Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 2014 Belgian Grand Prix

JB's take on the incident...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28931224

Massa agrees 

(From Autosport)

“Maybe Nico created a problem for the other guy and maybe he should have been penalised. He was outside, so when he touched the car he was in a position where it was impossible to overtake.”

SynGamer said:
EdMa said:

Hamilton drives like a battering ram anyway, after he screwed Kimi in Germany i'm happy to see his car get damaged.

No he really doesnt anymore. You living in 2011 bro? Notehow he moved across to block Kobayashi at the same corner in 2011, yet yesterday he left plenty of room for both Vettel and Rosberg. Vettel backed out, Nico really should have conceded it and got him next time round with DRS. 

Vettel didn't commit to the corner as deep as Nico did, IMO. That's the key difference there.

First lap he went deep and had to cut across the corner at Les combes.

Correct, but Vettel opted to go straight earlier in the turn, IMO. Whereas Rosberg obviously tried to cut back under/behind Hamilton, and clipped his tire.

I honestly don't see why this is such a big deal, and thus, stick to my claim that it was purely a racing incident, albeit one that in 'hindsight' could have been avoided if Rosberg backed off half a second earlier.

mike96 said:

Massa agrees 

(From Autosport)

“Maybe Nico created a problem for the other guy and maybe he should have been penalised. He was outside, so when he touched the car he was in a position where it was impossible to overtake.”

Wow, and I thought the day Massa is on Hamilton's side will be the day when hell freezes. I was wrong.

First of all, I was comparing 2011 to 2013-2014

Secondly Massa is 1 point ahead of Kimi in a faster car so..

Finally, Bottas is putting everyone in their place so it's all good.

mike96 said:

Massa agrees 

(From Autosport)

Wow, and I thought the day Massa is on Hamilton's side will be the day when hell freezes. I was wrong.

Hmm.. @RevolvingPrawn‌ do you know what's the temperature at the Hell circuit? :p

fIsince08 said:

@KRTheIceman‌

Image 1: I'll concede that one

Image 2: Button left the door open and admitted it

Image 3: Bottas could have left a bit more room

Image 4: 2011 was an awful season for him

Left the door open, so he t-boned his car, nice.

So Hamilton missed his spot at the start and had to reverse into it :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1syLNpK_1Q

fIsince08 said:

@KRTheIceman‌

Left the door open, so he t-boned his car, nice.

Button left the entry to the corner open, the closed it on apex and exit. What's Hamilton supposed to do? Disappear?

fIsince08 said:

@KRTheIceman‌

Left the door open, then suddenly closed it so he t-boned his car, nice JB.

Fixed.

Quit trying to shit on Hamilton. I believe Button has done similar things in the past 2 years by letting Hamilton through. Also if you are going to tell the story at least revive all the events.  

But it's funny watching the fanboys go into a drooling rage when you mutter anything negative about him.

At least we stick loyal in tough times rather than switching allegiances.

fIsince08 said:

But it's funny watching the fanboys go into a drooling rage when you mutter anything negative about him.

I haven't switched, I support a driver, and his natural successor. 

fIsince08 said:

"These hoes ain't loyal, no they aiiiin't"

EdMa said:

Hamilton drives like a battering ram anyway, after he screwed Kimi in Germany i'm happy to see his car get damaged.

No he really doesnt anymore. You living in 2011 bro? Notehow he moved across to block Kobayashi at the same corner in 2011, yet yesterday he left plenty of room for both Vettel and Rosberg. Vettel backed out, Nico really should have conceded it and got him next time round with DRS. 

Germany, he clattered into at least 2 people, probably more.

In both incidents he wasn't using his mirrors at all, 2011 and 2013.

Why is Tossberg turning away from Hamilton? Clearly going against his nature.

Because Hamilton has yet again put him in a position where Rosberg either decides to crash or get out of the way. The point Rosberg was trying to make in Spa was that people shouldn't get out of your way just because you're Lewis Hamilton.

Because Hamilton has yet again put him in a position where Rosberg either decides to crash or get out of the way. The point Rosberg was trying to make in Spa was that people shouldn't get out of your way just because you're Lewis Hamilton.

And to prove his point he cost the team valuable points, himself a chance to win the race and he has lost a lot of sympathy within the team and with a lot of fans. Very cerebral I have to say.

But the fact is, he should have gotten out of the way because the car ahead had the line and that is the rule regardless of who is ahead! How many other drivers have done the same thing in the past? You're only bitching about it now because it's Hamilton.

He's put him in a position where he has to decide whether to have a crash by taking his racing line because he was clearly ahead? 

And how would they be getting out of the way for Hamilton when he was already ahead? It's a long race and Rosbergs responsibilty to back out and avoid a crash. Lewis shouldn't have to back out because Nico's front wing is barely in line with Lewis's rear.