Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Day One - DiRT 4 v1.02 - Found a bug? Post it here!

I have noticed a few bugs on xbox one
Massive screen tearing (only in close dash cam)
Body damage somtimes stops the backfire visual affect from happening again until a new race is loaded
Rain effects on windscreen sometimes stop until new race is loaded
Pro tour matchmaking is shambolic

Bug: PS4

I've been playing the Dirt 4 career mode for a few hours and when I try to play the 3rd event, stage 1/1 of the Euro Sealed Rally, the game hard locks my PS4 Pro at the loading screen until the PS4 Pro crashes and I have to unplug the power cable in order to turn it off. I've reproduced this twice in a row, each time at the same spot. This is a pretty serious issue as it's putting my PS4 Pro's hard drive at risk.

I have replaced my save data with last night's save data from the cloud, thinking maybe it was a corrupted file.  Nope, still hard locks my console at the exact same spot.  After yanking the power cable for the third time and restarting my console, I'm going to back up all of my save data to the cloud, delete Dirt 4, then redownload it to see if maybe it is a corrupted file in the game that might be fixed by a reinstall.

Platform: PC-Steam
Perhaps I found a serious bug.
I suppose simulation mode means players control car with his device with constantly saturation.
But in game for example, I try to drive in Dirt Academy -> Rally -> Ford Fiesta R2 at Freeroam.
When car stay, game device like racing wheel when turned 100% steering angle, made in-game steering wheel to angle 270 degree to corresponding side. Also car wheels turn to maximum angle.
But when car speed around 80+ kmh, same 100% angle turn of racing wheel, turned in-game steering wheel just to angle 90 degree. Also car wheels very little turned.

This bug make behavior to all cars very understeering at high speed, and very unpredicable at medium speed cornering.
Also it makes Steering Linearity useless.
Because players expect constant angle to car wheels at any speed they very disappointed.
Maybe game need special setting like steering sensitivity to speed.
But today very hard adapt to cars behavior in game.

The game is really awesome...! But theres one boring bug when you use the Logitech G29 that you cant adress the L2 and R2 buttons for the handbrake. The game ignores that two buttons. Please patch this as soon as possible.

i found a bug, when i start a special stage my pc plant or when the chargement is finish, i don't have the button for start the game but i heard the sound of car, it is at the moment that dirt 4 planting. I do this action a lot of time but is imposible to progress in the game. I unistall the game 3 time but i never start the special stage 

i found a bug, when i start a special stage my pc plant or when the chargement is finish, i don't have the button for start the game but i heard the sound of car, it is at the moment that dirt 4 planting. I do this action a lot of time but is imposible to progress in the game. I unistall the game 3 time but i never start the special stage 
Set your mirror to lowest graphic settings.

The MG Metro 6R4 bottoms out very easily on tarmac, at least in the front. It keeps spewing sparks during braking and cornering.

versedi said:
no changment 

versedi said:
no changment 

Try updating your graphic card drivers to the latest (there was an update on release day for both AMD and Nvidia).

Great Job Codemasters for your great  sound Job...but why no Turbo sounds in replay view ? :(
In fact, there is no turbo sound or turbo flutter  in outside or inside view in replay tv...
 it is a shame because the turbo sound for each car in game is great.

I tried several adjustments with my sound card (pc game) stereo, 5.1, surround etc ... and nothing .. elsewhere all the videos on youtube proves it .. no sound of turbo during replay tv.

Bug or
Improvement to be expected ?

The main bug I found is that I put the slidet all the way to the right for maximum simulation and it is still way to arcade. Please fix the slider...

Hi,

platform: PS4

controler: G29 Logitech, shifter, pedals

The FFB is very weak and far from realistic in DIRT 4. Playing simulation mode and no difference in Rally, Rallycross, Joyride, etc...

I find also that steering ratio is not adjusteble. This is far from realistic driving. (what was prommissed in the pre-selling feathers...)

Playing also DIRT RALLY but there's a hole world of difference gaining the FFB.

Hopefuly the team can fix this at the short possible time.

I have a bug, but see him only once: restart race into championship and opponent instant finish and i lose 50 seconds on first split.

My co driver seems to be telling me the transmission sounds broken as soon as I set off on a new stage or after I have completed repairs in a service area.

When you get to the next service area there are no problems with the transmission.

Xbox one - UK.

PC: I notice that the 4 wheel drive cars are very unstable. They dance a lot. I barely put my foot on the brake and the car crossed the road. I don't know if it is normal. 
I don't feel FFB in some places of the road, but in RX and Landrush are very good.
I would like to hear more gravel hitting under the car.
Sorry for my bad English
Thanks 

Don't spectate in Pro Tour - I'm confirming reported bug on reddit. Sometimes when you click Spectate in the moment player's finishing it crashes to desktop.

I've sent advanced report (recommended) using the bug report tool. 

/edit: I wanted to update my comment on reddit and just seen McBabe confirming for looking into it. 
Sorry for reposting. 

/edit2: after trying to join new game back, I've had my first BSOD in 3 years. It was in the moment after counting and waiting for players to join. 

L1C62x64.sys was probably cause. (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). 
I've got dumps and everything in case someone else stumbles uppon same behaviour. 

/edit3: @Hatward @CMMcBabe  it turns out I've had a ban for 15 minutes before the BSOD and I was able to matchmake anyway (I've received ++ points), then it crashed.
It must be related to the moment when I've crashed first time to desktop - it was probably the moment when it started moving us to menu when I;'ve switched to Spectate.

I've got back to the game now and just seen it after entering Competetive section.  This time I've got points down, and I can't matchmake for 12 minutes. 

Hi everyone !
PLATFORM : PS4 - GAME - DIRT 4
I know that Thrustmaster 500rs is officialy  not  supported but it works ...
it works till the 5 min of gaming :) everything is great then game show me a info that i was changed a controler and the wheel i turned off, game is paused and whell going max to left and max to right the same way when you put wheel ON and then i press button continue and everyting is work but game cant see gas pedal, i need to OFF and ON again and it works for 10 minutes again, 
its very frustrating, someone can help me? 

Clutch issue (bug) for keyboard and possibly wheels/pedals players

Hello,

I am configuring the game to play with a conventional keyboard, without assistance features. It has been a challenge, especially to properly shift the gears through the clutch using the keyboard. Well, the feeling of learning to play this game is a kind of hard and ♥♥♥♥ing amazing. :D

My question is, how to set up the clutch saturation and related configurations to the following situation:

If you are a real driver, not necessarily a pilot, you know that is possible: You press the clutch, engage the first gear, release the clutch a bit and the car moves at low speed, forward or even backwards. The fact is you do not have to press the throttle to get the vehicle moving. Yes, you reach a low speed and if you do not manage well the clutch, engine dies.

I want to reproduce this behavior in Dirt 4 with keyboard. I think that would make the game more fun, realistic and could be useful in racing situations.

Isn't that a bug or I can make it happen?

My Input Report (value when I press the keyboard keys):
Stering: 75%
Throttle: 95%
Brake: 75%
Clutch: 78% (The car doesn't engage gears with less than 76%)

My binds:
Accelerate: Home
Clutch: End
Gear 1: Q
Gear 2: A
Gear 3: W
Gear 4: S
Gear 5: E
Gear 6: D
Gear 7: R
Reverse Gear: F
Steer Left: Delete
Steer Right: Page Down
Brake Reverse: Right Ctrl
Handbrake: Space

Thanks.

lserr2 said:

If you are a real driver, not necessarily a pilot, you know that is possible: You press the clutch, engage the first gear, release the clutch a bit and the car moves at low speed, forward or even backwards. The fact is you do not have to press the throttle to get the vehicle moving. Yes, you reach a low speed and if you do not manage well the clutch, engine dies.

I want to reproduce this behavior in Dirt 4 with keyboard. I think that would make the game more fun, realistic and could be useful in racing situations.

Not possible.

----

I've updated my post on previous page with important information about possible bug in ban system at Pro Tour. 

The whole situation with reward and spectate got recorded on stream, from 1:54:00 till BSOD. 

twitch.tv/videos/151560940?t=01h54m00s

versedi said:
lserr2 said:

Not possible.

I've updated my post on previous page with important information about possible bug in ban system at Pro Tour. 

versedi said:
lserr2 said:

Not possible.

Not possible in game or  driving a real car, do you mean?
I did many times while parking, with different cars in my life.
Sorry, I'm just learning to get into the Pro Tour.
Thanks.

PC: I notice that the 4 wheel drive cars are very unstable. They dance a lot. I barely put my foot on the brake and the car crossed the road. I don't know if it is normal. 
I don't feel FFB in some places of the road, but in RX and Landrush are very good.
I would like to hear more gravel hitting under the car.
Sorry for my bad English
Thanks 
I have had the same problem