F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

2014 Formula 1 UBS Chinese Grand Prix

Lol I wouldn't say we were ever best of friends but he's seemed to of vanished of the face of the earth recently until now. Also, my liking of someone can only go so far when they support Vettel. :P

If Vettel is all that he's hyped up to be and Ricciardo is beating him, Ricciardo must be the best ever F1 driver.

Now they just need to get Nico Hulkenberg in a top team, that would be amazing. Thank god he didn't end up at Lotus!

I think a dry race tomorrow would be better. Ferrari , Red Bull and Merc all had similar pace in their race sims on Friday although Merc are probably sandbagging a bit. And I don't see Vettel staying late to help the team pack up now.  8-|

#DareToPastor

Also, I would be lying if I said I can't see why people are happy with Vettel's current situation. After all those years, it must feel great. I can relate, since I support an English football club that is not named Manchester United. You might set yourselves up for major disappointment though, because I see some very strong conclusions being made from 4 races into a new (newer) era.

4.5 hours until the race...takes me to 3AM. Not sure if I'm going to make it for the race.

I forgot to set my alarm, but my body told me to get up at 7 anyway.

Yeah, biatch I'm a real motorsport fan now lol

Two fairly major impacts at the beginning. Doesn't appear FIA is investigating unless I missed the message flash on the screen.

Not a fantastic race, however wasn't terrible either. Good to see Alonso and Ferrari back on the podium, and would of loved to see if Nico could of held his own against Hamilton if he didn't have a horrid start. "Tough Luck" Seb. ;)

Hah Vettel. The Caterham is faster then you! Average race otherwise, Hamilton dominant and Alonso the driver of the day. Rosberg was just poor and Kobayashi brilliant haha.

Not a thrilling race, but an interesting one. Great work from Fernando, it's incredible how he always manages to get up there.

Wasn't the best race, but it did improve after half way.
Nice to see Hamilton finally getting that hat-trick of wins, shame something went wrong with Rosberg as we missed a possible battle like in Bahrain. But nevertheless its nice to see Daniel getting the measure of Vettel still, both in Qualifying and race conditions. 

On a separate note, why does Vettel sound like he's moaning in his tone of voice over radio? I swear he never sounded like that before. Or is this just me.

Because he isn't being told that he's half a minute ahead of second place.

Goes something like this

Engineer: "Seb, you're half a minute behind the Merc in first"
Vettel: *moan* (inaudible)
Engineer: "Seb, get out of Dan's way"
Vettel: *moan* (inaudible)

I can't remember the last time a race was actually really close. Must have been June or July last year. How fun. 

Can't complain about Lewis though, he is doing his job well. Just a shame what looked like a promising season in terms of excitement has turned into a bore-fest after 4 races. 

And I can't be the only person confused about Red Bulls team orders. Fair enough, they were on different strategies at the time, but they then changed Vettels to a 2-stop as well. And I'm not saying anything is going on, but Vettel finishing a pit-stop behind Ricciardo? Either Vettel gave up after he saw his strategy change (Let Ricciardo past thinking he was on a 3-stop and Ricciardo was on a 2-stop) which I think is most likely or something else happened. It just seems strange, especially since Vettel had the edge on Ricciardo right up until he backed off of Alonso to save tyres.  

AMS97KRR said:
I can't remember the last time a race was actually really close. Must have been June or July last year. How fun. 

Can't complain about Lewis though, he is doing his job well. Just a shame what looked like a promising season in terms of excitement has turned into a bore-fest after 4 races. 
So like Vettel last year?