Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 2014 Belgian Grand Prix

Why is Tossberg turning away from Hamilton? Clearly going against his nature.

Because Hamilton has yet again put him in a position where Rosberg either decides to crash or get out of the way. The point Rosberg was trying to make in Spa was that people shouldn't get out of your way just because you're Lewis Hamilton.

Drivers constantly run one another out wide. Why is Hamilton doing it any different to another doing it?

@AMS97KRR‌, can you come back here and talk about Vettel again? This Rosberg/Hamilton argument getting much more boring.

Pretty funny interview with Seb at the end when he's asked about the booing for Tossberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d15b6eA46c

I'm starting to like Seb, what is wrong with me?

Well I enjoyed that race even if you didn't...

We arrived in time with the end of the GP3 race, so when we got into the fan park (behind Eau Rouge), the GP2 cars were heading onto the track. They make a fantastic noise. After the first lap, we slowly walked up the hill and along the Kemmel straight. We got to Les Combes as the race was finishing. It's really that far, even if we stopped to take photos quite often. The hill is enormous. Games & TV give no concept of how steep it is, nor that the downhill after Le Source is so great.

We made our way round to the top of pouhon, the right hander named Bruxells. From there you can see miles. I'm not joking. Again, the sheer elevation is astounding. Having got the the bottom of the circuit, we made out way up the inside of Blanchimont, and made it to Bus Stop in time for the drivers parade.

We were sat in the trees on the banking at Bus Stop Chicane, so there is next to no chance we appeared on telly :( We had a good view of the braking zone, but because of the trees getting good photos was difficult, hence most of my good photos are from the support races. We had a giant screen quite close, so we got to see the Ham/Ros incident. Massa was *****, Kimi was good (finally), Ricciardo was great, again.

After the race we made out way up to the side of the grandstand to see the podium. We didn't boo Rosberg, but it was loud either way. After that, we got onto the track at Le Source, walked to the base of Eau Rouge, and made our way back to the bus. Great day!

Tommig1995 said:

The hill is enormous. Games & TV give no concept of how steep it is, nor that the downhill after Le Source is so great.

Yea I've been to Spa myself a couple of times, and it's really amazing. I actually drove on the track a couple of months ago, that feeling of going up at Eau Rouge is insane, even at 'low' (140 km/h) speed. You really can't see where you're going, so I was glad with all my experience from my Codemasters games :)

I also noticed that in-game the Bus Stop chicane is way too flat, as you can see in my video where I drive through the actual chicane.

Here is some more info on my day at Spa, and a video summary of the couple of laps I drove.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/572/spa-classic-2014

Tommig1995 said:

The hill is enormous. Games & TV give no concept of how steep it is, nor that the downhill after Le Source is so great.

Yea I've been to Spa myself a couple of times, and it's really amazing. I actually drove on the track a couple of months ago, that feeling of going up at Eau Rouge is insane, even at 'low' (140 km/h) speed. You really can't see where you're going, so I was glad with all my experience from my Codemasters games :)

I also noticed that in-game the Bus Stop chicane is way too flat, as you can see in my video.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/572/spa-classic-2014

There are a few places where Codies track design isn't great, but none as bad as Brands Hatch in F1 2013/GRID. The worst design of Brands Hatch I have ever seen by far.