Sign in to follow this  

2014 Formula 1 UBS Chinese Grand Prix

AMS97KRR said:

AMS97KRR said:
yugin96 said:
AMS97KRR said:
They will have the wrong mindset, a lack of skill when it really matters (such as Brazil 2012, Abu Dhabi 2012 where Vettel had to rescue his title fight despite the setbacks - I think an average driver would have given up to a certain extent, I don't believe Perez would have the skill and mindset to do what Vettel did).
Funny how you bring those exact two races up. I seem to remember Vettel botching the start and then turning into Senna in Brazil (and got remarkably lucky that his car wasn't terminally damaged), and hitting a DRS board under the safety car and overtaking Grosjean while exceeding track limits in Abu Dhabi.
Look at Webber in 2010 after his Korean GP. He wasn't the same afterwards, and he lost out as a result. That is what I am saying. 
Ok I lied, I will say something else. Webber had an injury from the Korean GP onwards. That's what most likely affected his performance.
That is your opinion, it may not have been that bad of an injury. Who knows. 

I'll give you an example form another sport. Look at Moyes at United. He still has his mid table mindset, which is why right now he wont win anything IMO. It will take time for him, although I'm not convinced. You can change your mindset, but it takes time and your time might be gone when it changes.
This is the world of formula 1 where drivers are racing at high g-force and heavy demand which you know so of course an injury will have affected his performance, its no surprise Webber dropped pace in the final few rounds when previously he was doing just fine.

FYI, the injury was a broken shoulder and it definitely would of cost him those extra needed tenths in qualifying and the race. It may not have impacted on his overall points haul however it certainly made Vettel look that little more dominant in the final rounds.

Because communism. If all people can't fit into the grandstand, then as Karl Marx probably once said, no one can.

And that grandstand needs quite a substantial upgrade to fit a billion people.

fIsince08 said:
Why are the grandstands at turn 13 always empty?
Not enough fans. Even the main grandstand had some seats empty I noticed.

It's not that there's not enough fans , because there's never any people in the grandstand. I think it's for advertising purposes.

I thought it was very full compared to every other race i've seen at Shanghai. Does anyone have the attendance? 

It's not that there's not enough fans , because there's never any people in the grandstand. I think it's for advertising purposes.
I think that's because attendance wasn't high enough though, initially. So then they just thought better to close them off entirely in future and put ads on than only have ten or twenty people.

I think it was when they moved the race from the end of the season to the start of the season that sorta killed some of the interest off, its a meaningless race now whereas the end of the season is when championships were being decided

A lot of trackside ads are CGI. Hell there was a Welcome to Shanghai just past the finish line.
Welcome to Shanghai where you can't see anything through the smog

Remember when a certain someone thought that the ads on the start-finish straight were displayed via giant screens in the track during Monza last year... :P

yugin96 said:
Remember when a certain someone thought that the ads on the start-finish straight were displayed via giant screens in the track during Monza last year... :P
Haha! I'm pretty sure I was 1 of the 2 people (Chris?) who was in that conversation :p Except we were talking about how giant screens in the track would be cool ;) Imagine if it was a tyre touch screen, and when the lead car drove over it, it would pull the advert along with his car revealing another advert underneath :D 

I think it would be cooler if you could start a timer when one car drove over the screen, then stop it when the next car went over it to show to time difference between the cars :D

yugin96 said:
I think it would be cooler if you could start a timer when one car drove over the screen, then stop it when the next car went over it to show to time difference between the cars :D
Ok, I must admit... That's a MUCH better idea than adverts! B-)

You know the the start lights in Abu Dhabi, well the bit above them is a screen where it says 'Etihad' and it usually has waving chequered flags throughout on the sides.

Well, what if that screen turned into yellow flags when it was necessary, green too and maybe even it could flash and say 'Safety Car'. That would be cool.

You know the the start lights in Abu Dhabi, well the bit above them is a screen where it says 'Etihad' and it usually has waving chequered flags throughout on the sides.

Well, what if that screen turned into yellow flags when it was necessary, green too and maybe even it could flash and say 'Safety Car'. That would be cool.
Does that screen have the chequered flag showing throughout the race? As going by how China finished, wouldn't that technically mean the race would be finished at the end of lap 1? :p

Does that screen have the chequered flag showing throughout the race? As going by how China finished, wouldn't that technically mean the race would be finished at the end of lap 1? :p
If Ferrari see this post, they will demand FIA to hand the 2012 and 2010 title to Alonso :P

Yeah, it does. If I had control over what the screen said I'd just have this I think: