anymore, not during rain not during water-splashes. Mud works fine though in that case, showing mud on the windscreen.

This time it happened in career: Modern Rally, World Rally Series (last event) -Rally Wales: Stage 1 the drops are still there. (2-5 is foggy) and in Stage 6 the drops stopped working. A game restart seems to fix it again.
Drove the i20 R5 in Dashcam-View, Sim-Handling, no assists.

Happened before in spain, so doesn't seem location depended.
Been having this as well. One time I didn't see raindrops on the windscreen, until I drove throught a watersplash, then after I had wiped that away rain did appear on the windscreen.

I'm using the Logitech G920 for the Xbox One and cannot find any slider to adjust the "wheel friction" within any of the options menus or sub-menus.  I can bind buttons, adjust steering linearity, steering saturation, brake/gas/clutch deadzones and saturation, etc., basically every other option available for wheel configuration except for the friction of the wheel itself. 

When you select the "What's This?" option (I can't recall exactly what screen it is on, but can take a screenshot tonight after work and edit this post) a description of wheel friction is displayed, but it is the only option not actually in the menu itself. 

Am I missing this setting somewhere else?  Has anyone else figured out how to adjust the friction? 

akmiles said:
I'm using the Logitech G920 for the Xbox One and cannot find any slider to adjust the "wheel friction" within any of the options menus or sub-menus.  I can bind buttons, adjust steering linearity, steering saturation, brake/gas/clutch deadzones and saturation, etc., basically every other option available for wheel configuration except for the friction of the wheel itself. 

When you select the "What's This?" option (I can't recall exactly what screen it is on, but can take a screenshot tonight after work and edit this post) a description of wheel friction is displayed, but it is the only option not actually in the menu itself. 

Am I missing this setting somewhere else?  Has anyone else figured out how to adjust the friction? 

its missing on the xbox version because I've seen a screenshot of it on the PS4 version. hopefully they will patch it in soon.

Xbox One
Pro Tour
Result screen after the first race - nothing happend for about 2-3 minutes, than my sound stuttered, crash to desktop. Lost all my points (was about to be promoted) and now I'm banned for 15 minutes as well.
Fix immediately. Atm your online portion of the game is nearly unplayable!

PC Problem: When I leave Dirt 4 and I'm going to play Dirt Rally, my steering wheel stops working. I have to restart the PC to get back to playing.

PC problem: When i leave Dirt 4 and i'm going to play Dirt Rally, my steering wheel stops working and i must restart the PC to get back to playing it.
Another thing: The FFB is strange. I don't feel it every time. Just here and there. 

I have a TrackIR - Bug:
I can't get my TrackIR working with Dirt4. It works with all other Dirt titles and third party race simulations.
So, this has to be logged as a bug, I think.