Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 2014 Belgian Grand Prix

So, F1 is back this weekend at Spa! The forecast as always talks about cold weather and rain (Saturday only at the moment). Do you think Williams will challenge Mercedes? With a low downforce setup, how dominant will the Mercedes engines be?

Andre Lotterer to replace Kobayashi.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/gp-belgien-andre-lotterer-darf-caterham-fahren-8546461.html

Williams have been going down hill for a few races now so i'm thinking it will be a battle between Mercedes, RBR and Ferrari.

fIsince08 said:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/gp-belgien-andre-lotterer-darf-caterham-fahren-8546461.html

Hands up if you've also never heard of this guy.

So to score points, they drop Kobayashi for a 32-year old making his F1-debut.

Colin Kolles up to his old shady tricks again.

fIsince08 said:

Hands up if you've also never heard of this guy.

Not a fan of Le Mans then?

Williams won't get close to Mercedes. Let's face it, the only time they've been distinctly close to them is Austria, basically because it's a track full of straights and slow speed corners. Aerodynamic performance in the high speed stuff is their weakness, and that will give Mercedes a buffer at Spa. 

fIsince08 said:

Ricciardo is doing the ice bucket challenge three times this weekend :grimacing: 

:#    Did you see Lorenzo do it ?

No, I don't like MotoGP. I'll look it up now though.

I'M GONNA BE THERE AN I AM SO EXITED I WILL WRITE IN CAPS!

Seriously though, I'm so f***in' buzzin' right now. We fly out Thursday evening!

Seriously though, I'm so f***in' buzzin' right now. We fly out Thursday evening!

Have you been to an F1 race before ?

No, it's my first one!

No, it's my first one!

Enjoy ! Never been to Spa but if it's anything like Silverstone you'll have to be there very early (obvious , but anyway). Good luck.

Tommig1995 said:

Holy crap, enjoy yourself man!

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:

Ricciardo is doing the ice bucket challenge three times this weekend :grimacing: 

:#    Did you see Lorenzo do it ?

No, I don't like MotoGP. I'll look it up now though.

I can't like MotoGP too because like half of the field is using bikes suited for SuperBikes but with Soft tires.

My dad went to Spa in 2012 and camped along the  back straight after Eau Rouge. He only woke up on the Formation Lap.

Looks like Lotterer does have some sponsorship backing after all, in the form of energy drinks company "Hype". So expect the car to look like this!

What's even more hilarious, is that Hype has been owned by none other than Bertrand Gachot.

So, a German sports car racer debuts at Spa and is backed by a company owned by a driver whose own imprisonment resulted in the debut of another German sports car driver 23 years ago at the same track.

Small world.

Mexicola said:
Looks like Lotterer does have some sponsorship backing after all, in the form of energy drinks company "Hype". So expect the car to look like this!

What's even more hilarious, is that Hype has been owned by none other than Bertrand Gachot.

So, a German sports car racer debuts at Spa and is backed by a company owned by a driver whose own imprisonment resulted in the debut of another German sports car driver 23 years ago at the same track.

Small world.

It's going to be the best looking car on the grid if they do use it :)