Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 2014 Belgian Grand Prix

mike96 said:
Mexicola said:

Things getting really heated on BBC.

lol.

What did they say?

Not really what they said, but everyone was yelling over each other and it was hilarious.

AMS97KRR said:
Williams should drop Massa, maybe sign Vergne?

I'd say Grosjean. He more than deserves a competitive seat, and I'm just hoping Williams can keep up these performances with the car.

AMS97KRR said:

Why is it laughable?

Because you're giving top salary to two has-beens. They make more on their own than every other line-up on the grid combined.

Not really. Raikkonen is done and Alonso has been losing speed and making stupid decisions for two seasons now.

mike96 said:

20 second penalty for Magnussen, he's out of the points in 12th. Deserved.

I dunno man. He was too aggressive, that's undeniable, but they'd all have done the same in that group (maybe other than Button). Fair enough on giving him a penalty, but 20 seconds is too harsh, maybe a 5 place grid drop for Monza would have been better?

Was that for the move he did on Button and Alonso? If so, then that's bullshit. Can't do anything anymore.

mike96 said:

I dunno man. He was too aggressive, that's undeniable, but they'd all have done the same in that group (maybe other than Button). Fair enough on giving him a penalty, but 20 seconds is too harsh, maybe a 5 place grid drop for Monza would have been better?

He got 2 penalty points as well. 

Dave, he pushed Alonso on the grass while doing 320+ at Kemmel straight, it was a desreved one.

And now, let the fireworks begin

https://twitter.com/willbuxton/status/503566128166494208

mike96 said:
mike96 said:

He got 2 penalty points as well. 

Dave, he pushed Alonso on the grass while doing 320+ at Kemmel straight, it was a desreved one.

And now, let the fireworks start

https://twitter.com/willbuxton/status/503566128166494208

Well Alonso knows how to handle that after Vettel pushed him onto the grass at Monza ;) I'm sure they penalised Vettel for that but I can't remember what it was? Definitely not a good move from Magnussen, but had it happened with some of the drivers lower down the field I don't think his penalty would have been so harsh.

Lol! It'd be amazing if that's true, but I'll bet it's just a rumour :p

mike96 said:

Wolff: Unacceptble racing.

Can understand why he said that though given Rosberg's clumsy move. If it were me I'd have backed off after the first attempt maybe if that had happened in the last 5 laps or whatever you can understand a lunge like that but not in lap 2. One of the golden rules of F1 is never take out your team mate and like it or not Rosberg broke that rule. I just hope they learn from the mistake. There will no doubt be some heated discussions going on at Mercedes after todays race.

Oh yeah, I remember him putting Alonso on the grass. No complaints there.

mike96 said:

It was a drive through

It's not a rumor, everyone mentions it on Twitter.

Well well well. This is gonna be interesting! I imagine there's maybe part of it that's been blown out of proportion, but if it's completely true...