Sign in to follow this  

2014 Formula 1 UBS Chinese Grand Prix

mike96 said:
You know the the start lights in Abu Dhabi, well the bit above them is a screen where it says 'Etihad' and it usually has waving chequered flags throughout on the sides.

Well, what if that screen turned into yellow flags when it was necessary, green too and maybe even it could flash and say 'Safety Car'. That would be cool.
Does that screen have the chequered flag showing throughout the race? As going by how China finished, wouldn't that technically mean the race would be finished at the end of lap 1? :p
If Ferrari see this post, they will demand FIA to hand the 2012 and 2010 title to Alonso :P

:-O SOMEBODY SEND THIS TO LUCA! 

2010, with half points awarded for a first lap chequer, Vettel would have scored 243.5 points to Alonso's 249.
2012... Vettel would have finished with an extra half point lead at the end of the season :(

mike96 said:
You know the the start lights in Abu Dhabi, well the bit above them is a screen where it says 'Etihad' and it usually has waving chequered flags throughout on the sides.

Well, what if that screen turned into yellow flags when it was necessary, green too and maybe even it could flash and say 'Safety Car'. That would be cool.
Does that screen have the chequered flag showing throughout the race? As going by how China finished, wouldn't that technically mean the race would be finished at the end of lap 1? :p
If Ferrari see this post, they will demand FIA to hand the 2012 and 2010 title to Alonso :P

:-O SOMEBODY SEND THIS TO LUCA! 

2010, with half points awarded for a first lap chequer, Vettel would have scored 243.5 points to Alonso's 249.
2012... Vettel would have finished with an extra half point lead at the end of the season :(
You sure ? Vettel started dead last at Abu Dhabi last year so that would mean no points for him. I'm too lazy to check though.  :P

mike96 said:
Yeah Vettel was something like 19th after Lap 1... Someone tell Dave Ferrari's email! :P
Bugger! I forgot to take into account their quali positions. Bloody work distracting me from important Formula 1 stuff! :p

I can't be bothered to recalculate, so let's just say that going by the chequered flag rules, Alonso was the rightful 2010 and 2012 champion! Somebody tweet this page to Ferrari.

Seriously, I dare one of you to tweet this page link and then post the proof ;)

If I remember correct:

2010: Vettel started from pole and ended lap 1 as P1. Alonso started 3rd but lost a place to Button at the start so he was 4th after lap 1.

2012: Alonso passed Webber and Button at the start so he was P4 behind Hamilton, Raikkonen and Maldonado while Vettel was outside the points after lap 1.

So Alonso would be champion both in 2010 and 2012. Now tweet this to Ferrari :P

EDIT: Actually I think 2012 would be a tie so Vettel would win it by having more victories.

mike96 said:
Yeah Vettel was something like 19th after Lap 1... Someone tell Dave Ferrari's email! :P
Bugger! I forgot to take into account their quali positions. Bloody work distracting me from important Formula 1 stuff! :p

I can't be bothered to recalculate, so let's just say that going by the chequered flag rules, Alonso was the rightful 2010 and 2012 champion! Somebody tweet this page to Ferrari.

Ferrari are pretty desperate right now so they might go for it..

Might I add that Magnussen was on the grass and almost speared half the field last weekend? The last 3 races he's been all over the place knocking into people, just hasn't been noticed because he's been way back.

Might I add that Magnussen was on the grass and almost speared half the field last weekend? The last 3 races he's been all over the place knocking into people, just hasn't been noticed because he's been way back.
Video?

Never mind I saw that, well it doesn't look like it's worse than the accident in Bahrain.

I did think that the ads at T13 were real for a bit , they even had the metal poles to hold the ads up and everything :L

This was also at 2:00am if that makes it any better

mike96 said:

mike96 said:
If I remember correct:

2010: Vettel started from pole and ended lap 1 as P1. Alonso started 3rd but lost a place to Button at the start so he was 4th after lap 1.

2012: Alonso passed Webber and Button at the start so he was P4 behind Hamilton, Raikkonen and Maldonado while Vettel was outside the points after lap 1.

So Alonso would be champion both in 2010 and 2012. Now tweet this to Ferrari :P

EDIT: Actually I think 2012 would be a tie so Vettel would win it by having more victories.
https://twitter.com/derpyonethree/status/459134988810604544

They could make half the cars CGI if they ever have any issues filling the grid..
Yep and make it so we can control the cars from home lol

They could make half the cars CGI if they ever have any issues filling the grid..
90% of the people involved would try to take out Vettel  =))

mike96 said:
Most would pick Maldonado as their driver  :))

mike96 said:
You've seriously underestimated that number.